MotorWeek - GM G-Body's 1986 and 1987

Back when GM still made an effort at making every brand retain at least one REAL AMERICAN car.

This video is awesome and just reminds me of how much I despise FWD.

the GN... :drool::D

The GN and T-Type are probably my favorites of that group. Wish the 442 and Monte SS had had more power. And that Pontiac had had a performance version of the Grand Prix (besides the wild looking 2+2).

Remember those cars fondly from my youf. Didn't have one, but G-bodies were very popular and all around..

Too bad Chevy didn't have an Impala SS coupe in the '77-79 or '80-85 generations of Impalas (I like the B-bodies of that era a lot also).

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

• 2 weeks later...

Great video ... until the very end.

"might keep them around" ... "to give more time" to develop the FWD "replacements".

*rolls eyes and bites tongue*

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |

** RadioShow.CDshowcase.HOLIDAY | Friday | 12.24.2010 | noon-4p.CENTRAL = www.WRMN1410.com **

"You have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile" ... Thurl Ravenscroft ... 'You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch'

• 4 months later...

Keep in mind there 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are on the slow side for the Monte because there test cars were green low mileage examples. Knock about a second or more off there times for actual realistic data. The GN at lower temps was closer to what those cars potential was.