Sign in to follow this  
Dragon

Changes for the 2007 Mustang

20 posts in this topic

Drove by the local Ford dealership yesterday and noticed that Ford has made some exterior changes to the new models.

I like them a lot more than the old big one’s that were slapped on like an afterthought. Not sure about the chrome bar though.

they also modified the opeing of the lower opening

2005:

Posted Image

2007:

Posted Image

Edited by Dragon

The chrome bar in grille and inner-grille lights are actually part of the sport appearance package (along with the vinyl near the rocker panel).

I wish they'd change the location of the damn turn signals. Those are ugly!

And if I remember right, this is for the V6 model only. The GT doesn't get the appearance package.

That's not a 2007 model-that's just the Base V-6 coupe with the Pony package. Good the horse is getting a corral, but the front end still needs an entire revision.

Is it me or did the Mustang's styling get stale extremely quickly?

I'm liking it less and less as time goes on. The base models scream cheap.

Guest YellowJacket894

I'm liking it less and less as time goes on. The base models scream cheap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, the base models seem to give me the same impression. But -- for me anyway -- I know why. The black plastic, non-body rocker panels and the "MUSTANG" side graphic on the lower portion of the doors seem to really say that to me.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Is it me or did the Mustang's styling get stale extremely quickly? 

I'm liking it less and less as time goes on.  The base models scream cheap.

:withstupid:

for me... these mustangs were stale after the first two months... because the more i look at them, the more i realize they pretty much copied a 67 line for line... its a really pathetic and in my opinion, lazy, way to design a car... *cough*challenger*cough* the camaro pulls off the 'retro' MUCH better, it is still a fresh idea with interesting new lines etc. Ford and DCX really haven't put too much thought into the designs, i kind of expected it from Ford, i mean look at the last gen Thunderbirds, blatant copy much? but i was really dissappointed with DCX when i saw the challenger, they can do so much better than that...

I like the design..it has elements of different years. The front end is a mix of '67,'68 and '69 styling cues, but the profile and rear end is strongly '65-66 2+2. The side quarter windows are a '66 Shelby touch.

I like the style (esp. the GT), it's retro yet modern, definitely an improvement over the '99-04 design, IMHO.

yeah i don't think the base models really turn heads anymore....does anyone know if the shelby's are out yet....becuase i saw a real nice white stang with blue racing stripes up the middle and nice rims to go along with it.....it didn't look like any mustang i had ever seen before....but it was in the middle of traffic so i didn't get a good look. If the shelby's are out i think that might have been what it was cus it was good looking.

I donno though I think these mustangs are still really cool....my dad still has a 69 fastback (which these ones are somewhat modeled after) but it needs a lot of work and my uncle had a 67 shelby gt500 for a while....WHICH HE SOLD....he kicks himself in the ass every day. The look is kinda stale now that they are all over the road but I would still love to have one.

nice tourque thrust wheels,

white makes it hard to see any slight body differences.

they fixed the lower grill slightly too.

it'll look better than the last 2 year's models. that's all i'm saying

nice tourque thrust wheels,

white makes it hard to see any slight body differences.

they fixed the lower grill slightly too.

it'll look better than the last 2 year's models. that's all i'm saying

The original post was wrong..this isn't the '07 Mustang..it's just the '06 Pony trim package for the 6 cyl model (it has the base GT wheels, unique grille trim with fog lights, same bumper as on the '05-06 6cyls).. that's all...

A bright blue GT with the optional 18 inch rims, spoiler delete, and deluxe interior trim package (shiny dash) could park in my garage any day. :)

The Mustang did not copy the '67 or any other model year line by line. It takes cues from the '67-'68 and other years, but the sheet metal is more taut, the overhangs are shorter, the grille is larger, and the roofline is sleeker.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's no more retro than the Camaro concept.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I personally love these retro designs, but I get annoyed when people bash the Mustang for being retro and then claim that the Camaro is some original, modern design. The Camaro is just as retro as the Mustang...from the rear hump, to the c-pillar angle, to the egg-crate grille and recessed single front headlamps.

And for the people that say the Mustang looks droopy...you must be laying on the ground in the same position as the crappy Ford press shots. A guy in my studio has a charcoal gray 2005 GT, and when that thing is out at night with the fogs on, it looks pretty damn mean.

Finally, if the Mustang had not seen the success it has been seeing, I doubt GM and DCX would have made much of a business case for the Camaro and Challenger.

Edited by mustang84

The Mustang did not copy the '67 or any other model year line by line.  It takes cues from the '67-'68 and other years, but the sheet metal is more taut, the overhangs are shorter, the grille is larger, and the roofline is sleeker.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's no more retro than the Camaro concept.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I personally love these retro designs, but I get annoyed when people bash the Mustang for being retro and then claim that the Camaro is some original, modern design.  The Camaro is just as retro as the Mustang...from the rear hump, to the c-pillar angle, to the egg-crate grille and recessed single front headlamps.

And for the people that say the Mustang looks droopy...you must be laying on the ground in the same position as the crappy Ford press shots.  A guy in my studio has a charcoal gray 2005 GT, and when that thing is out at night with the fogs on, it looks pretty damn mean.

Finally, if the Mustang had not seen the success it has been seeing, I doubt GM and DCX would have made much of a business case for the Camaro and Challenger.

I totally agree. the Mistanf is a great looking car that is not a carbon copy of the original, if you think it is, then by that definition the Camaro would be a carbon copy too. I love the Mustang, they look pretty sinister in black, and i still gawk at one whenever is see it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this