Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The 2007 Saturn Aura

Saturn AURA (so far) - Hot or Not?  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Saturn AURA (so far) - Hot or Not?

• Hot
    • Not
    • Undecided - need more pics

I wish they'd offer the same features on the G6, because it's a better looking car!

You've seen the production Aura? In person? WOW! If only I could be so lucky to be able to make such accurate design judgments...

The Aura doesn't look very sleek to me with that ungainly nose.  I like low profile, understated, sleek and well proportioned vehicles.

The Aura is poorly-proportioned? Since when? Where's the ungainly nose? Ohhhh...it's all from your exclusive preview of the production Aura before anyone else has had a chance to view it...right...

What's the point of keeping Saturn if it's no longer different?  GM has too many divisions.  There's no point in keeping Saturn if it isn't going to be unique.

The Aura isn't a badge-job of anything available in North America.

I'd be driving a G6 right now if it came with dent resistant body panels.  I almost bought one, but I couldn't bring myself to spend over 20 grand on a car that would get ugly dings after a few trips to the supermarket parking lot, so I bought a used Saturn SL2 instead.  The way GM is going, that's probably going to be my last GM purchase ever.

So...what other cars will you buy? No one else offers dent-resistant polymer panels...so...in whose showroom will you end up signing papers for your next purchase?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Go back and look at the 1993 Mach "Mustang" concept car.  Camaro of 2005 is to 2009 Camaro how the 1993 concept was to the production Mustang...

I beg to differ. Concept cars have come a long way from the nineties. No longer do we see a space-age dream car, only to find the production vechicle thats just regular looking.

Posted Image

Posted Image

While the Mach III was an exagerated, and production unfeasable car, may I offer a more recent example using the same brand.

Take a look at how closely the 2003 Mustang concept (a mere 10 years later) translated to the production car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

As a GM example, look no further than the Pontiac Solstice concept car (which was created as a design exercise in a record six months).

The production version is near identical.

Thats how GM now executes cars (under Bob Lutz).

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Camaro concept was early on envisioned to be production feasable, and look close to production. No doubt it will change from the concept somewhat, but I bet the changes will be very slight.

The concept even has turn signals! :AH-HA_wink:

The Aura concept was a very lightly sugar coated production car in the same vain as the 1997 Pontiac 300 GPX was to the 1997 Grand Prix. [yes, I can keep going with examples all night]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Why compare apples and oranges?  Comparing the Aura's V6 to the Camry's I4 isn't fair... now, comparing the Ecotec the Aura will get to the Camry's I4 is fair... and in I4 form the Aura's sure to be more of a runner than the Camry's comparable version.  8)

The prices will be comparable. And like I said most Camrys sold are the 4 sylinder variety. The Aura will have a V6 as base for now and that is the model that will smoke the Camry in power and value.

I think we all need more pics. Very hard to judge a car with this kind of image.

You can tell what the nose is going to look like. I despise oversized headlights, big grilles, and gaudy chrome. Take a look at that Pontiac Grand Prix picture in the previous post. That's what I like! Low, sleek, well proportioned, and mean looking!

It looks better from that angle, I'll admit. I don't really like how they did the Nissan Altima thing and cheated on the rear door's window, with that filler piece behind where the glass ends. But mainly, I find the front end to be ugly. I still think the headlights are too large, and I don't like the grinning look that the grille gives the car, or the chrome strip for that matter.

Overall, I still like the Pontiac G6 a lot better! It just looks sleeker and more sporty.

What?!! Where'd you get that? I thought pics weren't supposed to be out yet. Not that I'm complaining.

I still want to see more pics from different angles, but I think it looks really good. If GM doesn't overprice it, it'll be a big hit.

What?!! Where'd you get that?  I thought pics weren't supposed to be out yet.  Not that I'm complaining.

I still want to see more pics from different angles, but I think it looks really good.  If GM doesn't overprice it, it'll be a big hit.

Lol TCC has it on their Daily Addition, as well as pics of the Outlook http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto_News/...173.A10269.html

Edited by Dodgefan

• 4 weeks later...

248 HP? That's 20 less than the Camry.

On another note, the Sky Redline looks really cool.

Don't forget to apply the Jap fudge factor to any published HP figures. A Toyota claim of 268 will likely boil down to 240 or so when tested to an SAE standard. Edited by goblue1999

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but not HOT enough.

Overall it is very attractive, but the details of the show car that made it great, even the details (like wheels) of the Opel Vectra are superior to this, and thus, this is a let down.

Don't forget to apply the Jap fudge factor to any published HP figures.  A Toyota claim of 268 will likely boil down to 240 or so when tested to an SAE standard.

Heh, the 268 horsepower is SAE-approved. It used to be 280 in the Avalon.