Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Cadillac Sixteen On Top Gear tv show video

9 posts in this topic

I want to have sex with this car... I want to sleep inside it's leather seats every night and caress that V16 every time it gets to operatig temp. If ever there was a car that embodied perfection THIS is it.

The SIXTEEN makes a Mercedes/Maybach, Bentleys & RRs seem like Toyota Camrys. Just looking at this car makes me feel like the first time you kiss a girl, all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

I thought it very ironic that they compared it to Bentley since W.O. Bentley himself in the 1930 that the original V16 Cadillacs were so fabulous that the word "Automobile" seemed inadequate. :wub::D

oh my... having never before seen that concept... im going to have to say... that it took me a good 5 minutes to recover... i was speechless through the whole video... and for a good amount of time afterward... they need to build this... right now... they should be building it as i write this post... that is the most gorgeous car i've ever seen in my life... and if Cadillac can make that... and price it below 150k... bentley and rolls wont have a shot... if they can manage a profit with a price tag under or around 100k... no one looking for a big luxury car will even think about buying something else... this car... is perfect

jry    0

pretty humorous.

i saw this at the (i think 05) naias in detroit. didn't realize that it was a real functioning vehicle, ready for production. what a great car. sadly, 3 bucks plus per gallon gas will just about guarantee that this car will never come down the production line. unless caddy wants to hand build about 50 of these per year.

PurdueGuy    72

pretty humorous.

i saw this at the (i think 05)  naias in detroit. didn't realize that it was a real functioning vehicle, ready for production. what a great car. sadly, 3 bucks plus per gallon gas will just about guarantee that this car will never come down the production line. unless caddy wants to hand build about 50 of these per year.

:huh:

Did you even watch the video? It uses displacement on demand to get 20 mpg. I hardly think that someone who could buy this car will blink at 20 mpg. Though, yeah, 50 per year might be about right! It's not a high volume car - it's a low volume, very high margin car. Well... it would be. and should be. :D

pretty humorous.

i saw this at the (i think 05)  naias in detroit. didn't realize that it was a real functioning vehicle, ready for production. what a great car. sadly, 3 bucks plus per gallon gas will just about guarantee that this car will never come down the production line. unless caddy wants to hand build about 50 of these per year.

LIke Purdue said, the car excedes any other car

in it's class in fuel economy..... RR, Bentleys &

Maybachs do not get 20mpg in the real world

except for when they coast downhill for long

periods of time wiht the key in the off position.

Besides.... if you can afford to ahev THIS car then

gas is NOT a problem. If I could afford a V16

Cadillac I'd galdly buy it even if it got 2 gallons to

the mile. It's the ul;timate car. The kicker is some

Arab Shiek offered GM a huge chunk of change for

the SIXTEEN concept.. like $20,000,000 IIRC and

they turned it down. Keeping that in mind if they do

not build the Sixteen than they're just plain stupid.

That car woudl sell a few hundred units even if it

cost $500,000.

Edited by Sixty8panther

jrockb4    0

Still the most beautiful concept car I have ever seen. They could sell quite a few of them to the video crowd, it would be in every video and movie. LA would be flooded with them, it would be different and stand out in the crowd in any scenario. The wealthy who could care less about fuel prices or who probably make more money when the prices go up, would flock to this car. You just have to make sure it is perfect!!! Build a 12 and 16 cylinder version and put it out. Or at least style your current cars even more like it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this