Sign in to follow this  
Paolino

2012 Model Year Changes for Buick

Well, this is a surprise. The order guide has been updated for the Regal, and it says STANDARD for the base is:

"Audio system, AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo with MP3 CD player, USB and AUX port, 7" color touch screen display, MP3/WMA playback, iPod support and upgradeable software."

7" color touch screen for the base? Nice :)

Wonder why the more expensive LaCrosse doesn't get that?

<cynical> Because the Regal has a younger demo that wants more connectivity in their media...</cynical>

No order guide yet for the Verano (it's coming for '12, isn't it?)

Well, this is a surprise. The order guide has been updated for the Regal, and it says STANDARD for the base is:

"Audio system, AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo with MP3 CD player, USB and AUX port, 7" color touch screen display, MP3/WMA playback, iPod support and upgradeable software."

7" color touch screen for the base? Nice :)

Wonder why the more expensive LaCrosse doesn't get that?

<cynical> Because the Regal has a younger demo that wants more connectivity in their media...</cynical>

No order guide yet for the Verano (it's coming for '12, isn't it?)

You're probably right though. And yes, the Verano is supposed to be for sale summer of 2011, so I would hope any day now we'd see an order guide and know pricing! I'm actually interested in it.

"A Park Avenue aimed at Lexus and Acura 20 years ago? rlol"

I agree, but back then, GM figured just make it "look imported" with luggage racks on trunks and black trim and it was "good enough".

I used to know a Buick Zone Rep back in 1991, and he claimed that the PA was 'top of the line', and the Roadmaster was aimed at older RWD LeSabre owners for trade-ins. Supposedly the PA was aimed at Lexus and Acura, even back then.

A Park Avenue aimed at Lexus and Acura 20 years ago? :roflmao:. That would make no sense now with the recently departed Lucerne. Now at least the current LaCrosse can safely (and correctly) be cross-shopped with an ES350 and a TL, maybe an RL.

In 1991, $24k bought you the ES250 (tarted up Camry) with 156hp 2.5 V6 and about 7 lb-ft of torque... or...you could stroll over to the Buick dealer and pick up the new for 1991 Park Ave with 170hp and a LOT more torque and a lot more room, comfort, and "presence"

If you are thinking the Lexus LS400 - well that was more Cadillac Sedan Deville, Cadillac Seville, or Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham territory... all of which were getting their redesigns in another year or two.

In 1991, $24k bought you the ES250 (tarted up Camry) with 156hp 2.5 V6 and about 7 lb-ft of torque... or...you could stroll over to the Buick dealer and pick up the new for 1991 Park Ave with 170hp and a LOT more torque and a lot more room, comfort, and "presence"

If you are thinking the Lexus LS400 - well that was more Cadillac Sedan Deville, Cadillac Seville, or Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham territory... all of which were getting their redesigns in another year or two.

While it made more sense to buy a Park Avenue (or even a LeSabre) in 1991, a lot of Baby Boomers went for the ES250. Why do you think that the ES350 & RX350 are best sellers in their class? Toyota/Lexus won that war a long time ago mostly because of GM errors and the slow response of the Germans, not much else.

I can see alot of would be Cadillac buyers opting for a Lacrosse. The CTS might just be too small for them.

• Upvote 1

I can see alot of would be Cadillac buyers opting for a Lacrosse.

Read people over 70.

I absolutely love the Regal and really like the Lacrosse and I'm not 70.

• Upvote 4

Now he seems to have a prob with the aged that has the money to burn on a car that they might just be able to get into and out of :nono:

I used to know a Buick Zone Rep back in 1991, and he claimed that the PA was 'top of the line', and the Roadmaster was aimed at older RWD LeSabre owners for trade-ins. Supposedly the PA was aimed at Lexus and Acura, even back then.

Scary....

Does money get less green as the holder gets older?

No. The current LaCrosse is the car to have, especially since Buick lacks a RWD flagship. Nothing wrong with the current Regal or upcoming Verano, but I would take a LaCrosse CXL or CXS over almost anything GM currently has. Cadillac does need the upcoming ATS, but it also needs a real RWD flagship too.