Sign in to follow this  
Chris_Doane

14 posts in this topic

This should be good... the Freestyle is the best-packaged family SUV out there; a Mercury version should make it stylish.

With the new 3.5L V6 and six-speed automatic, it'll certainly be better than the Pilot or Highlander... maybe even Edge?

Edited by empowah

This should be good... the Freestyle is the best-packaged family SUV out there; a Mercury version should make it stylish.

With the new 3.5L V6 and six-speed automatic, it'll certainly be better than the Pilot or Highlander... maybe even Edge?

I agree 100%.

Looks pretty good, but I have a feeling the Lambdas will be much better than either the Freestyle or this new Mercury version.

Is that a tacked-on arch over the rear wheels? If not, it doesn't seem to blend in at the bottom, underneath the rear passenger doors very well. (See the BlueOvalNews spy photo second from the left.)

Looks pretty good, but I have a feeling the Lambdas will be much better than either the Freestyle or this new Mercury version.

The Lambdas will also be much heavier and much more expensive than the Freestyle. The Freestyle is my favorite crossover. I like it better than the Edge.

I thought the Ford was being cancelled in favor of the Mercury and the Edge.

Originally, then it was announced the Freestyle was still on and the Mercury was canned.

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING @ FORD!!

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING @ FORD!!

Took the words right out of my mouth. Cancelled, not cancelled. Postponed, not postponed. Let's tack on a new front end and call it a day.

Look's too Milan-ish. I would have liked the Concept version just fine.

Look in the rear bumper/fender area-sure looks like it hails from the Meta One concept! Otherwise, too little, too late, especially when perched next to a Buick Enclave/Saturn Outlook, even a Chrysler Pacifica-I agree, no one knows what's going on at Ford. I'd suggest bringing the fabulous-looking Ford S-MAX from Europe as a Mercury below this rebadged turkey, but I can probably forget it, right?

I'd suggest bringing the fabulous-looking Ford S-MAX from Europe as a Mercury below this rebadged turkey, but I can probably forget it, right?

Yes, you can.

The Freestyle is my favorite crossover. It weighs about 1,000 lbs less than the Lambdas. It will be a winner when it gets the 265 hp 3.5L V6.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this