12 posts in this topic

JUST A FEW THOUGHTS FOR NEW GM DESIGNS;

THE HOLDEN MINI GTZ;

Posted Image

THE OLDS (?) TORONADO OR SABB TORONADO OR EVEN A CADDY ELDORADO;

Posted Image

THE CHEVROLET BISCAYNE SPORTVAN ;

Posted Image

AN OLDS 442 OR A PONTIAC SOLSTICE GTO; (WATCH OUT THIS ONE IS WILD, AND WICKED TO THE BONE, BABY)...

Posted Image

PONTIAC G7 MAXX

Posted Image

PONTIAC GTO;

Posted Image

CHEVY SUBURBAN SUPER SPORT

Posted Image

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST BY A LONG SHOT, TH HUMMER H2 PICKUP;

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

the holen mini GTZ is nice... the rest... eh... i like the GTO but it nees to be cleaned up a bit... the 442 is a little too radical for my taste... an the olds toronado... NOT an el dorado

the holen mini GTZ is nice... the rest... eh... i like the GTO but it nees to be cleaned up a bit... the 442 is a little too radical for my taste... an the olds toronado... NOT an el dorado

I am VERY INTERSTED in why you say the "toronado & 442" are so radical, i know they are different ...( heck they banned me again at GMI just for posting those designs !!..I had said nothing about who i was when i posted them either, ...talk about design prejudice !)...but see, this is the real direction of automotive design right now today = radical.

Many years ago I was drawing pictures of cars with pointed and sloped front ends....and people laughed at those drawings.....NOW, they are driving them and paying for those sloped nose pointed front end cars !

So,... (no insult intended toward you or anyone else) because i am really intriged as to what's with the opinion that this is "too much"...I have heard that before and am just wondering why I am hearing it again on this direction of designs...because it sounds like a winner to me if so many hate it that much !!!...LOL.

I mean look, this is an actual GM show car....

Posted Image

this is the same direction...Radical for a 4-door sedan, so wat's up ?

....got any ideas ?

Why are they radical to the point of hate ?, because the last time I heard that kinda attitude, was with the pointed nose car drawings 30 years ago !!!!!!

I especally do not get this in regard to the "Toronado"...to me it is a gourgeous and compelling car design ?...& the 442 is 80% an actual TVR Sargis !.....????

....So NBD, but I am just courious as to an answer...THX. (& I will finish cleaning up the GTO too...but that one also gets either LOVE or HATE reactions ????)

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

PurdueGuy    72

You asked for feedback, so here are my thoughts:

Holden Mini GTZ:

BMW would never let that name stick

Overall, decent, but it just looks like a Scion xA with Ford Fusion headlights.

Toronado

Most of the car looks good, but the front end... well, it messes with my eyes. Is that supposed to be a grill that goes from side-to-side, or does it go up to a point? If it's supposed to be side-to-side (like, the grill seen goes the full car width), then the angle is off and it's way too stub-nosed.

Biscayne

Looks too much like a regular minivan, just with wide wheels. People these days seem to prefer being tricked into thinking they're not buying a minivan. Not sure there'd be a market anyway, but since when did markets dictate creative thinking? :)

Doors/body look too long - looks like an older ungainly saab in the body proportions. The front... interesting. Needs refined with some more detail, and a few things look off-angle, but it's interesting. What do the hood louvers do?

G7 Maxx

Not sure the Maxx name should migrate to Pontiac, but usually a concept's name isn't that meaningful anyway. Overall, not bad, but I can't help but hate that grill. It looks like cheap plastichrome, and the shape feels generic.

GTO

Sorry, but this looks like a Camaro concept with a blurry fastback and an ugly beak, and the front end work isn't on straight.

Suburban SS

The rear door screams minivan, and the rear spoiler's gotta go.

H2 Pickup

Sits too low for a Hummer, and while I like the idea of a side-door to the bed, you should hide the handle so it blends in & looks like a pickup instead of a chop-top.

You asked for feedback, so here are my thoughts:

Holden Mini GTZ:

BMW would never let that name stick

Overall, decent, but it just looks like a Scion xA with Ford Fusion headlights.

Toronado

Most of the car looks good, but the front end... well, it messes with my eyes.  Is that supposed to be a grill that goes from side-to-side, or does it go up to a point?  If it's supposed to be side-to-side (like, the grill seen goes the full car width), then the angle is off and it's way too stub-nosed.

Biscayne

Looks too much like a regular minivan, just with wide wheels.  People these days seem to prefer being tricked into thinking they're not buying a minivan.  Not sure there'd be a market anyway, but since when did markets dictate creative thinking? :)

Doors/body look too long - looks like an older ungainly saab in the body proportions.  The front... interesting.  Needs refined with some more detail, and a few things look off-angle, but it's interesting.  What do the hood louvers do?

G7 Maxx

Not sure the Maxx name should migrate to Pontiac, but usually a concept's name isn't that meaningful anyway.  Overall, not bad, but I can't help but hate that grill.  It looks like cheap plastichrome, and the shape feels generic.

GTO

Sorry, but this looks like a Camaro concept with a blurry fastback and an ugly beak, and the front end work isn't on straight.

Suburban SS

The rear door screams minivan, and the rear spoiler's gotta go.

H2 Pickup

Sits too low for a Hummer, and while I like the idea of a side-door to the bed, you should hide the handle so it blends in & looks like a pickup instead of a chop-top.

WOW..thank you that is exactly what I wanted to hear...your the best ! BTW the 442 hood does nothing but let all that heat out real fast when your stomp'in on it !...and look weird in the process !!! & it is unmodified from the original picture of the TVR Sargis !...LOL. The Toronado grille is straight acoss, no pointed front, stub nose-ed by design....and i just reread you comments on the G7 ...LMAO it is the ONLY one based upon a Japanese design...the new Infinity sport coupe !...THAT is why it looks so GENERIC...LOL !

Thank you Sir !

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

I am VERY INTERSTED in why you say the "toronado & 442" are so radical design

no i didnt mean that the toronado was radical... i just meant it wasnt an el dorado... because you said "maybe an El Dorado" on the caption...

as far as why i think its radical... thats just my taste... im not saying it wont be a trend in a few years... im just saying that i personally find it to be very forward thinking... most of the time when i use the term radical i ont so much mean its not going to work or is a bad design... i just mean it looks like something we wont see for another 20-30 years... i hope that answers your question

as far as why i think its radical... thats just my taste... im not saying it wont be a trend in a few years... im just saying that i personally find it to be very forward thinking... ... i just mean it looks like something we wont see for another 20-30 years... i hope that answers your question

Yes, thank you, that made alot of sense because that (10-15 years ahead) was where I was thinking with most of these designs, and that they would be fairly commonplace by then. 20-30 years ahead ?....hmmm, I have work on that, LOL.

8)

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Most of these are a litte too "French" looking for me but I do think

you have an interesting style. The 442 is just bizare, like a Korean

ripoff of a German car or something but I like how you think outside

the box, I do weird stuff like that just to shake up my imagination a

bit. Keep posting.

The Olds Toronado and Holden city-car both have a lot of potential. :)

as an Oldsmobile man....sorry just not cutting it for me, the Toronado and 442 look nothing like and Oldsmobile....just not my cup of tea

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this