Foolish Car Spotting

I got to mellow out in another Lucerne. This time a CXS. Alright, it's not that bad of car other than the styling. I can get quite comfy inside it. It's a mellow place.

Also, looked over that Solstice again. I want one. No, not moreso than a sexy deep purple Sky Redline, though. Maybe... if the front fascia weren't so botched... and the rear fascia weren't so damn high (as in visually because of the design, not literally)... and the details were better executed (like that top... so wrinkly)... and the GXP weren't so plain... and if the overall design was more aggressive............

Funny story. I thought I saw a Deville yesterday, but it didn't look quite right, so I kept staring at it trying to figure out what looked "off" about it. Then I passed it and realized it was an STS. Thats how slow those t hings sell, I cant even identify one on the highway from 500 yards.

sts' is actually a decent seller here, though it's most always driven by an older [like 60's] person. an injection of style will help it. hopefully it gets a front clip even better looking and more aggressive than what we were treated to on 60 minutes, it needs at least that.

Speaking of Caddy's I've been seeing Escalades everywhere here. I'm tired of the rear clip already though, well not exactly tired, but I am sad at GM's lack of imagination. The 3 year old Rover is so much more imaginative and techy looking than the new Esclade--which looks like they redid the old old Suburaban/Tahoe/Denali/Escalade look from the late 90's. Seriously, I'll do an article about it soon.

Another new S-Class...with a spare wheel on.

Quite a few Auroras -- new and old.

And apparently somebody traded in a newer Jaguar S-Type for some Hyundai as one was sitting in a Hyundai lot...as was a new Raider.

Damn, I always forget something.

I saw an Allante, too.

We have an '07 Avalanche and we have an '07 Suburban. Both are sweet. I looked inside the Avalanche this evening and it is a stunner. The exterior is buttoned-down and well-tailored. Very business-like.

Some retard actually bought a Terminator T3 Edition Tundra. And it had Texas plates.

No wonder why he's here and not in Texas. I'd be sick of getting my ass kicked, too.

Saw one running around my neighborhood about 2 weeks ago.

Saw that white Triumph TR7 again this morning, he must live somewhere close to my apartment.

saw a 76 caddy eldorado raised on 20 inch 1000 spoke gold daytons wit curb feelers.

Saw another Sky.

saw a dual exhaust Solstice with manufactor plates painted in silver.

I saw a freakin Saturn Sky! I saw a freakin Saturn Sky.

Could be some mag testing it. But it was on the road on the 405 in the middle of heavy traffic.

I also have been seeing LOTS of GTOs, in fact, it's the Pontiac I most consistently see on a daily basis. Thinking of writing an article about it..

after never seeing an FJ Cruiser in person... I saw 5 today... each in a different color...

I wonder if Toyota is paying people to drive them around the trendy areas to increase visibility....

I've seen three so far. One on I-75, one here in Lexington, and one last week at Thunder Over Louisville.

Saw a black Solstice last night, GOD its so HAWT!

SAAB SportCombi. Silver. Distinctive. Kinda cool. Bermuda Blue new Tahoe on our lot. Spring Edition HHR and two Spring Edition Aveos. Spunky.

There should have been a Spring Edition Colorado, with some kind of chrome wheels, special paint color and upholstery.

Saw a new Camry today. Looked much better than it does in the press pics.

It does look a lot better in RL than in photos, I must say. Though I happened to peak inside of an XLE, or whatever the base model is, that was parked next to my car the other day. The green in the center stack is still ugly to me.

Has your vision recovered, bobo?  I mean...a base Raider has to really hurt the peepers.

The only real assault on the eyes from the Raider is the design of the taillights. Mitsubishi seems enamored with the fake LED look.

Someone here put it perfectly when describing the new Camry... it looks like it has a stuffy nose. So does the Yaris, but I still think it's a cute pup, especially the hatch.

I knew this would happen (mainly because it was I who recommended she trade her Echo for it). My mom has a rather intense dislike for her Cobalt. She says it's too hard to get in and out of, and she's had like 4 sets of interior door trim panels put on because the cloth around the pull pocket comes loose from the flexing of the panel. Hopefully that's fixed now with a redesign from GM.

She says she wants an HHR, but I really think they're too expensive for her (no one has a base model on the lot). I might take her to test-sit a base Yaris sedan. Local dealer had a Light Olive/tan&black one with power package and automatic for a very reasonable sticker price, and it's got an attractive interior. Remember, she wasn't phased by the center gauges on her Echo.

Reason I put this here, is because when I go lot cruising/car spotting on Saturday evenings and Sundays, I look for myself and for her on occasion.

New Civic DX coupe on the dealer lot. Big black plastic filler rectangle where the RADIO should be. WTF? A 2006 car with no radio? Imagine if GM were so utterly cheap. Unthinkable. <_<

I wonder why Chevy didn't facelift the Aveo hatch similar to the sedan... unless they have something else in store for that model... I really hope they don't discontinue it.