The post rating system

Camino LS6

^^^ :roflmao:

Douche to all then! :P

Hahaha well it will only be to the douchy posts..and once a day..tops..because a douche bitched and wined about it because his internet feelings got hurted...from a little "-1".  :palm:

:roflmao: So then the little DOUCHE is BallLess!  :facepalm:

After all this country was created on Debate, freedom of speech for all. So if you cannot handle the heat get out of the Kitchen McFly!

:smilewide:

• Agree 1

^^^ :roflmao:

Douche to all then! :P

Hahaha well it will only be to the douchy posts..and once a day..tops..because a douche bitched and wined about it because his internet feelings got hurted...from a little "-1".  :palm:

:roflmao: So then the little DOUCHE is BallLess!  :facepalm:

After all this country was created on Debate, freedom of speech for all. So if you cannot handle the heat get out of the Kitchen McFly!

:smilewide:

..well.. We shall see how well that goes over.  :scratchchin:

By killing the vote system, you kill in the internet cowards who can no longer hide behind their obvious trolling votes. If they can't understand that, then it is proof that they are part of the problem. The same people who say "it's no big deal" are the same ones who took part in said vote trolling (for example, working with another fellow troll to constantly "up vote" themselves to get themselves out the negative side of the column and make themselves seem like "objective" posters). 

My point is that if you are going to be allowed to vote down someone, then you should have to post your reason for such. If your down vote is a genuine in nature (with objective reasoning) as opposed to trolling and spiteful in nature, then they will have no problem down voting and explaining why. It's that simple. If that is not going to happen, then do away with the vote system altogether.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 2

I don't see the utility in an explanation. A down vote reason is obvious usually.

While it is a clear valid point, a better discussion can be had if one is to explain their thinking and who knows, maybe you will want to change from a down to an up vote based on the debate. :P

Both have their point, I just like to better understand why people are thinking the way they do.

My downvote explanations will all be the same though..

"Because you're acting like a douche"

I'm not sure how much discussion that will bring..lol 

I say this with all due respect ccap (because we have talked about this before), but what gives you the right to decide who is "acting like a douche"? What you find as "douchy", some other may see as completely legit. Seems kind of childish in a way and a waste of a legit down vote to me. No offense but that is just my take on it.

• Agree 1

The whole "worried about getting voted down" seems to be freaking you out a bit....thinking that might be why-or simply not understanding the passion behind....

Do I agree? To some points, yes.  And it wasn't just that that "drove" me away for a while....just happened to be one of many things that kept me away...

And why the hell do you find yourself crazy?  You sound alright to  me.  Unless the down votes happen to be driving you there.....

And yes-still not a fan of the voting system- causes people to get childlike among other things- I've seen it bring things down on other sites.....causes major fights between people! It can work, most times it does not, because people starting screwing around with it......

So if I do agree with you and some points, why should I let that sink in? That I don't understand? I've been here over 10 years bud....seen it all.

I don't down vote, it wastes my time. If  get voted down, I could care less- because it means nothing to me in this stage of the game. I roll how I want, when I want.  Don't let it ruin yours...just be you.

I think if enough people would like it gone, Drew might get rid of it. But we as a group need to tell him that........

Also means that spark need to be as positive as it can be........

The whole "worried about getting voted down" seems to be freaking you out a bit....thinking that might be why-or simply not understanding the passion behind....

Not the down voting part...the lack of debate when down voting...

Unless of course people think Im trolling...but...I dont troll...

So...when I post an idea that you dont agree with...

Either

1. ignore it

2. respond to it

3. down vote it...but at least respond to it...

That is all Im asking.

Why?

Because Id like to know why I got down voted...

I like to debate...I also like for people to see where it is Im coming from...

and...if I dont like your reasoning, it gives ME the chance to down vote the down voter....

Do I agree? To some points, yes.  And it wasn't just that that "drove" me away for a while....just happened to be one of many things that kept me away...

Thanx for agreeing to some parts....at least I know I aint alone in this....coming from a seasoned veteran like yourself means a lot to me.

Because being treated like a "newbie" makes me feel like I aint wanted in here....which is fine...

I dont need to be in a place that doesnt want me.

I wont force myself unto you people.

It works for both of us this way...(and when I say "you people"...I mean the ENTIRE Cheers and Gears Community....if people dont want me here...Ill go...)

And why the hell do you find yourself crazy?  You sound alright to  me.  Unless the down votes happen to be driving you there.....

My post that got down voted was a "crazy" idea....but it was just an idea...

THAT is what got ME crazy because I STILL dont know why that post got down voted...and it wasnt that crazy of an idea to begin with...

Thanx for not seeing me as a nut job...but in real life...my mom's side of the family are ALL wack jobs....maybe I inherited some of that...LOL!!!

The down votes have not driven me mad....I dont get that many to begin with....

Its NOT about the down votes....its the lack of discussion when being down voted that gets my goat...

And yes-still not a fan of the voting system- causes people to get childlike among other things- I've seen it bring things down on other sites.....causes major fights between people! It can work, most times it does not, because people starting screwing around with it......

Well...yeah!

Like I said...that infamous post of mine...

It was an idea...not a trolly idea....nor a hatred filled idea...just an idea...

It got down voted...

Why?

I say Freedom of speech...

Freedom to down vote you say?

Sure...I say also!

But Ill say this....are we children to to say YUCK! I DONT LIKE THAT, down vote, spit out the food in our mouth, not try to taste it at all, and just leave it at that?

Expand your thoughts I say...

So that if you sound like an idiot...I could down vote you back!

Why?

It seems the down voters care about the reputation part more than anybody else...

They dont want to expose themselves.....

Im here...doing my freedom of speech thing...and I get down voted....Im EXPOSING myself....yet the down voter...DOES NOT!!!

Its CHILDISH to down vote...when NO DISCUSSION is being made...

So if I do agree with you and some points, why should I let that sink in? That I don't understand?

The last part...about letting it sink in....

I meant that in a general way....

For ANYBODY that reads that...for ANYBODY to let it sink in..

I DID NOT MEAN TO POINT THE FINGER AT YOU...

Im sorry I wasnt clear and Im sorry that you took it that way...

I've been here over 10 years bud....seen it all.

Im sure you have....I dont doubt that...

I respect you a lot.

In fact, I respect ALL of you here at Cheers and Gears...

You guys are a good bunch.

Locking horns is a good thing...

THAT is what DISCUSSIONS are ALL ABOUT....

Hence I WANT DISCUSSIONS.....you guys are a  smart bunch...I like to expand my horizons while trying to show you how it is in my neck of the woods...

PS: Im Greek.  Im Canadian.  From Quebec.

1. I dont think like any other Greek.

2. I dont think like any other Canadian.

3. I dont think like any other Greek Canadian.

4. I dont think like any other Quebecois.

5. I dont think like any other Greek Canadian from Quebec.

I have 4 identities. Greek. Canadian. Quebecois.  Greek Canadian from Quebec.

I think I have a very unique perspective on life....which includes cars...Id like to share these ideas...

I get frustrated when I get down voted...but not given the chance to explain.

I got laughed at in here...at cheersandgears because some of my posts are long winded...

I try to explain my thought process...

Damned if I do, damned if I dont...

Like I said....If I wasting my energy trying to have decent conversations with people in here...Ill leave...

I don't down vote, it wastes my time. If  get voted down, I could care less- because it means nothing to me in this stage of the game. I roll how I want, when I want.  Don't let it ruin yours...just be you.

This was answered some what on top of that quote...

I also like to roll the way I want to....its DISCOURAGING though to see down votes on some of my quirky thought processes without nary a back and forth exchange of ideas....

Ignore me...I wont go away..

I just continue to do what I do...

Down vote me though...and I KNOW you aint ignoring me...

DONT insult my intelligence by not responding....

I EXPECT dialogue when someone does not like my ideas...

You have enough energy to read my posts and to down vote it...you have the energy to reply...

YOU HATE MY THOUGHT PROCESSES...IGNORE ME COMPLETELY....I just wont go away though...

("You" as in a general "you"... not "you" as in only DAVE87RS)

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

The voting system was modified in the first place because of a guy who is no longer here. Speaking for myself, I find downvotes a bit annoying but I don't care because when I get them it's usually because I'm right about something that hurts someone's feelings.

No matter what people will take offense to a downvote.. There is the 1% like you Olds who will want to discuss and converse about the topic but the other 99% will see a -1 and bitch and moan regardless. If it bothers those people.. so be it.. I've already said why I downvote 99% of the time. Douche posts. Almost any time I disagree with somebody I just make a post to them and converse. I somebody makes some stupid flamboyant fanboy post like..I'll leave their name(s) out ;) .. Then I give them the -1 and it ruffles their feathers lol. I don't know why..but it does. My -1 is saying "you're a douche" more often than not. 

Call me old school ccap, but I'd rather just tell em that.... :smilewide:  :AH-HA:

lol I'd like to but I feel like that's more likely to result in a reprimand... Plus, it really rustles feathers when they receive a little red -1. ;)

Maybe I'll try your system and see how it works out. lol 

Yeah, true... :scratchchin:

Maybe you should...I used to care about stuff liked getting banned and such, but hey-sometimes ya just got to let it out..... :thumbsup:

Someone almost got it on another site you and I are on, but then I got thirsty.and forgot about it..... :smilewide:

I don't see the utility in an explanation. A down vote reason is obvious usually.

While it is a clear valid point, a better discussion can be had if one is to explain their thinking and who knows, maybe you will want to change from a down to an up vote based on the debate. :P

Both have their point, I just like to better understand why people are thinking the way they do.

My downvote explanations will all be the same though..

"Because you're acting like a douche"

I'm not sure how much discussion that will bring..lol 

I say this with all due respect ccap (because we have talked about this before), but what gives you the right to decide who is "acting like a douche"? What you find as "douchy", some other may see as completely legit. Seems kind of childish in a way and a waste of a legit down vote to me. No offense but that is just my take on it.

So I totally had something written up that made sense..who knows now. Somehow it went away and I'll attempt to recreate it. 

No I understand, man. 

The same right that gives the person to make super flamboyant trolly and douchy posts. They wanted and explanation as to why they they got their little red "-1" and now they got it, right? They got what they wanted, an explanation. There were two people who complained about no explanation and two people who constantly make douchy/trolly posts and only one of those overlaps. One person expressed their displeasure with not getting an explanation to accompany the down vote, one person who makes constant trolly and douchy posts, and one person who does both of those. Well, now they get an explanation from me at least. That's what they wanted. 

In you opinion what makes a down vote legit(not trying to be a smart ass, I'm genuinely curious)?

Also, 

Ricky: “With all due respect, Mr. Dennit, I had no idea you’d gotten experimental surgery to have your balls removed.”

Dennit: “What did you just say to me?”  

Ricky: “What? I said with all due respect!”  

Dennit: “Just because you say that doesn’t mean you get to say whatever you want to say to me!”  

Ricky: “It sure as hell does!”  

Dennit: “No, it doesn’t–”  

Ricky: “It’s in the Geneva Conventions, look it up!” 

That just reminded me of "with all due respect". 

Edited by ccap41