NYIAS: GM Debuts new FWD 6-Speed Auto

As much as a want the Lucerne & DTS to get this 6sp auto, I fear we're both set up for disappointment.

Arg. That's just absurd if they really don't put the 6A in those cars.

The STS already has an available 6-speed auto. As capacity increases you'll see it become more widely available.

It's only available on the V-series.

Cadillac absolutely needs to replace the 4-speed unit in the DTS.  It is just not right that Cadillac still sells a car with only a 4-speed unit.

I think Cadillac needs to replace the DTS completely. I dont think the cars target buyer cares there is only a 4 speed.

ooo same size as the 4 spd huh? i wonder if i could put one in my monte... hmm with a 6 to 8 percent power increase... 254-259 horse... fuel economy would only go up like an extra mile a gallon tho... but thats pretty sweet... definitely something to consider...

I think Cadillac needs to replace the DTS completely. I dont think the cars target buyer cares there is only a 4 speed.

The DTS is one of Caddys best looking vehicles and I see them all over the roads. Why replace it and make every Cadillac the same rear drive BMW clone like the STS, CTS etc. It's nice to have a larger sized vehicle with a traditional interior, chrome trim and some flash for a change. This way if you want a cheaper BMW type vehicle then get and STS. If you want a nice traditional Caddy then get a Deville.

The DTS is one of Caddys best looking vehicles and I see them all over the roads. Why replace it and make every Cadillac the same rear drive BMW clone like the STS, CTS etc. It's nice to have a larger sized vehicle with a traditional interior, chrome trim and some flash for a change. This way if you want a cheaper BMW type vehicle then get and STS. If you want a nice traditional Caddy then get a Deville.

Well in my eyes it hurts Cadillacs image, and I think it is the worst looking Cadillac. It brings up Cadillacs average buyer age. So if it's rear drive, it's a BMW clone. So if it's front drive that would make it what? Camry clone? Aveo clone? It certainly isn't the standard of anything, let alone the world.

Well in my eyes it hurts Cadillacs image, and I think it is the worst looking Cadillac. It brings up Cadillacs average buyer age. So if it's rear drive, it's a BMW clone. So if it's front drive that would make it what? Camry clone? Aveo clone? It certainly isn't the standard of anything, let alone the world.

I'd rather see a modern RWD sedan, something to compete in the big leagues with the LS/S-Class/7-series/etc, but the reality is that the DTS is their link to the past..to keep the loyal retiree demographic at GM...if they don't have it, are they are going to go buy.... Town Cars?

Edited by moltar

I'd rather see a modern RWD sedan, something to compete in the big leagues with the LS/S-Class/7-series/etc, but the reality is that the DTS is their link to the past..to keep the loyal retiree demographic at GM...if they don't have it, are they are going to go buy.... Town Cars?

I agree. But even the Town Car is going away. So what will they buy, STS's? Or would they start buying Lexus because there are no more Devilles?

2 words: Buick Lucerne

It's basically the same car, and better looking anyway :P