Ever Wonder . . .

Enzora

I'm guessing probably not. In one of my psychology classes, we had a discussion on death yesterday, and took a quiz about how much we think/worry about death. The average is a 3 or 4, out of 15. I got an 11. Yeah. I rule. But then it got me thinking of how I wanted to die, and how I expected others to die as well.

A few hypotheses:

Sixty8: Don't want to give away too many details, but for a guy whose weekend hobbies include crashing cars into things, I assure you that it'll be the stuff of legend.

FOG: Mysteriously vanished one night without a trace. The only thing the neighbors could say was that they saw a black Toyota Sienna with tinted windows driving through the neighborhood the night of his disappearance.

Croc: In a cruel twist of fate, actually eaten by a wild crocodile.

Fly: In a cruel twist of fate, actually eaten by a feraled Oldsmobile.

NOS: Tragically sucked into some machinery by his collar. Mourners at his funeral could be heard crying and saying "if only he had listened when we said to turn it down!"

Hmm. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Harry: finally gets with Josh

(sorry, Josh haha)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rotflmao:

that was good i swear it was but i want to die by being smoothered by stacefaces tata's!

nah just joking but hey nos be my DD for the jocaine show kay?

Enzora:

Thanks for the mention, I'm flattered. As long as I stick with big BOF trucks

I just might be fine. :D I'll be junking the Volvo in the next few days so who knows what I'll have for this years Demolition Derby. Corwn Vic sounds like

fun. In any case if I do not die behind the wheel fo a car/truck it will not be for lack of trying.

Casket:

That's freekin Creepy. :blink:

In my teens and twenties, I always though I'd die in a car crash. Sometimes I still have flashes of two terrible scenarios in my mind:

1. A high speed oversteer, slide, spin, and collision into a concrete freeway divider

2. Getting broad-sided in the driver's door by a red-light runner.

Now that I have a motorcycle...well...now my thoughts are even more morbid.

Enzora, what is the root of this fear (since you got an 11)?

I admittedly think a lot about it too...and how to avoid it.

The one way I do not want to go is being someone's lunch...that is dead last! (No pun intended) I just rented "Open Water" the other night. No more ocean swimming for me. I haven't gone into the ocean since the summer of 2001 rash of shark attacks.

I've often thought it would follow "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." In my case, that would be an airplane as I like to travel. Still, I don't want to go that way either.

Heh... Buick owners don't die. Check our Average buyer's age  :neenerneener:

I'm going to live forever...    :gitfunky:

You mean you don't see yourself having the Space Needle fall point first into your eyeball, like that old episode of Itchy and Scratchy?

I hate to say it, but this thread really hits home for me. Wednesday afternoon my sister-in-law was heading back down to her house in Troy, Alabama when someone cut her off. She slammed on the brakes and swerved and the truck (my father-in-law's) skidded driver's side door first into a tree.....Sorry to bring this up in here, since its a light-hearted thread and group of posts, but....I dunno, it seemed like the right thing to say here.

Charger4u: A Dakota boy watching a GoManGo Orange Charger Daytona R/T with drool falling to his chin kicks chicken, which got in his way, only to be attacked and brutally beaten by the chicken's flocking wings and pecker in a wrestling match. Boy dies almost instantaneously after spending time at the hospital with his family and special wrestling "buddies" after the team's long, sweaty practice, which the boy was unable to attend (and was almost heartbroken because of it) due to gazing at the Chrysler vehicles. In other news, GM's stock drops another 15% because automotive publisher Honda Car and Driver thinks the company should die.