Progressive Rock Lyric Challenge

OK, if you don't know what progressive rock is watch and learn. If you do, guess the Band, song and or album from the provided clue. If you guess correctly, post your own clue.

I'll start with:

"Something's wrong from the moon my friends. Something's wrong from the moon. As I look down at you my friends, something's wrong from the moon."

(pssst, Camino, bud... those were the wrong mushrooms, dude.  You ok?)

Well I have no idear, to be honest. 

No, my friend, for this challenge they are the right mushrooms! :lol:

Perhaps I picked too tough of a clue to start with?

I can give you an easier one.

Here:

"Virgin land of forest green, dark and stormy plain"

OR:

" Me? I'm just a lawnmower. You can tell me by the way I walk."

Something's wrong from the moon my friends. Something's wrong from the moon. As I look down at you my friends, something's wrong from the moon.

Nuclear Apathy - Crack the Sky

"Virgin land of forest green, dark and stormy plain"

Song For America - Kansas (you know i was gettn that one)

" Me? I'm just a lawnmower. You can tell me by the way I walk."

I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe) - Gensis

"Purple wolfhounds show me where you are"

Yours is no Disgrace - YES

Totally unfair on my part, because you have gotten me into everyone of these bands.

so what do i win???

now time for my favorite (well, some would say at one time they were prog) bands

"They decorated all the generals

Who fought the wars behind the lines

They had forgotten all the soldiers

The brandy put them way behind the times

Insanity has found it’s way to tv screens

Vision seems impossible to me

They fight {they fight} for king {for king} and country

I never would have thought this in my"

???????

Since B&B's clue is from a different era and might not fit the description of progressive rock( although the band is awesome) I'll dredge up another one that fits the bill. Ah hell, another 4 that fit the bill.

" Stand within the pleasure dome, decreed by Kublai Kahn"

" Your sperm's in the gutter, your love's in the sink"

"Years ago my heart was set to live,oh. And I've been trying hard against unbelievable odds"

" You better close your eyes, better bow your head - Wait for the ricochet"

Did you know Phil Collins can't spin a drumstick?

now time for my favorite (well, some would say at one time they were prog) bands

"They decorated all the generals

Who fought the wars behind the lines

They had forgotten all the soldiers

The brandy put them way behind the times

Insanity has found it’s way to tv screens

Vision seems impossible to me

They fight {they fight} for king {for king} and country

I never would have thought this in my"

???????

Asia - "Wildest Dreams" from "Asia"

There is currently a crisis in ASIA. As for being short lived...not the case. The crisis is that the original members are reforming for the 25th anniversary and jettisoning the current lineup, but the band quietly has put out numerous albums (and good ones) since 92 or so with a modified lineup....of which the FIRM's (and Manfred Mann/AcDC) ex drummer Chris Slade, he actually was part of Asia for 5 years up until last summer.

Wow! I forgot all about Asia. This reminds me of another short-lived band, any one remember The Firm?

There is currently a crisis in ASIA.  As for being short lived...not the case.  The crisis is that the original members are reforming for the 25th anniversary and jettisoning the current lineup, but the band quietly has put out numerous albums (and good ones) since 92 or so with a modified lineup....of which the FIRM's (and Manfred Mann/AcDC) ex drummer Chris Slade, he actually was part of Asia for 5 years up until last summer.

I stand corrected. I only knew the first 2 albums - one of which I believe I still have on vinyl! Thanks for the update.

• 2 years later...
Wow! I forgot all about Asia. This reminds me of another short-lived band, any one remember The Firm?

I remember The Firm...Paul Rodgers and Jimmy Page. I have both their albums (neat '61 Cadillac w/ fog lights on the cover of their 2nd album).

After seeing Queen + Paul Rodgers in concert in '05, I started getting into Rodgers past bands...Free, Bad Company, The Firm, and The Law..

I didn't realize Asia existed beyond 1985 or so...I remember them from the early '80s.