Foolish Car Spotting

Sorry I couldn't think of a better name, but if anyone has a better title it's certainly editable :)

Anyways, this morning was a good day for old(er) cars. First, a 633CSi, then a Hugger Orange '69 Camaro, and next a early '60s Impala hardtop that was somewhat customized.

I saw something kind of interesting earlier, but I dont remember what it was.

Oh yeah, it was a red SKY parked outside of the Saturn dealership. I had to be someplace so I didn't stop to take a closer look.

Edited by Satty

You know... I saw something today, for the first time, but I can't remember what it was. Doesn't that suck? It was something recently new... Um... Oh! It's coming to me! Here it comes.... here it comes... Wait, no, that's not it... Ooh... still coming! I remember! I saw my first ever Cobalt SS SC! :P The wing doesn't look as big in person. I don't see what people's problem is. Although, I do agree the regular spoiler would look better on it. I'm serious. :D

Also, I saw an Infiniti FX45. Yay.

Guest YellowJacket894

Let's see...There are two cars with windshield banners that I saw today which stand out in my mind.

-A BMW Z3 with a windsheild banner that read: "**COX PATROL**"

-A '67 Chevy Pickup with a windshield banner that read: "Shaggin' Wagon"

Yeah...

Duh du-duhn... I had a very "Chevy" day, yesterday. First, was a C3 Vette, then a 2nd gen Camaro, after that two sweet Cobalt SS's; coupe and sedan, then my first C6 Vette not at a dealership... and on Brookville's Main St.

Finally, I finally got to drive my Grandma's Cobalt. It's nice. It is. Such a big difference between it my GA... it's so sensitive. The high beams would come on when I used the damn turn signal. :P Oh... and it's not a torque-less little thing like the GA, either... :D

While in Indianapolis over the weekend visiting a friend, I saw a silver Bentley Continental Flying Spur parked down-town.

I've seen the new Camry- very ugly and hideous- shows that America will buy anything with the Toyota badge.

New Escalade and Yukon on I-65.

Saw some huge Ford SUV that had black tape on it and no model name at work before I left for my visit.

Longer list than usual:

-2006 MX-5 Miata (dealership)

-2006 MazdaSpeed6 (dealership)

-2007 Camry LE (looks nice in black, hides the ugly grille lines)

-Audi V8

-Lifted white Dodge Ram Van :huh:

-Audi S8

-Hyundai Azera

-CLS55 AMG

-2 or 3 new RAV4s

-Acura NSX

-2 new ISs

-Jag S-Type R

Pretty good day.

Oh, I've seen three NSX's over the past two weeks. Saw a S600 with a V12, black and MEAN driven by an old guy.

A few 07 Camrys here and there, I expect their frequency to grow as I see at least 7-8 truck loads a day driving to Cincinnatti, remember I live close to the Georgetown plant.

Alright... So, first let me tell you vehicles I saw that I did not get pics of.

Neon SRT4 (used car dealership)

Toyota FJ (drove by while looking)

Toyota Rav4 (drove by while looking)

Honda S2000 (used car dealership)

C6 Corvette (at the dealership... by a car I saw for the second time... got pics)

Solstice (first one... at night, didn't get a good glimpse of it)

Grand Prix GXP (second and not at a dealership)

BMW 5er (from a dealership, but not at one)

BMW 3er (at a dealership, but not for sale

Mini Cooper (used car dealership)

Now, for those I don't have pics of either, but got to spend some time inside (thanks for leaving the doors unlocked once again, Brookville and Kelly).

A Lucerne for the second time. Plastics are still no better than before but other than that and cheap radio surround, I really have no complaints about the interior. I wish they'd get it right... it's so simple. The exterior, still cheap and mis-matched. No change there.

A Vibe GT. Actually, it was the first time I'd ever been in one. I love the shifter. Unlike the Aveo I was just in before, which had a clunky-ass-piece-of-$h! of one... I still like the Vibe's interior. I little tweaks here and there and it would still be fresh looking.

A Caliber SXT. First one. The only thing I must say... it's alot smaller than it looks. I thought cars were supposed to be alot bigger than the looked? Weird. Also, it reeked of cheapness. The dash, the door handles... hell, even the rear hatch felt clunky. No me gusta the styling either, as expected.

An Aveo. As I mentioned, the shifter sucked. It was clunky (I must like that word, today) and had no form. I had a hard time finding every gear. Reverse... where was it? By first? Didn't feel like it. Also... I think I'd have to kill myself if I had to live with that interior. Everything felt so flimsy and cheap. I'd rather have my GA's interior.

Now for pics.

A Tahoe. My second. I like it even more with the 20 inchers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A pair of Cobalt SS's. Nothing new, but I felt like taking pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

A G6 coupe. Again, nothing new, but I felt like taking pics since it looked, dare I say, sexy from this angle. I am starting to thing it looks pretty sexy... as long as I don't get up close to it.

Posted Image

A Solstice. My second one in two days. Amazing. Beautiful. Sexy. Although... I still don't like the bubbly headlights, cheap grill, or non-flowing fog/drls.

Posted Image

Posted Image

New Escalade. Second one already. It looks better than I thought, I will admit that. However, it looks too damn happy like the STS... A&S needs to be sharper than this. By the looks of the next CTS... I might be pleased, for once.

Posted Image

A Grand Prix with that special package including ground effects, wheels, and grills. Um... it's not bad, but it'd look alot better in another color. That grill in white... Ugh.

Posted Image

Posted Image

New Yukon. First one. Damn... it looks worse in person. Looks like it belongs in 1995, not 2006.

Posted Image

I've seen 5 HHR's and 4 of them were purple...and I saw 3 Solsti 2 Cobalt ss sc's one 07 Escalade and 2 07 Tahoe's! That's alot of new cars in little ole Wyoming...and...just for entertainment sake...I saw a 90's pink Kia Sportage that was lowered and had a HUGE wing mounted on the roof and a pink light kit! ha ha...Oh ya...I think I may have seen just about every SV6 sold and probably about 1/3 of all the Relay's sold...CSV's are very popular on our Indian Reservations...

Edited by PONTIAC06

i saw something today and i almost had to pull over to regain my composure bcuz i started laffin so hard... a toyota prius... now at first i saw green flames... which made me laugh enough... but when it got closer i just died... apparently the prius is soooo eco-friendly that even flames painted on it become leaves... oh man it was the funniest thing ive seen in a while

on a serious note... ive seen ALOT of C6s lately... 7 or so in the past 3 days... at least 20 since last week... they look so damn good in black...

I just realized the fogs really hurt the Solstice front end along with that el cheapo grille like you talked about bv

my car spottings are usually extremely versatile, except not so much on the domestic side.

However, today alone I saw a

new red Z06...smokin hot

Ford GT

plenty of Ferraris

Escalade on the road

S-classes are everywhere now, and they look hot

Camrys are starting to show up everywhere too

Tahoes are showing up more often

This morning I was over in Moorhead, MN...just across the river from Fargo....and the Moorhead police just got a new SSR.....looks REALLY sharp....funny thing though is that on the back it had an ad for the the dealer over here in Fargo that they got it from.....there was one on each back wheel well.

speaking of the yukon, i agree, the space between the grille and the headlights looks funky as hell, plus i think GMC needs a logo rather than just a GMC badge.

Huh, can we say "awkward and ponderous"?

Anyway, the highlight of my day was a dark blue mint Audi RS6. 8)

Also, another 2007 Camry. This one was a silver SE with tinted windows. The body kit looks better in person. Still tacked on but better.