GMT900 truck rendering and information

91z4me

Since Flybrian didn't post it within the first 24 hours. Here you go guys a profile drawing of the GMT900 crew cab trucks showing the front end pretty well, taken from from the GM truck-camper loading guide.

Posted Image

Also of intrest certain areas of the dealerworld site, where I found this guide, call all the GMT800 trucks 'classic' like GM did with the Lumina then old Malibu.

All of this and more can be found by leafing through this link.

These sketches seem to be very accurate. everything from the doors, to the mini spoiler thing that tips along the rear edge of the roof are all found on the 2007 Tahoe. I say this ones the 2007 Silverado.

I see two trucks.  If any sketchers or Photochoppers put that together from here, they'd be laughed at.  Significance first, comments later.

You got sketches from GM of future products and you all are complaining! What is this GMI?

As for those who don't like what I found, why even bother to post something negative. I found something that I thought people would like to see, I waited for Fly to post it and he didn't so I posted it. I guess it doesn't pay to post when you find something new, like the 1st public photo of the Sky that I scanned and posted for C&G a year before it debuted.

:deadhorse:

Yea i was thinking somewhere between the Titan and Ram taillights...

You got sketches from GM of future products and you all are complaining!  What is this GMI?

As for those who don't like what I found, why even bother to post something negative.  I found something that I thought people would like to see, I waited for Fly to post it and he didn't so I posted it. :deadhorse:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the club man. The more I step back from this site, the more I see wrong with it. People need to get with it or just leave the site all together.

This is an ENTHUSIAST group...not a "who can get the most members group only to have mind boring conversations about products" group.

Hopefully people learn to show respect.

Welcome to the club man. The more I step back from this site, the more I see wrong with it. People need to get with it or just leave the site all together.

This is an ENTHUSIAST group...not a "who can get the most members group only to have mind boring conversations about products" group.

Hopefully people learn to show respect.

This site is way better than GMI. Most everyone over there has the mind set of the Happy Tree Friends,no matter how bad something is are no one will speak the truth and say how they really feel about. Which in return becomes a really boring read. To stop and say that the trucks look great when there is nothing more 2 see than a basic outline of the vehicle wasn't all that exciting for me.

Thanks for the sketch. Problem is, it's a Tahoe with a truck bed. Hardly exciting.

I though the pick-ups were supposed to be differentiated from the SUVs? I don't see any differences apart from the truck bed. I believe the lack of enthusiasm for the sketch comes from this fact.

The real information behind the pics is not in the pics themselves, but in the link which shows in depth measurements of the bed lengths, widths, depths, CA's, WB's, etc. It gives you a chance to compare the 900's to the 800's measurements side by side. BTW this is directly from GM's 2007 Trailering Guide.

I'm glad GM didn't resort to that fake-macho styling that Nissan and Toyota are using on it's new trucks.

Everyone knows the reason why those trucks have their "macho" appearance is to make up for their lack of decent horsepower and towing capabilities.

Thanks for the sketches and order link! These trucks really don't look special at all...just the same bland stuff that makes the Ford F-150 look more exciting in comparison.

As for those who don't like what I found, why even bother to post something negative.

You posted, then commented that you were surprised nobody had anything to say after 44 views. I can completely appreciate you offering information on a future product; however, I wouldn't complain when the information isn't exactly earth-shattering.

While it may not get a :idhitit: from me.

At least it deserves a smile. :)

These trucks really don't look special at all...just the same bland stuff that makes the Ford F-150 look more exciting in comparison.

But it seems GM's have always been a bit more conservative in their design. Not as if that's always a bad thing...

I'm glad GM didn't resort to that fake-macho styling that Nissan and Toyota are using on it's new trucks.

Everyone knows the reason why those trucks have their "macho" appearance is to make up for their lack of decent horsepower and towing capabilities.

Bingo. GM knows its trucks actually have the goods. Sure, they could have gone with a "we got it, we'll flaunt it" approach, but their design is sophisticated and has class; very unlike the chintzy-looking Ram. The only way the average person will know that these trucks are the real deal, is when that person is looking at the taillights through a cloud of dust.

Rice Boys And Tundra Drivers Be Afraid... Be Very Very Afraid... ^_^

funny avatar.

Your thoughts on the styling of GM trucks seems right on. They have always been conservative but tough. There is an element of elegance in the simplicty of the lines, that carried through to the Suburban and Tahoe and certainly helped sales. They are not only unoffensive but actually handsome, and since they are trucks and not GM cars they are not hindered by old platforms or old corporate think resulting in ridiculous proportioning.

to the initiator of this thread, thanks! to all the comments afterwards, I agreed with them in some way or another.

to the person who posted the colored in pictures, now that is dope! that's a bit more telling and shows something more to grab onto than the initial sketches did.

Edited by turbo200

But it seems GM's have always been a bit more conservative in their design. Not as if that's always a bad thing...

Bingo. GM knows its trucks actually have the goods. Sure, they could have gone with a "we got it, we'll flaunt it" approach, but their design is sophisticated and has class; very unlike the chintzy-looking Ram. The only way the average person will know that these trucks are the real deal, is when that person is looking at the taillights through a cloud of dust.

Rice Boys And Tundra Drivers Be Afraid... Be Very Very Afraid...  ^_^

I agree.... And I know that GM would be risking a lot if they were to do radical styling. Add to that the point that the new Chevy Truck look is VERY appealing.

BUT, it seems that the YOUTH or the FUTURE buyers are drawn more to the aggressive styling of the Ram and Titan (And probably Tundra, since, you know, Toyota doesn't fail and all)

Of course, those same youth view GM and Ford *TRUCKS* very highly so I might've just negated my point anyway.

The new Tundra and Titan? I think they have respectable numbers and are capable trucks (the Titan anyway, it's too early to say with the new Tundra). It's just that Nissan's unconventional design philosophy made the Titan look maybe overaggressive (in the front end anyway) and in an attempt to simply look different and non-derivative the new has some nearly-cartoonish design elements to it.

Anyway, it doesn't take a whole lot to picture what the new Silverado at least, will look like. I think if you just look at the Avalanche and remove the buttresses, you basically have it.

thanks 91z4me :)

I think the only thing I can see being a problem is the new, shorter box for the crew cab. Hopefully they offer a long-bed option.

Guest YellowJacket894

Wait -- something here is not adding up. From all indication given by the GMC Sierra spyshots floating around on the internet, the GMC Sierra is much more different when it comes to front and rear quarter panels and the front facia, with only the front and rear doorskins (the rear doorskins coming from the Suburban/Yukon XL on crewcab models, I presume) being a common body cue.

So, from these blank photos, could one conclude that GM made the Sierra look different from the Yukon, but not the Silverado from the Tahoe?

Something is not adding up here.

Edited by YellowJacket894

All I care about is that the 3500HD's have a real front end.

"Down with the IFS on HD's"

And IFS is bad because.......????

They ride and handle good and have had no problems.

Edited by BuddyP

I agree. We've been using HD GM trucks with the IFS setup for years on our farm. We consisently beat the crap out of the trucks and have yet to have a suspension failure yet.

Nothing is fool proof however, I'm sure there have been a few cases where one was beat to death and eventually failed or one broke fresh from the factory because of some fluke. However I've seen my fair share of broken front axels on the oldschool HD setup of previous generation work trucks too.....

Edited by Brandon Lutz

IFS is for light duty trucks. If IFS is so incredibly durable why does the 4500HD 4X4's have the SFA????

And if IFS is so dang tuff why does FoMoCo and Dodge HD's still have the SFA???

I don't think you could fill a small house with people who bought a GM HD because of the IFS! 8)

• 2 weeks later...

The real information behind the pics is not in the pics themselves, but in the link which shows in depth measurements of the bed lengths, widths, depths, CA's, WB's, etc. It gives you a chance to compare the 900's to the 800's measurements side by side. BTW this is directly from GM's 2007 Trailering Guide.

The dimensions illustrated in the sketch are all the same 800/900.

The box is 50mm deeper and much stronger.

The rear flare at the back of the cab never made it out of the studio.

I'm suprized no one noticed the windshield rack angle change.

The question of a long box on a L/D Crew ........ aint gunna happen.

The fuel door still hings from the front.

"GM Oshawa's" assessment is his opinion.

Both the Chevy and GMC are distinctive and very nice!

(I like the GMC)

Oh ya.........The Titan is a piece of @#$%.