Sign in to follow this  
04monteintimidator

New Monte

26 posts in this topic

oh man this boredom is killing me... i designed a RWD monte with a tad bit of retro but not too much... i dont really want a retro monte...

Posted Image

its more retro to the late 80s models than anything else... i like it but changes can be made... just make the suggestion

what should i change the gril to? funny thing is that was one part i wasnt sure about haha

I'd like to see a modern inspiration of this:

Posted Image

Maybe could add in a bit of this (wider though) :

Posted Image

*edit*

Looking at it more.. I think your sketch is a bit short for a Monte .. maybe you can lengthen the rear over hang just a little bit.

Edited by Decka

the 88 front end is exactly what i was shooting for... i dont know about the maxx tho... i have this thing about putting the bowtie on the grill of a monte... id much rather keep the crest... i think it looks much better...

hmm.. thinking about it a bit more.. maybe you can just square off your current grill.. line it up with the headlights or just a tad lower but higher than you have now.

wow... i made the changes and then looked at what you guys said... seems we have similar thought patterns...

Posted Image

i also played with the contrast to make it look better... thats why the lines are darker and the white is well... whiter

That nose needs more presance... needs to look meaner

and less compound-curve-ish. Also the car in profile is too

similar to the current gen cars. I don;t mind the 00-05

generation but after this Camry Solara wannabe Monte

that came out this year we need to start with fresh slate.

I really like the general toughts of your design, but well, I think the MC needs a more distinctive look.....

The NASCAR boys would hate me for putting this roofline on it,...but it screams MONTE CARLO to me !...;

Posted Image

...and maybe this is the grille (& rims ) that you need on yours too ?...it will work, try it & see if I am right or not !...I'll be watching for your continued progress.

...and feel free to dload this pix (you can & the others can if they want to as well, it would be very nteresting to see the different variations that came off this suppossed Monte Carlo pix)...and put your design on it if you want to, OK?

we can do our own mini-MC design contest thing on this thread if you all want too

that should help with the boredom factor...right? ...lol

Good work, dude.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

i made some changes... tried the grill that MrDM suggested... it actually looks better than i thought it would... tho of course i kept the crest as opposed to the bowtie... i just like it better...

i also changed the window line on the c pillar... to give an allusion to the roofline shown in MrDMs chop... i tried the entire roofline itself but didnt like it that much

the curved lines are just coke bottle shaping... not the indents like on the current gen montes

i changed the headlights a bit... gave them almost like an eyelid kind of thing to add aggression

i lowered the ride height as well... more aggressive stance

Posted Image

Edited by 04monteintimidator

not too good at rims... but i tried

Posted Image

Hmm...I like the updated one, with the exception of the size/placement of the gas door ... my goodness does that look big, well, at least to me.... Course, I'm used to them being behind the license plate ;).

And, the car itself could be a tad bit larger of a coupe....

Even so, I like it :). Excellent work, 04!

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Wouldn't that be something?" ... Finger 11 ... '1 Thing'

alright that 3 bar grill got old real fast... the more i looked at it the more like a ford it started to look... so i changed it... i like it MUCH better now... oh and knightfan i took the gas door out... your right it was really huge haha

Posted Image

Edited by 04monteintimidator

thanks... now all we can do is hope that GM makes something just as awesome when they redo the monte in a few years... haha oh and go check out the GNX i drew up... i figured you cant have a late 80s retro monte without a GNX brother... im thinking about doing a cutlass as well... bring the triplets back... haha

I like this one best os far... give it single headlamps like a 1970-72 and call it a day. :)

Posted Image

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this