Sign in to follow this  
mjdecker

My take on the G6 GXP - Update 2

19 posts in this topic

Could use some more aggessive wheels but I'm trying to go for the simple but aggessive look.

Posted Image

*Update 1*

Posted Image

*Update 2*

Posted Image

Edited by Decka

Looks good. How about squaring off teh grill a little more (like the real thing but not so damn big). Also, I don't know how good you are at spoilers, but a very subtle one would look good, IMO. Nothing gigantic like the real thing, but something very small.

Fixed the hood so it wasn't so blobby... I tried toying with some spoilers but I feel this is one of the rare GM vehicles that I think looks best without one. I'll give another shot at some spoiler and tweek the grill a bit as much as I love what the orginal G6 concept had.. Maybe somthing in the lines of a cross between the two GXP concepts.

what does everyone have against ram air???? subtle spoiler and ram air make this perfect...

what does everyone have against ram air???? subtle spoiler and ram air make this perfect...

I have nothing against ram air (Hell I have a SS hood on my Achieva that's completely non fucntional) but I thought what they had was too much (far worse than the Grand Am SCT, I think that looked good and the design flowed). something that flows well with the grill is something this could maybe use.. but first I'm going to to come up with a decent gill (as much as I'd like to stick with what I have currently).

oh alright... so long as you do have plans for ram air in the future... then im happy... haha

Posted Image

I'm trying to figure out some spoiler styles that will work but not be too extreme.. I'm a bit fan of lip spoilers but I dont' see one really flowing with the body lines. Maybe something simular to what the Last Gen Trans am had?

I hate the rear, but the rest looks good. I've always hated the sloping rear of the coupe.

That's actually what made me love it. rear visabilty probably sucks.. but I love it.

Anyway.. how's this spoiler? :P

Posted Image

Joking asside I'm still trying to get on that works.. Stay tuned.

yes!!! ram air!!! :wub:

i dont know... i have a thing for it... haha... anyway... im kina seeing what you mean... a spoiler might be hard to pull of with the lines of the rear and such... but im sure if theres any way to do it... once its done it will lok amazing

oh and that one you just posted is hilarious... they should make it the GRP (r for rice... :duh: ) and downgrade to an I4 just for the ricers!!! hahaha not to mention a 1 foot exhaust pipe that way they can make it hum louder and trick themselves into thinking thats what a v8 sounds like... :lol::rolleyes:

Posted Image

I wasn't feeling the updated grill as much so I went back to the G6 concept/Solstice style. Added a Trans Am style spoiler and Rims from the Orignal GXP concepts & production Bonneville GXP

Posted Image

I wasn't feeling the updated grill as much so I went back to the G6 concept/Solstice style.  Added a Trans Am style spoiler and Rims from the Orignal GXP concepts & production Bonneville GXP

just a thought... but can someone stretch that chrome grill to the bottom of the bumper? similar to the 30's style vehicles?

Hmm... Decka, keep toying with the grill. I don't like any of them. Also, maybe you should try looking a regular G6 from that angle... something doesn't look right with your rear end. The spoilerless one looks super droopy. I don't like that spoiler you did try, though. :P Otherwise... I love the headlights and the original GXP wheels. Also, keep the Ram Air. :D

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this