The Audi-like grille surround wasn't featured on earlier renderings if I remember correctly.

I don't know what renderings you saw, but the several I got only featured the interior and rear. If you saw anything else please PM me and let me know.

When are we supossed to se the NG CTS?? My08 which could mean an early CY07 launch!!! I mean the tahoe was out the first two weeks in january 06 as an 07 model. Maybe with the new G35 and lexus trying to get in the NG Cts will be here before we know it!!!! hopefully after seeing these pics. praying for an early 07 launch will trade in my 04

It looks phenominal, though IMO the front end is this close to being overwrought. Overall, I love what I see. The interior looks to be miles ahead of any other Caddy, the Escalade included. Hopefully materials will be of a quality consistent of it's competition.

One question on the interior - Where would they put the nav screen?:

Posted Image

-RBB

It looks phenominal, though IMO the front end is this close to being overwrought.  Overall, I love what I see.  The interior looks to be miles ahead of any other Caddy, the Escalade included.  Hopefully materials will be of a quality consistent of it's competition.

One question on the interior - Where would they put the nav screen?:

Posted Image

-RBB

I am wondering if they are going to go with a pop up unit or begin to replace nav with the new Onstar Turn by Turn.

Does anyone think the vehicle looks huge?  I mean.. I know the CTS is not a small car.. but I think they actually made it larger.  Don't ask me how I can tell.. it just looks bigger.

That's what I thought, too. It looks to be about as wide as the Chrysler 300.

While I'm not really the biggest fan of the "Art & Science" thing, this new model is exciting for what it is. And that's good enough for me!

I take back my comments on the other thread about the BLS-inspired interior.

Edit: The HVAC vents cut into that part of the dash look cheap to me. Other than that nitpick, the rest looks pretty good.

Edited by sciguy_0504

The CTS being my favorite car, I was afraid they'd bungle the next gen incarnation and make it soft like the Escalade. It appears my fears were unwarranted. That's all I think I need to say about that.

On another note, what if those interior shots are of the interior of the STS refresh we've seen driving around? It's possible the interior was completely redone to match that of the CTS, SRX, and Escalade, especially since (to my knowledge) we haven't seen any interior shots. The seats are nearly a dead giveaway that it's probably going to be the CTS's, but here's hoping.

:pbjtime::idhitit::CG_all::ohyeah::thumbsup: and so forth.

This is the best I can come up with in a short time.... I think it can be pritty acurate.

Posted Image

I haven't seen the renderings that have been mentioned but I think you got it 99%. The badge and the lower right corner seem a little out of perspective but GREAT JOB!!! :pbjtime:

Agreed! I can't wait to dump my '04. I hope the quality is much better this time around.

We'll I can say that my 05 CTS I got for the wife is awesome. Being a full loaded CTS it has been great. No problems so far for 12 months and 20K miles driven. :) Course I am very excited by what I see here for the new CTS. This should just continue to help drive and cemet Caddilac as the best luxury auto group.

Looks HOT!!! ... I see Imaj and Sixteen influences all around. Here's to hoping that this will be the production or at least clost to it as they possibly can. Another thing.. is the price on the NG CTS supposed to go up/down?

On another note, what if those interior shots are of the interior of the STS refresh we've seen driving around? It's possible the interior was completely redone to match that of the CTS, SRX, and Escalade, especially since (to my knowledge) we haven't seen any interior shots. The seats are nearly a dead giveaway that it's probably going to be the CTS's, but here's hoping.

Firstly, it is the NG CTS. I can confirm that. Secondly, that is the Euro spec STS we've seen. STS isn't getting refreshed any time soon to my knowledge...it just debuted as a 2005 model! The only reason the SRX gets the 2007 freshening is because its NG program was pushed back to MY2009 while the CTS is still on target for MY2008.

It's interesting that Lutz wanted to go back in that direction.

I know he didn't like the A&S designs that the Cadillacs were taking on. He wanted elegant, flowing designs.. that's why we got the Sixteen concept.

Though, I think he probably started to realize that the sharp angles were actually getting customers in the showroom. So he made a compromise.

Well.. that's what it looks like.

STS isn't getting refreshed any time soon to my knowledge...it just debuted as a 2005 model!  The only reason the SRX gets the 2007 freshening is because its NG program was pushed back to MY2009 while the CTS is still on target for MY2008.

Um... Malibu was released as a 2004 model and got a rather big refresh in 2006. So 2005 -> 2007, 2 years, not so surprising. Especially when two models get confused on looks, it probably needs it.

With THIS CTS around, the current STS does look a bit dull.

Um... Malibu was released as a 2004 model and got a rather big refresh in 2006. So 2005 -> 2007, 2 years, not so surprising. Especially when two models get confused on looks, it probably needs it.

The Malibu was panned for being ugly. The STS wasn't. There was/is no need for an "emergency" refresh. If the STS were to be refreshed, it would likely occur for 2008 or 2009 with a NG STS bowing in 2010 or 2011.

Big refresh? It got a new grille and a new available engine. It got larger optional wheels. I don't really call that a big refresh. The Impala, now THAT was a big refresh.

Big refresh?  It got a new grille and a new available engine.  It got larger optional wheels.  I don't really call that a big refresh.  The Impala, now THAT was a big refresh.

That's a redesign on the same platform. Virtually shared no parts.

I guess it's a vocab problem here...

Perhaps we need to define refresh and redesign. A refresh would be a small change like the 05 Malibu got, basically a new front end. A redesign would be what the 2006 Impala got, some new mechanicals along with a completely new interior and exterior. A refresh would be considered a midcycle enhancement, MCE in that the platform is not enhanced or re-worked whereas a redesign is much more thorough and costly.

We'll I can say that my 05 CTS I got for the wife is awesome.  Being a full loaded CTS it has been great.  No problems so far for 12 months and 20K miles driven. :)  Course I am very excited by what I see here for the new CTS.  This should just continue to help drive and cemet Caddilac as the best luxury auto group.

Well, I'm not saying that its a bad car. Its just so noisy. Squeaks and rattles at 20k. Maybe the rear differential is messed up too... another trip to my lousy Cadillac dealership. The new interior is much more Saabish than the current CTS. The headrests are right out of the 9-5. I'm not sure i like the new dash at all. The instrument panel looks gimmicky and cheap. I hate that circular protruding instrumentation look. Also, where is the NAV system??????

I finally got to see the show in Portuguese TV yesterday. There are 2 different interiors in there. The one pictured in this thread and identified as the next-generation CTS, and one that appears to have wood on the passenger's side. This other interior appears between 0:50 and 0:55 in the preview mp4 file.

Could that be the new SRX (hopefully shared with the '08 refreshed STS) interior?

Well, I'm not saying that its a bad car. Its just so noisy. Squeaks and rattles at 20k. Maybe the rear differential is messed up too... another trip to my lousy Cadillac dealership. The new interior is much more Saabish than the current CTS. The headrests are right out of the 9-5. I'm not sure i like the new dash at all. The instrument panel looks gimmicky and cheap. I hate that circular protruding instrumentation look. Also, where is the NAV system??????

Hmm... maybe you just got a bum one. 33k miles and none of those problems. I did hear about the rear differential issue on some '03s and '04s. Are there no other Caddy dealers in your area? Mine is great and they make sure I'm happy before I leave.

• 1 month later...

Hmm... maybe you just got a bum one.  33k miles and none of those problems.  I did hear about the rear differential issue on some '03s and '04s.  Are there no other Caddy dealers in your area?  Mine is great and they make sure I'm happy before I leave.

just to be sure, how would i know if there were rear differential issues on an 03/04 CTS?