2012 Buick Verano Official Release

Drew Dowdell

^ Noted. Of course, with the doors closed, it's not a BD either way. Unfortunately, the increasingly steep angles on windshields is forcing them forward, and aerodynamic benchmarks are resulting in compromises like these. They really do zero towards visibility, unless looking at curbing is your hobby. Expect more of this down the road.

Looking at a '62 Special's dash and its intrusion into passenger space makes you wonder.

?

Not sure how that relates to a contemporary cab forward FWD design. Different time and place..the '62 Special was a RWD compact w/ a relatively upright windshield and conventional proportions for the time. Had a very basic interior w/ bench seats and no console or center stack. Just a lot of empty space..

61044_Interior_Web.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

room = bad :angry::P

I believe the comparison is how small the dash is. Either way- it's useless space- enlarging it to the max adds nothing to the interior, it's a byproduct of aerodynamic requirements.

I am also thinking that these 'ventless vents' are another way to add roof crush reinforcement- another aspect of design now dictated by law.

Thanks for the photo, Moltie. I can blow the horn, steer the car, use the turn signals, select a gear, control the climate, turn on the windshield wipers and washers, operate the lights, listen to the radio, store my gloves, and check my speed and fuel level, all from that tiny sweep of metal, vinyl and plastic. Pretty much everything I can do from the same spot in a 2010 Verano, only in like 80% less space.

• Agree 1

Thanks for the photo, Moltie. I can blow the horn, steer the car, use the turn signals, select a gear, control the climate, turn on the windshield wipers and washers, operate the lights, listen to the radio, store my gloves, and check my speed and fuel level, all from that tiny sweep of metal, vinyl and plastic. Pretty much everything I can do from the same spot in a 2010 Verano, only in like 80% less space.

But the 2010 car would have a lot more content--(more than am radio plus A/C, etc) and comfortable, adjustable seats rather than a blah bench..

What amazes me about the '62 Buick is just how basic and plain it is...looks as stripped down as a Chevy II.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

• 1 month later...

To me this car is a great suprise. It looks so much better in person than I ever could have expected. I really hope people take to it.

Even the evil Asian chrome brows in the back look good.

Edited by hyperv6

To me this car is a great suprise. It looks so much better in person than I ever could have expected. I really hope people take to it.

Agreed, you have to see the car in person.

I still don't know how I feel about the chrome brows on the trunk

chinese-disguise-chinese-racist-glasses-pee-pee-pee-peepee-c-demotivational-poster-1221502754-400x355.jpg

This is too funny.

I find it a little disturbing as the guy in the picture looks like a Buick rear end.

Autoweeks Bodydouble

buicktwin.jpg

buickverano.jpg