NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1987 Pontiac 6000 Manufacturers Dealer Sales Training Video

17 posts in this topic

Is that woman a robot?

You know what cars are missing today? Roadability.

It will appeal to the 'transitional performance car prospect'...wow...deep.

"It'll get from zero to sixty in 11.5 seconds flat!"

Woah there! The insurance industry is going to be going after this car!

"It'll get from zero to sixty in 11.5 seconds flat!"

Woah there! The insurance industry is going to be going after this car!

That's a lot of Excitement!!! But it's a true performance car, a modern sports sedan..

This is part of the reason I say Pontiac started to died long before the last Vibe was built by Toyota.

Where was Middlebrook when this car as a STE needed a 3.8 V6? All the car was is a Eurosport with better styling and an odd dash.

I was a big Pontiac fan in the 80's and now feel ashamed to see what I used to settle for. To be fair the rest of the market was not all that great either in the days of the K car and Tempo. The Pontiac was one of the better cars and that says a lot about the rest.

Edited by hyperv6

I remember they made an AWD version of the STE for a couple years..that was kind of cool..but, yeah, other than the underpowered RWD G-body coupes that were on their way out and the F-bodies, the mid 80s were pretty grim for GM...an alphabet soup of look alike FWD appliances...X-, A-, N-, J-.. The Fieros and Corvettes were interesting, the Corvette was pretty high tech for the time but marred by a cheesy digital dash...

The 6000SE will continue to carry on Pontiac's impressive tradition for building a world class road car with superior quality and character.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

They could make a drinking game out of this film. Every time the word 'Excitement' is used, you down a stiff shot. By the time it's over, you may actually find the 6000SE attractive!

Is that woman a robot?

You know what cars are missing today? Roadability.

I have to agree with you on that. Roadability is the top feature I seek, and it is so hard to find in post 1991 cars.

Only the Sonata has Roadability in abundance.

A good comparison test would be the '87 6000 vs the Sonata, compare the roadability and Excitement!!. See if things really have improved in the last 20+ years.

The sad thing is, GM still markets cars in a similar fashion, comparing Pontiacs to BMWs and calling everything world class.

And whether it is roadability, excitement, fantasticness, spreading holiday cheer or curing disease, the Sonata Turbo always wins.

I like how SMK has just turned to mocking himself so we don't have to do it. It saves me a lot of time.

I think the '87 STE may exceed the '86 SE in roadability.

I remember thinking it was unusual how those cars didn't have a Pontiac split grille. Liked the full width taillights.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar