2007 Outlook Teaser Pic

So I take it that you guys really don't like the Outlook?

You guys can jusdge for yourself but as I said I am on the fence on "Gotta Have" status and have been for months now.

IMO they are solid products and well though out but the Aura and Outlook suffer from blandness.

Where I think the Aura looks like a 1990s Olds with an Opel front end, I see the Outlook as an early 2000ish Chevy SUV with an exagerated Relay front clip.

Good but great? I do not know.

I just think as with most recent GM product, the new Saturns and I have said this before suffer from the too-little, too-late school of design.

Edited by evok

As with the Aura, I'll reserve judgement until more pictures become available.

From what I can see, the front clip looks excellent, but the mixed messages insiders have provided give me pause. It's only a matter of days.

One question to evok,

We know the upcoming models will be great for Saturn

How would you guage the Outlook and Aura in terms of the competition?

I just think as with most recent GM product, the new Saturns and I have said this before suffer from the too-little, too-late school of design.

That is just my opinion. You guys be the judge later in the week.

Edited by evok

One question to evok,

We know the upcoming models will be great for Saturn

How would you guage the Outlook and Aura in terms of the competition?

don't look for mind shattering eye opener styling.

had they been on the street 18 months ago (when they should have), it would be another story, but for today's market.....

GM is stilling catching up. they have yet to exceed the competition.

However, I think the Outlook, despite non-threatening styling, will do well as it has a more truck like look to it than the Relay, yet offers lots of room for families.

Saturn should roughly equal Honda.

Saturn Outlook=Honda Pilot

Saturn Aura=Honda Accord

Saturn Astra=Honda Civic

Saturn Corsa?=Honda Fit

Saturn Triton?=Honda Ridgeline

Saturn Antara=Honda CR-V

Saturn Zafira?=Honda Odyssey

Saturn Sky=Honda S2000

See where I'm going with this Saturn is finding its natural target Honda.

Let's guess how much volume Saturn could have by say 2015.

I want to know what's up with Aura and Outlook too, but if they sound just as bland and such as Evok and CD/BP say they are then I'm disappointed. Now about that "Crossover Coupe concept"-any chance that's just the Opel Antara GTC concept with a Saturn badge and maybe different paint?

I want to know what's up with Aura and Outlook too, but if they sound just as bland and such as Evok and CD/BP say they are then I'm disappointed. Now about that "Crossover Coupe concept"-any chance that's just the Opel Antara GTC concept with a Saturn badge and maybe different paint?

most likely an astra coupe considering its supposed to represent the conceot for the next ion

Ta-da!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dunno about you guys but that's gotta be the best damned looking SUV I've ever seen!

And check out that interior!

:ohyeah::yes::thumbsup::idhitit:

BTW these pics are from TCC, you can see a new pic of the Aura there too.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto_News/...173.A10269.html

Edited by Dodgefan

I have to say I'm a little dissappointed with the proportions of the outside especially the front and the large amounts of wood on the inside. The wood seems out of place with the more "edgy" outside.

It's not bad, the details are just a little different then I expected...maybe it will grow on me with more pics

I gotta admit, when I looked upon the image of the front fascia, it was like a blow to my face, "Whoa!!!!". I am really liking the Outlook, alot! The interior looks great as well, however, the gear selector and steering wheel seem out of place. In an interior that is otherwise upscale and oppulant, the steering wheel and gear selector stick out noticeably.....perhaps some woodgrain on those two items to help them blend in with everything else? Otherwise, kudos to GM for giving Saturn the products they deserve!

The front end is pretty ugly/bland. Almost to pre-Lutz level. Everything else great...

What happened? Were there two designers (one for the behind (great job!) and one for the front end (japanese car wannabe?))

Um...how can it look Japanese at the front end looks like an Opel...which is European?

:scratchchin:

:huh:  Which Opel? I don't recall Opel having a similar vehicle (the headlights aren't Opel at all, if that's what you mean.)

And away, here's my evidence:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can you see the family resemblance now?

Also..the crappy Pilot's front end looks nothing like the Outlook, same with the 4Runner

Heh dont forget to add a dash of Relay.

In this case that's actually a good thing-as far as the wide rocker panel molding and 6-spoke 17" wheels (not the same as Relay) go as I said in another post. Glad to see it here, and I think it looks better against Ford Freestyle and Cheysler Pacifica rivals (and certainly Honda Pilot too).