03Yukon

2007 F-250/350 Pics

12 posts in this topic

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2007/ford/f2...26/preview.html

What Edmunds.com Says: Ford' Super Duty trucks will be redesigned with a greater emphasis on the interiors

What We Know: Ford plans a ground-up redesign for all of its Super Duty truck models, including the F-250 and F-350, for the 2007 model year. It's believed that the look of these trucks will be a further development of the F-350 Tonka concept, bringing the eye-popping brashness of that model to market. The company is reportedly stressing the cabin design of the new Super Duty trucks, with at least five different interior trim levels available. Choices will range from the functional to luxurious. Ford has also extended its contract with Harley-Davidson past 2007, so it can be expected that Harley-Davidson as well as King Ranch editions of the various Super Duty models will be available. It's likely that the first of these new trucks will appear in the fall of 2006.

The interior looks somewhat nicer, at least. I just drove in a Super Duty today for the first time. I've never felt that much hard plastic in one area before in my life. Then again, it's not like the majority of people who buy these trucks want a nice interior due to the way they use and abuse them.

I've never felt that much hard plastic in one area before in my life.

I'm guessing you haven't sat in a Honda Ridgeline yet :blink:

Typical Ford cheap interior. The Silverado will take care of this.

[post="8583"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Does it really matter in a heavy-duty truck? Not that I'm saying they should be garbage but work trucks aren't very pleasant to begin with.

I'm guessing you haven't sat in a Honda Ridgeline yet :blink:

[post="8568"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I haven't but from the looks of it, I don't think I want to.

I was really just after a cheap-shot one-liner.. but I'm sorry to say that the comment has a surpising amount of truth to it. The interior of the Ridgeline is covered with hard plastics and has a Nissan-like quirkiness to it. I wasn't too impressed. To each their own I guess.

Well it is good to know what the people at the KTP will be building in a year or two. I do have to say I am not suprised they have actually run mules down the line with people walking along with the vehicle to make sure nothing goes wrong, I know people who work at the plant. What you may not know is that there is a small 'test track' at the plant to make sure stuff is screwed together well. Apparently it is not something you would want to try in an non HD/SD truck!

The interior doesn't look very good, but I guess it does look "tough" which might be important in this segment. When I went to Arizona I couldn't believe how many Super Duties I saw towing boats compared to Silverado HDs. There were probably 10 Super Duties for every 1 Silverado. The HD trucks is an area where GM really needs to improve upon with the 900s.

I wonder why they don't just rationalize things and use the same interior components as the F150 for the F250 and F350..

[post="8583"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I dont know but the current silverado as plenty of cheap plastic...typical cheap GM interior

I wonder why they don't just rationalize things and use the same interior components as the F150 for the F250 and F350..

"rationalize"?? Rationalize how? They're 2 very different trucks. The F-150 and the F-250/350 are more dissimilar than -say- the nissan altima & maxima; would you propose 'rationalizing' those two model's interiors (assuming they are not currently identical)?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor