Jump to content

Your New Motorsports Moderator


Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • 10 years later...
On 3/9/2021 at 9:17 AM, A Horse With No Name said:

Mr Bond seems to have left the building. 

There have been so many different Mr. Bonds:  Niven, Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, Craig ...

Did I miss one?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

There have been so many different Mr. Bonds:  Niven, Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, Craig ...

Did I miss one?

The original was Barry Nelson in a 1954 tv adaptation of Casino Royale. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

The original was Barry Nelson in a 1954 tv adaptation of Casino Royale. 

Woohoo - I did good, then.  Got it - in a TV adaptation.  So I got the ones on the movie theater screen correct, and possibly even in the right order.

Since I've never read Ian Fleming, what did the James Bond persona look like, if described in his novels, and which person playing him best approximates Ian Fleming's intent? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Woohoo - I did good, then.  Got it - in a TV adaptation.  So I got the ones on the movie theater screen correct, and possibly even in the right order.

Since I've never read Ian Fleming, what did the James Bond persona look like, if described in his novels, and which person playing him best approximates Ian Fleming's intent? 

I’ve read that early Connery closely resembled the Fleming character persona.  I’ve never read the Fleming novels, but have read ones by various authors since the late 80s.  Bond has had some interesting cars in the later novels, incl an ‘80s Bentley Turbo R and a Saab 900 Turbo.   
 

the 1954 version is on You Tube, I’ve watched it.  Peter Lorre is the Le Chiffre character, and Jimmy not James Bond is an American. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Robert Hall Probably so, since the "franchise," as they now call series, was obviously going to pick up some critical mass.

Which leads me to the random thought that Mercury should have considered using Miss Moneypenny as their spokesperson in their Cougar commercials.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2021 at 11:03 AM, trinacriabob said:

There have been so many different Mr. Bonds:  Niven, Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, Craig ...

Did I miss one?

Actually they are all the same dude, shpe shifting ninja with multiple personalities...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

So some believe James Bond is only a code name given to that agent, as such, a future James Bond could be Black or Asian.

🤔

So then if they go with a Woman, does the name get changed to Jamie Bond????????????

😛

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, David said:

So some believe James Bond is only a code name given to that agent, as such, a future James Bond could be Black or Asian.

🤔

So then if they go with a Woman, does the name get changed to Jamie Bond????????????

😛

Hate to say this but a simple surgury answered your question. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...