Somebody help me

OH NO... Fly! Well, at least the excellent driver knocked the target off the door.

I would say either repair or replace the fender, of course replace both doors (probably with used doors at this point), repair the quarter panel (do I see damage there over the rear wheel, or is the light playing tricks on me?)... and I have a feeling the center pillar will need some repair, judging by the way the front door is peeled inward. The bumpers will need to be loosened and dropped at the right ends for painting access, and the headlight and taillight will need to be pulled out so they don't get paint on the edges.

This is ridiculous, Fly. Wha happun this time?

A Tundra sideswiped me in the parking lot of a mall. I was parked in a designated parallel parking space against a curb between two other cars. The worst thing is, I saw it happen while walking back to my car. The Tundra comes peeling around a corner, almost hits an Odyssey driving parallel to how my car is facing, and clips me instead.

Needless to say, I was completely beyond pissed. My saving grace were the fifteen witnesses who saw it happen as it occured right in front of one of the mall's entrances. It ended up with the girlfriend of the guy driving the Tundra (in the passenger seat) getting arrested for some outstanding DUI warrant. Weird.

All squared away with Geico; I'm no dummy about that. First thing tomorrow, its rental car time and I get to drive this ghastly pile to class, then up to the same collision center I went to last time.

Oh, and no, I was the only one with my car at the time. I'm fine. In an alternate reality, the Tundra driver is in a coma thanks to me...heh.

Thanks guys. :)

o ouch....so sorry man. that guy really did a number on the aurora. I know how you feel though...my impala got run into last december. It was parallel parked on the street and some drunk ass on his way back from the bar came along and side swiped mine and then barreled into the pickup that was parked in front of my car....I heard it and got outside just in time to see the guy take off....i got the plate though and the cops took care of it all.

Hmmm...I hope you get a Hyundai Azera this time.  You know, the one with the chime speaker on the dash? :D

azera....RRRRRRRRRRRRRR......

fly buddy, what is the deal with your car? maybe the car gods are trying to force you into a Kia Amanti or something........

your car's been violated more offen than a pregnant Britney spears in her 8th month with a wad of 50's at the college dorms.....

Edited by regfootball

Ouch.. I almost had a side swipe accident about 15 minutes ago..

Some stupid f*ck in a Dodge Ram almost side swiped me on the freeway.. talking on his cell phone and moving into my lane without signaling when he was still parallel and not completely in front of me...

I wish I had had a rocket launcher to take out this bozo and his damn 'W04' sticker..

I am truly sorry for what happened to you. I have been there. I remember when it happened to my first Oldsmobile Ninety Eight. It was far worse than that. They destroyed the whole left side and suspension and more. Thankfully you are okay. This is the important thing.

I hope you are okay, and just know it is cosmetic damage and the doors can be fixed.

I am sorry. We not only have to drive for ourselves as well as others too.

A Tundra sideswiped me in the parking lot of a mall. I was parked in a designated parallel parking space against a curb between two other cars. The worst thing is, I saw it happen while walking back to my car. The Tundra comes peeling around a corner, almost hits an Odyssey driving parallel to how my car is facing, and clips me instead.

Needless to say, I was completely beyond pissed. My saving grace were the fifteen witnesses who saw it happen as it occured right in front of one of the mall's entrances. It ended up with the girlfriend of the guy driving the Tundra (in the passenger seat) getting arrested for some outstanding DUI warrant. Weird.

All squared away with Geico; I'm no dummy about that. First thing tomorrow, its rental car time and I get to drive this ghastly pile to class, then up to the same collision center I went to last time.

Oh, and no, I was the only one with my car at the time. I'm fine. In an alternate reality, the Tundra driver is in a coma thanks to me...heh.

Thanks guys. :)

Wow, that sucks. Glad to hear you were not in it to be injured. It must suck to watch your own car get smashed though.

Fly:

Sorry to hear about this THIRD accident. That sucks. Almost as if the

car is cursed or something. :( In any case good luck getting it repaired

quickly, and more so, correctly! Leaks are often a problem when a car

is hit like this and repaired incorectly. Make sure the body-shop you

take it to has a rock solid reputation.

Holy crap, Fly ... talk about bad luck/being in the wrong place at the wrong time :(.

Good luck getting it repaired...hope it doesn't take too long for you to get it back....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

Flybry:

Was it an OLD person? It is The Sunshine State, after all.

I trust you are ok -- the car can be fixed and its looks more like a crumple than something which cuts to the bone (of the car, that is).

Let us know.

Edited by trinacriabob

I'm considering lasers, force fields, stuff like that. I thought maybe a cloaking device, but if people hit me when my car is 18-feet long, blue, and visible...

Ocn,

Left side is fine. It was more of a swipe than a broadside and the impact was spread across the four sheetmetal panels of the car with the major damage concentrated on the two doors.

I dropped it off at Robert's Collision Center in Clearwater a few hours ago. They did the repair work after my run-in with the Mustang (or actually, its run in with me). They do, imo, great work and since they're a Geico XPress shop, it shouldn't be too long. The adjuster did a quick walk-around with me and conjectured the two doors will likely need to be replaced completely as well as the front fender (again...) while the very small crease on the rear quarter look repairable. No structural damage apparent right now, which is fantastic.

Bobo is right on the money. This is why I will always buy a large car and why I have strong hopes that whatever replaces the G-bodies will be at the very least as structurally sound as them. I can't say enough how simply solid these cars are and even though the damage looks incredibly bad, the doors still latch properly and the windows still work with just a bit more wind noise since the frameless glass is thrown out of alignment. Needless to say, I'm very impressed.

Trina, nope. Mid-30s. Just another idiot racing around the parking lot.

Note to all - DO NOT RACE AROUND PARKING LOTS

BV, negatory on another car. As said before, perhaps a LaCrosse Super, Lucerne, or midsize truck is in the future in addition to our fleet, but I'd never give my Olds up unless it was absolutely irreperable.

Right now, I'm driving my father's car - the SSEi - and he's got the rental, a white 2006 Dodge Ram SLT club cab. Its actually quite a handsome truck, though the wood is just hillarious inside. Cloth seats, PW, PL, PM, CD player, and A/C - an ideal truck. He'll be driving that more as he can use it for work. I prefer the inherent hotness of the Bonnie anyway.

Will update when I get the car back. Thanks for all the kind words, guys! :)

P.S. I'm disappointed no one has posted this yet...

:idhitit:

:rolleyes::P