Sign in to follow this  
Camaroman22

2007 Chevy El Camino (make that s-10, not E.C.)

19 posts in this topic

EXTREMELY EXTENSIVE modifications and hours of work, i think this is one of my best chops ever. comments welcome.

Posted Image

oh, and this is for the GMI weekly, so no cheating :nono: .

-camaroman22

Edited by Camaroman22

Guest YellowJacket894

Pretty cool. 8)

Looks sort of like an S-10 sucessor, though. Oh, and I'd do away with the wing, by the way.

nice chop but its just not an el camino... its much too high and not quite aggressive enough... i agree with yellowjacket about the s10 sucessor though...

Looks like it could be El Camino, Jr. ZR2.

It would work; you've got this based off of the upcoming E2 chassis, make it standard AWD. Then you've got the regular El Camino off of Zeta. Just make Junior Ecotec and HF/HV V6 only, and leave the small block to Big Brother.

:EDIT:

Just realized that this would allow you to take the Colorado/Canyon more of the Heavy Duty route. Make them the beefy "real trucks" and the E2 El Camino an AWD car with a big trunk.

I also realized that I forgot to comment on the chop, which is cool. My bad.

Edited by nightwave

Nice chop but it's NOT an ElCamino.

Caminos are always sleek and low to the ground. the only

thing truckish about an Camno is the bed aft of the B-pillar.

They have always had the lower-longer-wider styling going

on and were mid to full sized.

This is too small and too tall. If there is a reborn ElCamino

in the works guaranteed it's off the Zeta chassis and shares

it's nose with an Impala or Caprice or whatever.

really really good chop, that would be a great addition to the gm portfolio something like that could probably bust open the market owned by the subaru baja, but not as an el camino

Edited by 99camaroSS

i agree with everyone who said this isn't a camino. like 5 seconds after i submitted it for voting i looked at it again and did one of these: :duh: . it does look more like an s-10 successor and it doesn't look like an el camino. my apologies, please comment the chop on the idea and quality, not the text i put in the bottom-left corner.

Edited by Camaroman22

i agree with everyone who said this isn't a camino.  like 5 seconds after i submitted it for voting i looked at it again and did one of these: :duh: .  it does look more like an s-10 successor and it doesn't look like an el camino.  my apologies, please comment the chop on the idea and quality, not the text i put in the bottom-left corner.

You know wat ?...it looks very close to the Holden "El Camino" that is made in Australia ! :ohyeah: So you may have been right to start with, in spite of the comments to the contrary.

As far as the chop goes, 2 questions...the lower fascia seems to have 2 maybe one or the other would be enough ?...and either remove the roof antenna base or put the pole back on it & that right headlight was a pain to work on wasn't it..I know, it's the same pix I used for my pink Holden GTZ post.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

As far as the chop goes, 2 questions...the lower fascia seems to have 2 maybe one or the other would be enough ?...and either remove the roof antenna base or put the pole back on it &  that right headlight was a pain to work on wasn't it..I know, it's the same pix I used for my pink Holden GTZ post.

in itallics- please explain

in bold- its an xm antenna

underlined- yes it was, thats why i just didnt put the projectors in it

thanks for the comment

the lower fascia seems to have 2 maybe one or the other would be enough

i think what he was sayin there is that there seems to be 2 lower fascias... which is true... look at the front bumper... it looks like the thing ends... and then someone tacked on another bumper

the lower fascia seems to have 2 maybe one or the other would be enough

i think what he was sayin there is that there seems to be 2 lower fascias... which is true... look at the front bumper... it looks like the thing ends... and then someone tacked on another bumper

it's like the cladding on the avalanche, where the platic crap sticks out a bit farther than the sheetmetal bumper.

yeah yur right... i looked at it again and it looks normal now... the first time i looked it did seem to have 2 lower fascias tho...

it immediatly struck me as very short...be hard to see even a v6 under the hood, and the bed is , what...maybe 5 feet?

other than being short,and the implications of being, not bad

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this