Something really gone wrong...

Personally, I'd take issue with the prominently displayed Toyota-key, but hey, that's just me...

GM'S GOT THE WORST MARKETING & ADVERTISING

IN THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE HISTORY

I'm only hoping that things such as this -- and the "Chevy Tahoe - build your own commercial to rip the #@*&$%# out of us in our own promotion" debacle will force GM to address this BS once and for all.

Who in the world in responsible for Pontiac pictures? First the GXP coupe problem and now this? Makes you wonder if the Pontiac PR guys are working for some other company on the side?

This is ridiculous.

Now about that tacky key holder... would Toyota sell something so... cheesy looking? Quite frankly this kind of thing is part of the perception thing with GM. I realize that you need to sell branded merchandise - but this? Come on - there has to be more creative less low class items they could sell.

GM - don't just remove the picture - remove the product.

I am going to order one, and ask where my Toyota key is.

You should be going to Tim Hortons for that :lol: They switched from GMC Envoys to Toyota RAV4s

Oh BTW, the pic is still there. And I found some other sellers on eBay selling the same thing, with different badges. I've seen one for Chrysler.

Edited by ToniCipriani

At least spell it right if you're going to name me it. Furthermore, it's an official liscensed product from the General complete with copyright on the lower right of the page.

So you're talling me I can slap a Toyota logo on this page but say "damn, some outside guy made it" and it won't be my fault, right?

So you're talling me I can slap a Toyota logo on this page but say "damn, some outside guy made it" and it won't be my fault, right?

Basically, yes.

BTW, you shouldn't criticize his spelling. People in glass houses and all...

I was also not insulting him and calling him names. Naturally, if somebody gets it wrong when trying to make me look stupid, I'll point out their own inaccuracies.

Who in the world in responsible for Pontiac pictures?  First the GXP coupe problem and now this?  Makes you wonder if the Pontiac PR guys are working for some other company on the side?

This is ridiculous.

Now about that tacky key holder... would Toyota sell something so... cheesy looking?  Quite frankly this kind of thing is part of the perception thing with GM.  I realize that you need to sell branded merchandise - but this?  Come on - there has to be more creative less low class items they could sell.

That's a fairly old Toyota key, too. It looks like the one my dad's 1992 Camry had. Shouldn't the arrowhead be red, too? It looks so bland there.

That's a fairly old Toyota key, too.  It looks like the one my dad's 1992 Camry had.  Shouldn't the arrowhead be red, too?  It looks so bland there.

yeah i had a key like that one for my 95 Camry...although the one I used was a LOT bigger. Why does Toyota use suge giant keys? I have a normal sized key now and it feel like a diary key comparitively.

Seirously though, it's just a mistake, give it a rest. Like no one ever made a mistake before. OR MAYBE ponatiac is comfortable knowing that people drive things other than pontiac, which shows a lot more confidence in the company than most of the people here show in GM

Edited by lauren

WTF!?!?!? SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE FIRED OVER THIS!!!

Who in the world in responsible for Pontiac pictures?  First the GXP coupe problem and now this?  Makes you wonder if the Pontiac PR guys are working for some other company on the side?

This is ridiculous.

Now about that tacky key holder... would Toyota sell something so... cheesy looking?  Quite frankly this kind of thing is part of the perception thing with GM.  I realize that you need to sell branded merchandise - but this?  Come on - there has to be more creative less low class items they could sell.

You know... they should probably outsource the Pontiac PR to us. We seem to do an even better job marketing GM's products they their inhouse people.

You know... they should probably outsource the Pontiac PR to us. We seem to do an even better job marketing GM's products they their inhouse people.

Looks like they did! The stupid thing is now gone from their website, check out the link again. All I can say is "what were they thinking"? :duh: