I'm going to piss everyone off...

Flybrian

I filled up my Crapalier for $2.39 a gallon on Tuesday night. I've used 1/4 of a tank, all city driving. Should do me until late next week. Gas actually dropped 20 cents today. Went from 3.09 everywhere to 2.89 everywhere for 87 octane. Maybe the KY state governor threatening to fine every station $5,000 per customer for price gouging had something to do with it.

I filled up my Crapalier for $2.39 a gallon on Tuesday night.  I've used 1/4 of a tank, all city driving.  Should do me until late next week.

Gas actually dropped 20 cents today.  Went from 3.09 everywhere to 2.89 everywhere for 87 octane.  Maybe the KY state governor threatening to fine every station $5,000 per customer for price gouging had something to do with it.

[post="8695"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Louisville is still hovering at $3.00/gal but two Thortons had it for $2.85. I filled up on Tues so I am ok.

Where in KY are you at?

$2.85 in Oceanside, CA.

Usually, San Diego County has the highest gas prices in the nation.

I'd say that I feel sorry for you guys elsewhere but you never feel sorry for California's gas prices.

Suck it up.

[post="8751"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Blame your Air Resources Board partially for that...

Prices are falling in Michigan from $3.29 a gallon to $2.99. Truthfully, the pumps have been empty these last few days and I personally think that's the reason for the price drop.

$2.85 in Oceanside, CA.

Usually, San Diego County has the highest gas prices in the nation.

I'd say that I feel sorry for you guys elsewhere but you never feel sorry for California's gas prices.

Suck it up.

[post="8751"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I saw $3.10, for 87, at a Valero around the Sea World exit off the 5 (not the nicer areas in San Diego), $3.40, for 91, at a Mobil outside the UCSD campus! I hate La Jolla and all its inflated prices!

Prices are falling in Michigan from $3.29 a gallon to $2.99. Truthfully, the pumps have been empty these last few days and I personally think that's the reason for the price drop.

[post="8801"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's bullshit. I guarantee not one of these chaps were out of gas, they just magically weren't out of 89 and 93. How could they be completely out of gas in 2 days? Please.

Let's see... 1 U.S gallon is equal to 3.79 Litres. $1 CDN. is equal to 84 cents US. The current cost of regular gasoline at the local gas station is $1.33/litre. 1.33 multiplied by 3.79= 5.04. Therefore, regular gas costs $5.04 CDN./gallon here, or $4.24 US/gallon.

I saw $3.10, for 87, at a Valero around the Sea World exit off the 5 (not the nicer areas in San Diego), $3.40, for 91, at a Mobil outside the UCSD campus!  I hate La Jolla and all its inflated prices!

[post="8811"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I went to school at UCSD and never bought gas in La Jolla. Its always better to buy it right off of the freeway in places, like Oceanside, Escondido, or downtown San Diego.

Someone mentioned the air quality resources board had something to do with raising gas prices. I think its the oil companies. They do not need to make 3 grades of gasoline. 87 and 92 would be enought and cut down on their manufacturing costs by eliminating one of the products.

I went to school at UCSD and never bought gas in La Jolla. Its always better to buy it right off of the freeway in places, like Oceanside, Escondido, or downtown San Diego.

Someone mentioned the air quality resources board had something to do with raising gas prices. I think its the oil companies. They do not need to make 3 grades of gasoline. 87 and 92 would be enought and cut down on their manufacturing costs by eliminating one of the products.

[post="8897"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Most of the 'midgrage' gas is just a mixture of the high and low octane. In which case they only have 2 products.

[post="8897"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yeah... I try to never use any gas station in or near La Jolla. I will either fill up in LA County or go to the Costco in San Diego which usually has prices closer to those in LA.

That's bullshit. I guarantee not one of these chaps were out of gas, they just magically weren't out of 89 and 93. How could they be completely out of gas in 2 days? Please.

[post="8840"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

In my area, Josh would be right. Our local BP and Mobil were both low on 87..
I don't want to guess why though...

Josh, a few stations around here battled around here...it got as low as 2.79...
but then you would have to drove to the westside to get it... :P

I live in a town of about 13000, we have like 8 gas stations and no two have the same price.. One is still at $3.29 and one is as low as $2.88. I was driving earlier when I saw that and though to myself, "$2.88? Gas is cheap again, I can get on the throttle more." Seriously, thats what went through my head. Another gas related note, the people who work at my local gas stations seem to be getting much more attractive. Seriously, there are a couple of gas stations that have pretty hot women working there.

lets see i pulled in to the gas station on E and payed 3.00 a gallon and my bill was $69.00 yes $69.00 for my Caprice thats pathitic that we pay so much for somthing when a 120 years a go it was trown out cuz it was a by product to make kerosene. im gonna start digging in my back yard today see if i stirke gold or even better BLACK GOLD! I have to work a day just to pay for my gas! Edited by capriceman

I was driving earlier when I saw that and though to myself, "$2.88?  Gas is cheap again, I can get on the throttle more."  Seriously, thats what went through my head. 

[post="9132"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I find it amusing how people around here only seem to obey the speed limit when gas prices spike up again. :D

I find it amusing how people around here only seem to obey the speed limit when gas prices spike up again. :D

[post="9281"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

when gas was 1.50 i think a never even thought id pay 3.00-4.00 but now when i see 2.70 or sumting im like yeah i can afford to drive fast. but when i need to fill up its like it alwasys spikes to a new record high then a hour later its back down again.

im convinced that it will never go below 2.30? a gallon again

Guest YellowJacket894
$2.90 ($2.89 and 9/10th) a gallon. I think that we will see prices at about $2.19 a gallon soon. If things keep up and our economy starts to take a nose dive, there will be a ban on state tax on gasoline and price caps. Not to mention fines for poking the prices for more profit. Edited by anorexorcist

$2.71 for 87 in Bremerton... As I was out at SeaTac last night, I did notice some as high as $2.98 for 87, though the average being close to $2.85 for 87. As for the 76 selling the $2.71, the owner told me that he's trying to get it further down as soon as possible, hoping to hit the $2.60 mark this week sometime.

Stop complaining about $2.75 gas prices. I'm paying $3.39 for Regular and have seen it well over $3.50 in spots. Honestly, some of the prices you guys are moaning over were routine business around here long before Katrina hit.

Here's a scary thought: I just calculated out what it will cost to fill up my 18-gallon Lumina if gas prices got ep to $4.00/gal...$72 bucks! Or if I payed that outragous $6.87 price they had in Atlanta not too long ago....$123.66! If gas prices ever get that high, I'm buying a Huffy.