Interactive Review: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Interactive Review:

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

post-51-0-23457600-1300396124.png

It's been a stressful couple of weeks for me at work. Thoughtful Cadillac was kind enough to send me 556 horsepower of stress relief. Thus begins our interactive review of the 2011 Cadillac CTS-V coupe. We recently had the 300hp Cadillac CTS Coupe in for a review, You can check out the Interactive Review: CTS Coupe and the Full Review: CTS Coupe to get you started.

Media Gallery: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Why not motor down here to central Jersey with it. I'll buy a tankful of premium if I can press the 'burn' pedal for half of that tank.

I rolled thru the local Cadillac dealer's back lot with my son- expressly to show him the silver CTS-V coupe in the back.

He was quite awestruck by it- even mentioned it again a few days later.

Killer design.Not sure why everyone feels the need to crouch down to shoot it-

the car is quite low in today's world of pregnant cow sedans; low-angle shots diffuse that.

Just my 2 cents...

Love the colour and the fact that it is a manual. Can you see out of it, though?

You must be new. C&G determined long ago that you can't see out the back or sides or really even the front so you will in fact run over grandma. EVERY. TIME. YOU. DRIVE.

Killer design.Not sure why everyone feels the need to crouch down to shoot it-

the car is quite low in today's world of pregnant cow sedans; low-angle shots diffuse that.

Just my 2 cents...

Because shooting from standing level has all of the style and pizazz of a dealer classified. ;)

How's the acceleration? from a stop? 30-70? up hills? handling? How does it hang when drifting through reducing radius corners? Brakes? Cupholders? Seat adjustability? Steering feel?

That's one car I'd love to drive...would even look past the huge butt and tiny windows...the smooth, twisting backroads of Eastern Ohio (in Tuscarawas, Holmes, Coshocton, and Carroll Counties in particular) would be a perfect playground for it..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

You must be new. C&G determined long ago that you can't see out the back or sides or really even the front so you will in fact run over grandma. EVERY. TIME. YOU. DRIVE.

If I run over grandma every time I drive... Grandma is having trouble learning to stay away from the car, isn't she? :roflmao:

Edited by ZL-1

The car is Awesome, the Caddy dealership by me has 3 in stock, a traditional black, a Ice Black or Metalic Black and the red. They are all listed at 75 to 80K, so if this one is only 70K, then it must have no options.

Regardless of price, the auto is freakin amazing. :smilies-38096:

I want to ask a question, but frankly what can I think of when I think so damn highly of the car already. I guess the obvious: Does it feel more powerful than Albert's CRV? ;)

Is there any aspect of the car, however trivial, that you don't like?

If you wanted one before, does driving it now make you want to have one even more?

The only thing I'd like to see is maybe if you can get someone in the back seat to film the interior while you're driving it (at a safe, respectable speed of course).

The car is Awesome, the Caddy dealership by me has 3 in stock, a traditional black, a Ice Black or Metalic Black and the red. They are all listed at 75 to 80K, so if this one is only 70K, then it must have no options.

Regardless of price, the auto is freakin amazing. :smilies-38096:

Those must certainly be marked up. The most the CTS-V coupe can go for with factory options is $71,320 + Gas Guzzler Tax of $1,326. Unless it is a Black Diamond edition.

Did you have to change your pants when you sat in it? I imagine my immediate response would be to jizz in my pants.

ok, so then this is not a daily occurence? It is car induced? Therapy is in order.......

I suppose 556 hp is indeed 'jizz worthy'...if you analyze it......

carry on

Edited by regfootball

I want to ask a question, but frankly what can I think of when I think so damn highly of the car already. I guess the obvious: Does it feel more powerful than Albert's CRV? ;)

lol!

my only big question is visibility. i sat in the CTS and CTSv coupes at th autoshow this week and honestly you can't see out of the fking thing. how bad is the visibility in real world driving?

lol!

my only big question is visibility. i sat in the CTS and CTSv coupes at th autoshow this week and honestly you can't see out of the fking thing. how bad is the visibility in real world driving?

I really don't have a problem and I honestly use the mirrors and turn my neck to back out of parking spaces more than the rear camera. The rear camera is only really needed for parallel parking maneuvers. I haven't had a single issue with visibility while driving so far. If someone is in your blind spot, tap the pedal on the right... that should clear up the situation.

I get stopped to talk about this car CONSTANTLY. Everyone from 18 year old kids to 90 year old coots want to talk to me about the car.

Mr. Wolfe + CTS-V Coupe

cdoane_coryCTSv_pan1.jpg

I'm hoping this means you took more than one photo?

All 3 of us got photos and video.

I got out in time.

I didn't get sick, but I thought I was gonna. I was in the back seat with Chris_Doane driving.

I just uploaded a bunch of pictures. So if you scroll back and click on the media gallery, you'll see what I have uploaded so far.

And because Balthazar specifically complained, I took a bunch of overhead shots....

This one I am most fond of.

gallery_51_144_3267146.png

I noted, not complained. ;)

Glad I did whatever I did- that's a damned cool shot there, DD!!

Prolly quite difficult to get the whole body from above without a lift platform, eh?

At least we can see what the designers saw, instead of only what cats & sitting geese see.

It's not so much the angle as it is the distortion in a lot of those low-angle shots.

'course, DF will still think this a 'dealer classified shot'. ;)

I noted, not complained. ;)

Glad I did whatever I did- that's a damned cool shot there, DD!!

Prolly quite difficult to get the whole body from above without a lift platform, eh?

At least we can see what the designers saw, instead of only what cats & sitting geese see.

It's not so much the angle as it is the distortion in a lot of those low-angle shots.

'course, DF will still think this a 'dealer classified shot'. ;)

Go check out the rest of the media gallery, I got a few of the whole body from above for you. I stand on my first floor balcony which is directly over my garage. The nose of the CTS there is pointed straight into my garage.