Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HarleyEarl

2007 Toyota Yaris

56 posts in this topic

I wonder how the interior looks. The Echo hatchback has been selling pretty well up here since they finally decided to make it available.

I have to say, I don't see this winning many beauty contests. The Honda Fit looks much better.

Posted Image Edited by VarianceJ30

I wonder how the interior looks.  The Echo hatchback has been selling pretty well up here since they finally decided to make it available.

[post="8561"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

At your service:

Posted Image

The press would already be having a field day if that interior was from GM. Toyota gets by for some reason.

I don't know if this makes that big of a difference but Toyota's site says the U.S.-spec version of the Yaris will first be shown at the SEMA show. Do you think anything will change between the Euro version and the NA one?

The press would already be having a field day if that interior was from GM. Toyota gets by for some reason.

[post="8639"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I guess you conveniently forgot to consider the fact that this is a subcompact car, which will have below Cobalt and below Corolla pricing. This interior matches the Cobalt, if not beats it, for a smaller price. Not to mention this car will be more economical than the Cobalt, the main purpose of the Yaris in the first place ... a cheap, super-economical small car.

I guess you conveniently forgot to consider the fact that this is a subcompact car, which will have below Cobalt and below Corolla pricing. This interior matches the Cobalt, if not beats it, for a smaller price. Not to mention this car will be more economical than the Cobalt, the main purpose of the Yaris in the first place ... a cheap, super-economical small car.

[post="8779"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why are you comparing it to the Cobalt?

[post="8639"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You are very correct on this. They will sometimes criticize a Toyota interior for being too plain or dull and then qualify that with, but it's so well put together. When it's GM, the same type of interior, it's cheap in their eyes and no qualifier.

[post="8779"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I get your point about it being a subcompact, but this is nowhere near the Cobalt. My Cobalt's seat's don't look (or feel) like upholstered park benches, and take away the obligatory plasticinum trim (which, by the way, was less-than-tastefully applied), then you have a sea of drab dark grey, a complaint of GM vehicles for many years now.

..............................................What a Great Looking Dash! ..............................................But my neck is starting to hurt from leaning ...............................................to the side. :angry: Edited by RichW5

I was only in an Echo once or twice, but this seems very similar to the Echo's interior. The one major thing that I see has changed is the fact the the Echo seemed to have "cubbies" for storage and this looks like the reverted to the gloveboxe(s). Overall, if it's in that $12-14K range, it'll probably do well...

I get your point about it being a subcompact, but this is nowhere near the Cobalt. My Cobalt's seat's don't look (or feel) like upholstered park benches, and take away the obligatory plasticinum trim (which, by the way, was less-than-tastefully applied), then you have a sea of drab dark grey, a complaint of GM vehicles for many years now.

[post="8799"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I compare it to the Cobalt because so many people love to point out the Cobalt as a prime example of a great GM interior ... I just don't think it's that great. I've been in a Cobalt, and the interior still doesn't match overall a Civic or Corolla.

I can compare the Yaris to the Aveo if you want ... and the Aveo's interior looks a little outdated.

I compare it to the Cobalt because so many people love to point out the Cobalt as a prime example of a great GM interior ... I just don't think it's that great. I've been in a Cobalt, and the interior still doesn't match overall a Civic or Corolla.

I can compare the Yaris to the Aveo if you want ... and the Aveo's interior looks a little outdated.

[post="9179"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

well i dont know about the cobalts but does the interior on the echo stay where its supposed to? does the plastic break when u touch it, because that seems to be the tend with the rest of Toyota products...

so... i'll take a fuctional outdated interior over a non reliable one...

I've never had a piece of plastic break in any car I've been in.

I've never had a piece of plastic break in any car I've been in.

[post="9216"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

well how many toyotas have you owned?

I've had several and its all the same thing... cheap plastic that isnt very strong...

At your service:

Posted Image

[post="8571"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I thought Grand Am putting it sideways was bad enough. They put it vertically in the middle! Wonder if it's available in tan... (If you know what I mean...) :lol: :rolleyes:

All joking aside is thins thing going to be called the ECHO II? :lol:

I'm sure plenty of retards will still buy it. :bowdown: Posted Image Edited by Sixty8panther

a wow thats a pretty ugly interior i thought they could curve it a little and i cant stand center dash i like to just glance down so i can see every thing this you have to lean and take your eyes off the road for more than just a second or two. But if its more than 11,000 stating it wont sell it will have to be less than the aveo to sell. the aveo has a cheap but useable dash this looks like a sheet of hardened wax. i would of expected better. The Cobalt is very nice but it is a little blan but its comfortable and not distracting. if you been in a vette thats all tricked out you start to star at stuff and you get distracted.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0