Edmunds - V6 Family Sedan Comparo

pow

It's sad but when I see a Hyundai Sonata or Azera coming down the road it is a pretty sharp looking vehicle but there interiors are lacking. When I see the new Avalon I hardly even notice it or when I see the 07 Camry on the dealer lots(none on the road yet) I pass right by it thinking I just looked at an Avalon or Mazda product. When I see the Fusion and sit in one I am so much more impressed than with the other cars. For my money the Accord, Fusion and Sonota are all superior values to the way over rated and hyped fat dopey looking dull Camry which costs a staggering 6k more fully equipped than the Sonota and Fusion navigation or no!

I just think the bias shines through with the mention of the Fusion's "drab" interior.

First of all, its entirely subjective.

Second of all, the Fusion interior, available in two-tone camel and tan, two-tone flint and tan or all black with wood or piano-black accents is HARDLY drab.  Not to mention the materials are SUPER high quality.  Spongy plastics on upper and lower dash on top of great fit and finish.

Agreed, aside from he lame Ford corporate cener stack controls I think it's a great looking interior, on par with Camry and Accord. I like the Sonta but the interior isn't nearly as nice looking (but it's nt horrible or cheap, so I'm not bashing it).

It's sad but when I see a Hyundai Sonata or Azera coming down the road it is a pretty sharp looking vehicle but there interiors are lacking. When I see the new Avalon I hardly even notice it or when I see the 07 Camry on the dealer lots(none on the road yet) I pass right by it thinking I just looked at an Avalon or Mazda product. When I see the Fusion and sit in one I am so much more impressed than with the other cars. For my money the Accord, Fusion and Sonota are all superior values to the way over rated and hyped fat dopey looking dull Camry which costs a staggering 6k more fully equipped than the Sonota and Fusion navigation or no!

The interiors of the Sonata at least are pretty good I think, my neighbor got one recently and he loves it. I saw an Azera for the first time last week...looks alright but the rear end looks too narrow thanks o the wannabe "Bangle butt" Still it looks alright..better than that PoS it replaced.

I saw a Camry on the road this past weekend (first time seeing one too). It has a HUGE butt. Looks like it could generate a gravitational pull and suck smaller cars into it. :lol:

I'm really dissapointed with Edmunds on this comparison test....usually they are pretty good/fair but not with this one.

Edited by Dodgefan

With a Lucerne, I have understated panache, 275hp V8 that is *still* one of the best V8s around, plenty of room for the golf clubs and a ride quieter then lexus.

You also have an interior that does not stand up to others in the class and a V8 that is almost outclassed by competitor's V6. On the other hand, wasn't Lexus being dissed because its cars were dubbed by some as "too quiet?"

More Azera bashing? Guys... you're jealous. We get it... now shut up! :P

Anyways, do I have to copy and paste what I said in the other thread? I'll do it if I have to... over and over and each time anybody says anything about it. It's a good car... you guys just can't let your biases aside... You're worse that Motor Trend, I swear! :lol: Understand? :D

the Azera's dumpy ass is about the ugliest droopiest car available right now. I saw one coming at me yesterday on the highway and i had to do a double take, i thought it was an ugly fat chick with a huge ass and with a frog face.

Edited by regfootball

Anyways, again, I must say... The Azera? Well... it sure beats any of it's competitors. It looks nice, isn't overly large, performs well, and is a quality piece. The Avalon? Overpriced, overrated, and styled by a blind person... or so I'd hope. The Lucerne? Completely unoriginally styled with mediocre performance and quality... trying to be something it's not.

Well, I like the Azera. It looks a hell of alot better than the Lacrosse, Lucerne, and Avalon. Those three range from Taurus knock-off, bland multi-car knock-off, and frumpy, but bland, yet weird. The Azera is the only one that looks elegant and stylish, IMO. The rest... you couldn't pay me to own. I'm not a fan of any of their interiors, though... They all suck, design-wise, if you ask me. The Lucerne, however, also sucks material wise. I mean... the Lacrosse has better plastics...

The other cars styling... well... laughable at best. For one, I don't like Taurus's, Infivolksq45passpheawagoniti's, or stingy/frumpy/weird mobiles. So... don't make excuses.

Melted butter appearantly means being more attractive than it's competitors... especially that Avalon. It doesn't even look luxurious... or elegant... or classy... or expensive... or interesting... or anything related to being even remotely attractive.

Let's put it this way... Price being equal, I'd take the Azera over ANY of its competitors. Simple as that. Avalon? Don't make me puke. Lucerne? Don't make me laugh. Price, value... the "deal", whatever... has absolutely nothing about it. This car is competitive and when you consider subjective things such as styling... Baddabing! BV likes it over the posers. If you can't understand that, then put a fairly big, dirty, smelly sock in your mouth. Alright? No one wants to hear your continously ridiculous comments. Jeesh, Reg...

I wasn't kidding.

Anyways, again, I must say... The Azera? Well... it sure beats any of it's competitors. It looks nice, isn't overly large, performs well, and is a quality piece. The Avalon? Overpriced, overrated, and styled by a blind person... or so I'd hope. The Lucerne? Completely unoriginally styled with mediocre performance and quality... trying to be something it's not.

Well, I like the Azera. It looks a hell of alot better than the Lacrosse, Lucerne, and Avalon. Those three range from Taurus knock-off, bland multi-car knock-off, and frumpy, but bland, yet weird. The Azera is the only one that looks elegant and stylish, IMO. The rest... you couldn't pay me to own. I'm not a fan of any of their interiors, though... They all suck, design-wise, if you ask me. The Lucerne, however, also sucks material wise. I mean... the Lacrosse has better plastics...

The other cars styling... well... laughable at best. For one, I don't like Taurus's, Infivolksq45passpheawagoniti's, or stingy/frumpy/weird mobiles. So... don't make excuses.

Melted butter appearantly means being more attractive than it's competitors... especially that Avalon. It doesn't even look luxurious... or elegant... or classy... or expensive... or interesting... or anything related to being even remotely attractive.

Let's put it this way... Price being equal, I'd take the Azera over ANY of its competitors. Simple as that. Avalon? Don't make me puke. Lucerne? Don't make me laugh. Price, value... the "deal", whatever... has absolutely nothing about it. This car is competitive and when you consider subjective things such as styling... Baddabing! BV likes it over the posers. If you can't understand that, then put a fairly big, dirty, smelly sock in your mouth. Alright? No one wants to hear your continously ridiculous comments. Jeesh, Reg...

I wasn't kidding.

Oh agree that it's a nice car and far better than the XJ and Avalon. But at some angles it's rear end does look a bit out of proportion. Not a bad looking car overall, but not quite perfect either.

and your point is.......

That you're no better than the biased Import humping media which you despise. Your comments are ridiculous. Anything I read from you... I laugh at. It's all laughable. You're more biased than C&D and MT combined. You cannot, for the life of you, accept that some cars... are as good as people say they are and not as good as you want them to be. That's all it ever is with you... So, shut up! Do it! Now! Stop posting such BS! ...Get a blowjob or something as you obviously need one... badly! :lol::D

Anyways, still not kidding.

I can post it over and over and over if I need to, Reg.

the azera sucks stylistically; that's my bitch with that car. its got good competent hardware now, but it's clearly a second or third tier / third world effort stylistically. Anyone who aspires to that car specifically for styling reasons hasn't looked at any other offerings from any other brands, obviously. Their eyes must be completely fixated on the numbers 10/100..........

i'm not a domestic humper or an import humper. i say my piece about each individual car and give it kudos or beefs depending on what i think. what offends me is how hyundai is trying to pass this car off as an entry lux competitor, when clearly it is a con job to the general public to try to get them to actually think the car is good looking and has styling and interior execution worthy of an entry lux model when it simply is uncompetitive from a styling aspect and is not quite there detail wise when it comes to interior. The word 'faux' or 'pretender' comes immediately to mind.

Want an entry lux car with more style? 2003 Aurora 4.0.

The new Camlee is an average effort stylistically, but looks positively gorgeous in the company of the melted butter flanks and saggy posterior and ubiquitous japanese/Millenia grille of the Azera. Is the Azera a Chery? We can't tell the difference!

Edited by regfootball

the azera sucks stylistically; that's my bitch with that car.  its got good competent hardware now, but it's clearly a second or third tier / third world effort stylistically.  Anyone who aspires to that car specifically for styling reasons hasn't looked at any other offerings from any other brands, obviously.  Their eyes must be completely fixated on the numbers 10/100..........

i'm not a domestic humper or an import humper.  i say my piece about each individual car and give it kudos or beefs depending on what i think.  what offends me is how hyundai is trying to pass this car off as an entry lux competitor, when clearly it is a con job to the general public to try to get them to actually think the car is good looking and has styling and interior execution worthy of an entry lux model when it simply is uncompetitive from a styling aspect and is not quite there detail wise when it comes to interior.  The word 'faux' or 'pretender' comes immediately to mind.

Want an entry lux car with more style?  2003 Aurora 4.0.

The new Camlee is an average effort stylistically, but looks positively gorgeous in the company of the melted butter flanks and saggy posterior and ubiquitous japanese/Millenia grille of the Azera.  Is the Azera a Chery?  We can't tell the difference!

Chery wishes they could make a car that nice.

You guys think red is a domestic humper? Then you haven't met Domesticated and his G6 he swares is the best car in the wold lol. Red just doesn't like many cars...at all.. :lol:

the azera sucks stylistically; that's my bitch with that car.  its got good competent hardware now, but it's clearly a second or third tier / third world effort stylistically.  Anyone who aspires to that car specifically for styling reasons hasn't looked at any other offerings from any other brands, obviously.  Their eyes must be completely fixated on the numbers 10/100..........

i'm not a domestic humper or an import humper.  i say my piece about each individual car and give it kudos or beefs depending on what i think.  what offends me is how hyundai is trying to pass this car off as an entry lux competitor, when clearly it is a con job to the general public to try to get them to actually think the car is good looking and has styling and interior execution worthy of an entry lux model when it simply is uncompetitive from a styling aspect and is not quite there detail wise when it comes to interior.  The word 'faux' or 'pretender' comes immediately to mind.

The new Camlee is an average effort stylistically, but looks positively gorgeous in the company of the melted butter flanks and saggy posterior and ubiquitous japanese/Millenia grille of the Azera.  Is the Azera a Chery?  We can't tell the difference!

We all know style is a completely subjective opinion.

In my case, I like the Lucerne's exterior style 10-times better than the Azera's style.....but I still like the Azera and think that it breaks out of the typical "boring sedan" (read....Ford 500) mould quite nicely.

I'd take an Azera over a Ford 500 any day of the week.....simply BECAUSE of it's styling....(not to mention its powertrain, etc.)

And, Azera beats both 500 and Lucerne on interior style, ergonomics, fit-and-finish, and material quality easily.

I think Azera's biggest challenge (even for me) is its "Hyundai" name.

the Azera's dumpy ass is about the ugliest droopiest car available right now.  I saw one coming at me yesterday on the highway and i had to do a double take, i thought it was an ugly fat chick with a huge ass and with a frog face.

LMAO!

We all know style is a completely subjective opinion.

In my case, I like the Lucerne's exterior style 10-times better than the Azera's style.....but I still like the Azera and think that it breaks out of the typical "boring sedan" (read....Ford 500) mould quite nicely. 

I'd take an Azera over a Ford 500 any day of the week.....simply BECAUSE of it's styling....(not to mention its powertrain, etc.)

And, Azera beats both 500 and Lucerne on interior style, ergonomics, fit-and-finish, and material quality easily.

I think Azera's biggest challenge (even for me) is its "Hyundai" name.

NOT IF YOU GET THE 500 LIMITED WITH LTHR, MOONROOF, MEMoRY AND HTD SEATS FOR ABOUT 600 BUCKS DOWN AND 340 A MONTH ON A 15K LEASE AND THE DEALER IS TWO MILES FROM YOUR HOUSE. THAT'S ECONOCAR TERMS.

I USUALLY DON'T BUY MY CARS FOR STYLING, BECAUSE I TYPICALLY CAN'T AFFORD TO GET A 'HOT MODEL'. TYPICALLY JUST ROOM AND SPACE AND UTILITY FOR THE DOLLAR RIGHT NOW AT MY PHASE OF LIFE; I.E. A CAR MY KID CAN STRETCH HER LEGS OUT AND NOT KEEP KICKING THE BACKSEAT AND ONE THAT CRASH TESTS WELL. WHEN I SCORE BIG ON DOUGH THEN ABSOLUTELY FOR SURE IN NO WAY DO I BUY THIRD WORLD (I.E. KOREAN)

ALSO ALL MY PAST FORDS AND GMS FOR THAT MATTER HAVE BEEN TROUBLE FREE AND IN NO WAY DO I WANNA GIVE THE KOREANS ANY OF MY MONEY. I AM OK GIVING SOME OF JAPANESE MONEY, AT LEAST THEY ARE ESTABLISHED PLAYERS AND HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE GLOBAL ENGINEERING EFFORT, I.E. THEY DON'T STEAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.

IF I WERE TO HAVE STRETCHED MY LOW BUDGET SOME THEN I WOULD HAVE POSSIBLY GOT A CAR THAT IS BOTH STYLISH AND QUICKER ETC. AND THEN IT STILL WOULDN'T BE AN IMPOSTER/AZERA.

its like this, if you want a near lux/entry lux car, then get a real one. a TL, Maxima, loaded Camry or ES, base A4, passat, Lucerne, CTS, 300, LS, X type. how cheesy is it to try to pass yourself off as cool driving an imposter? get a real thing.

Edited by regfootball

You also have an interior that does not stand up to others in the class and a V8 that is almost outclassed by competitor's V6.  On the other hand, wasn't Lexus being dissed because its cars were dubbed by some as "too quiet?"

In this segment, "quiet" is a desirable trait.

The interior of the Lucurne is still nicer then the interior of the Hyundai.

The northstar has much more torque.

... and it's a real buick.

People seem to be, once again, bashing the Azera. Ok, look: it's faster than the Lucerne V8...how sad is that? It handles better than the Lucernce at all levels except CXS with magnetic ride control equiped, otherwise, as noted in the recent road test at Edmunds, it sucks for handling, and as they mentioned, it's slower than the Azera/Avalon even with the V8, demands premium fuel and gets worse mileage.

What's all this about Hyundai copying styles? They get ideas from other cars, but a lotta car companies do. Pick a Toyota except maybe the newest ones, pick the current LS, previous IS, pick the Ford 500 and they all borrow/steal ideas from other cars. So bashing the Azera for that is bull$h!. Like I said, The rear end of it could be better, but it's not horrible and far better than the Avalon. The Lucerne looks nicer but isn't so hot when stacked against either cars.

People seem to be, once again, bashing the Azera. Ok, look: it's faster than the Lucerne V8...how sad is that? It handles better than the Lucernce at all levels except CXS with magnetic ride control equiped, otherwise, as noted in the recent road test at Edmunds, it sucks for handling, and as they mentioned, it's slower than the Azera/Avalon even with the V8, demands premium fuel and gets worse mileage.

What's all this about Hyundai copying styles? They get ideas from other cars, but a lotta car companies do. Pick a Toyota except maybe the newest ones, pick the current LS, previous IS, pick the Ford 500 and they all borrow/steal ideas from other cars. So bashing the Azera for that is bull$h!. Like I said, The rear end of it could be better, but it's not horrible and far better than the Avalon. The Lucerne looks nicer but isn't so hot when stacked against either cars.

no, the Avalon and Camlee are far nicer to look at than the Azera. The Lucerne is also. And I don't really like the Avalon, but it at least has a bit of presence to it.

My beef, the Azera is trying to pass itself off in the luxury car arena and it simply boils down to if you are going to pass yourself off that way, then come to the table with real honest to goodness refined desirable styling that isn't so obviously amateur, imatative and unfinished and lacking completely in concept or idea. Like everything else done up in third world Asian manufacturing it shows no effort to create on its own, but merely faux / cheaper versions of things and elements we've seen before. The melted Universal Japanese sedan look. this car brings NOTHING to the table stylistically to the point where they can claim this is a near LUXURY car. Its dumpy styling stands out entirely on its own as 'discount'.

If they were to simply advertise this car as 'great midsize car with nice features and good solid performance and good space at a price you would appreciate' then I would completely let it off the hook and not say anything about it. But DON'T pass it off as a car with style to compete in the lux car arena.

Edited by regfootball

I forgot that Chevy, Pontiac, Dodge, VW, Mazda & Nissan

do not make V6, FWD sedans any more.

Cfuking Edmunds! <_<

Duh-du-duh... It's all opinion with you. Styling is subjective, first of all, and saying what say about it isn't warranted. And, hey... guess what. I've looked at all of it's competitors... Funny, the Azera has the nicest styling. Well, what do you know... Reg was being stupid again. :P

Did I call you either? No. You are, however, biased. Bias comes in many forms. Duh... You bash anything from Honda, Hyundai, DCX and bash anything that's compact or RWD. There are other things that you bash as well while you give certain things free passes, when it happens to be factually the worse choice, etc. Don't deny it...

Faux? Pretender? The Azera isn't the Infivolksq45passpheawagoniti (Lucerne) or the Taurus look-a-like (LaCrosse) or the bland Audi rip-off (Ford 500) or the bloated Altima (Maxima) or the bland-stingy-frumpy-weird-mobile (Avalon) or the tarted up Camry (Lexus ES). Guess what, Reg? BS, and stop making excuses to cover up your bias. It's not cute anymore...

Three words: Out... Of... Production. I know... how about a Mitsubishi Diamante? :lol::rolleyes:

Har-har-har... *rolls eyes*

People seem to be, once again, bashing the Azera. Ok, look: it's faster than the Lucerne V8...how sad is that? Correct It handles better than the Lucernce at all levels except CXS with magnetic ride control equiped, otherwise, as noted in the recent road test at Edmunds, it sucks for handling, and as they mentioned, it's slower than the Azera/Avalon even with the V8, demands premium fuel and gets worse mileage. Hmmm... all correct. Hear that, Reg?

What's all this about Hyundai copying styles? They get ideas from other cars, but a lotta car companies do. Pick a Toyota except maybe the newest ones, pick the current LS, previous IS, pick the Ford 500 and they all borrow/steal ideas from other cars. So bashing the Azera for that is bull&#036;h&#33;. Like I said, The rear end of it could be better, but it's not horrible and far better than the Avalon. The Lucerne looks nicer but isn't so hot when stacked against either cars.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! Exactly, Dodgefan, exactly... See why Reg angers me?

no, the Avalon and Camlee are far nicer to look at than the Azera.  The Lucerne is also.  And I don't really like the Avalon, but it at least has a bit of presence to it.

My beef, the Azera is trying to pass itself off in the luxury car arena and it simply boils down to if you are going to pass yourself off that way, then come to the table with real honest to goodness refined desirable styling that isn't so obviously amateur, imatative and unfinished and lacking completely in concept or idea.  Like everything else done up in third world Asian manufacturing it shows no effort to create on its own, but merely faux / cheaper versions of things and elements we've seen before.  The melted Universal Japanese sedan look.  this car brings NOTHING to the table stylistically to the point where they can claim this is a near LUXURY car.  Its dumpy styling stands out entirely on its own as 'discount'.

If they were to simply advertise this car as 'great midsize car with nice features and good solid performance and good space at a price you would appreciate' then I would completely let it off the hook and not say anything about it.  But DON'T pass it off as a car with style to compete in the lux car arena.

I'm sorry... did you say something? Cause all I heard was bull &#036;h&#33;. Oh wait... that's all that comes out of your mouth. I'm sorry... didn't realize that at first, but I'll make sure to remember it in the future. I guess I forgot that I'm talking to the one who once owned a Diamante and an Aztek as well as a 500. Yeah... all cars that had rocking styling... Reg must think he's a proffessional at disecting vehicle's styling because of that, now... Alright, Mr. BS... Silly dude. Peace out.

Again...

I can post it over and over and over if I need to, Reg.

Have you started to listen yet? I respect you, but damn... you're starting to push over the line...

I'm sorry... did you say something? Cause all I heard was bull &#036;h&#33;. Oh wait... that's all that comes out of your mouth. I'm sorry... didn't realize that at first, but I'll make sure to remember it in the future. I guess I forgot that I'm talking to the one who once owned a Diamante and an Aztek as well as a 500. Yeah... all cars that had rocking styling... Reg must think he's a proffessional at disecting vehicle's styling because of that, now... Alright, Mr. BS... Silly dude. Peace out.

Cory, I thought you've matured beyond that phase. I don't enjoy flashbacks to the early days of C&G.

Can't I have fun once in a while? It gets boring around here, easily... :P

Anyways, no Reg, not an hour... more like 15 minutes. And yes, it is a Chery. I'm sorry... my mistake. I wouldn't want to drive a Chery, now would I? I'd much rather have a Infivolksq45passpheawagoniti. I mean... it's less Buick than a Chery and I aspire to Buicks. You are so right, Reg.

can i at least rip my sister's elantra then?

Lol you can rip that thing, it's not a nice looking car inside or out. Although the next one could be promising...

Posted Image

I reserve final judgement until I can see it all, but so far it looks pretty good. my only compaint thus far is that I wish the character line ran parallel ro the windows instead of curving down. But it may look fine once we see the whole car.

But at any rate, you're free to bash the current one :P

Test drove an 07 Camry at the dealer during an oil change today.

All V6's were XLE's and fully loaded. Probably identical to edmunds minus the NAV.

I don't have much time for a write-up, but I'll say I was impressed.

Easily a better vehicle than the current Accord. Not that the Accord is bad, but its chassis just isn't as refined as the new Camry's.

With that engine/tranny/chassis it will sell itself. And after seeing one up close, the looks didn't bother me at all either. I even liked it, the hood cutlines are just a little odd.

Car is a definite hit.

Any serious potential buyer who test drives one will take it home.

There was also a used STS V8 sitting outside. 10kmi for 39,XXX. Sat in it, must say its interior is inferior compared to the new Camry I drove.