Sign in to follow this  
Turbojett

So I've Been Dormant!

I know you realise that I haven't put out in this forum in over two years.

dang, that's quite a while.

So, to make up for it, I'm instituting a project. I was looking over some of my old sketches and I found a little something that's about three years old.

So for the first time, I'm actually releasing a beta in good faith that I may actually get around to finishing it.

Posted Image

To your left is my Monte Carlo concept. I hadn't changed a thing on it. However when I showed off my first GNX concept, not a lot of people liked it because it was too blocky and Mustang-ish. So I redesigned the front end and side a bit, and came up with what you see on the right. Less Mustang, more Darth Vader.

Both are based on a RWD midsized coupe platform, which I guess would now be the Zeta, wouldn't it?

Anyway, what I need is feedback and encouragement, because I actually do like this picture and I hope to actually color it. I've been dabbling quite a bit in digital coloring (Mostly taking an existing picture and trying to do a vector-art-style coloring over it--the digital equivalent of tracing), and that's what I'd like to do with this one. Questions, comments and critiques are encouraged.

Edited by Turbojett

i like them both as well... but the monte needs something on the sides... like the GNX has some stuff on the sides that give it some substance... the onte needs somethin there as well... maybe a retro-esque extension of the fender like the mid 70s models?

Ooo...I like both of 'em.

One suggestion ... the MC needs the Knight Shield Crest/Emblem on it...and perhaps a bit more bodyline on the sides.

Still ... very nice!!!!

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I wonder if it's too late" ... Nickelback ... 'Photograph'

Cool.... too much shared between them stylistically.... plus the newest thing is hardtops, 2-door sedans are so 1999. :wink:

One suggestion ... the MC needs the Knight Shield Crest/Emblem on it...and perhaps a bit more bodyline on the sides.

C-pillar, just aft of the window. You can't really see it because the lines are too light, but it is there.

and anyway, there is suoopsed to be a little more surface sculpting on the sides of both cars, it's just that it doesn't come out very well with a line drawing.

Sly:

I realize that a lot of cars coming out now are hardtops again, but they're sort of a bit smaller, and these are meant to be perfect replacements for the Monte Carlo and whatever Buick needs as a large midsize luxo-sport-coupe. B-pillars would make them alot more solid, as they're supposed to be.

Don't worry though, I do have a Chevelle concept..., a bit larger, full hardtop, just forold times sake. I just need to get around to remaking the damn thing. (the current concept that I have on my site has soured quite a bit with me.)

C-pillar, just aft of the window. You can't really see it because the lines are too light, but it is there.

Ah, yes ... I see it! Sorry I missed it yesterday :(. Course, I was thinking more along the lines of the emblem for the grill ;).

and anyway, there is suoopsed to be a little more surface sculpting on the sides of both cars, it's just that it doesn't come out very well with a line drawing.

*nods*

I understand ... still very cool :).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook