The New Infiniti G35

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The front looks great, but the back is too similar to the old one (which was not a prized peach to begin with). The interior is also very similar to the old one. Nissan cost cutting? I'm sure the coupe will be a stunner, though.

Honestly, I'll have to see better pics of it... The exterior looks better than the currect sedan, but not the coupe's. I'm not sure about the interior yet... I always liked the current one. From what I can tell, the new one looks sort of... weird, especially the center stack. Very little sense of design...

Keep in mind we haven't seen the whole interior. The only interior pics are very close shots of the guages, and the center stack. Personally, I don't think the interior will disappoint. I wonder what it'd look like with a Rosewood interior.

Reminds me of a pudgy, slightly malformed 3- or 5-series. I guess Chris Bangle was right, because both major Japanese rivals are sending his designs through a filter. That's not to say I don't like this new Datsun, I do.

Reminds me of a pudgy, slightly malformed 3- or 5-series.  I guess Chris Bangle was right, because both major Japanese rivals are sending his designs through a filter.  That's not to say I don't like this new Datsun, I do.

1st Datsun is now owned by Toyota.

2nd MB copied the interior and bangle rear for the new Sclass

With the new pics, I like it a little more. The front blends into the body nicely. Also, on the first pics you couldn't see the indentation on the lower part of the doors in the profile. Doing that cuts the visual height of the car, and makes it look less slab sided. The only thing I'm looking for are a different set a wheels.

I like the new steering wheel, much more thant he old one. The basically gave a production version on the Coupe Concept's interior. I think it looks good. Clean, unclutered. The guages look great. One interesting thing to note is that they kept the moveable guage been that tilts up and down with the position of the steering wheel, so you always have perfect sight lines.

I really don't like the lower front fascia. The middle grille looks cut out with a recip saw, and the ones that flank it are FAKE!

But it's nice. I really like the centre stack design and how the nav controls are angled up.

I hope the CTS can surpass this package.

I like it better than the current sedan, but take away the details and it now looks like every other Japanese luxury sedanout there. Do they all share the same brain or something?

Well that's much more reassuring. The first pics made the car look ugly, but this new set compliments the car much better. The interior design is pretty good, I like the steering wheel and center stack a lot. The exterior looks nicer overall, especially the front end. It's an evolutionary design, but still looks distinctive. You can easily tell it's an Infiniti, one of the reasons why I like/respect them. That, and unlike Lexus and Acura, they're real performance cars.

And personally, I think those wheels are sweet. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dodgefan

That interior just really doesn't scream luxury to me.  It's nicer than your average midsize sedan, but it's not exciting nor luxurious.

I can see your point. It doesn't scream luxury to me either. The M's interior does. The Enclave concept's screams it so loud I'm deaf in one ear, lol. That said, I think in person the interior will impress. It doesn't ooze and drip luxury, but it is luxurious, IMHO. I think the interior with Rosewood will be much nicer. It'll bring warmth into the cabin.

I think it looks pretty good, a nice evolutionary change. The interior is much improved, you can even see how different the materials are and that is pretty hard to do. I hate the hood cutout, though. It stands out way too much.

I'm really becoming a HUGE fan of Infiniti. :wub:

This is a decent but somewhat dissapointing redesign. I'll

wait for the coupe to pass judgement, the current coupe

looks much better than the seadn and taht will probably

not change. As it stands ther nose has too much Lexus in

it to my eyes but the butt looks awsome. iliked the way

the tail lights went through a subtle evolution.

I hope the FX gets a better reskin than this. :blink:

I thought the G35 coupe concept was about a 11 on the

1-10 scale of sexy/sporty luxury coupes! :yes:

Posted Image

Please tell me you're kidding?

Datsun was/is just a cover-name for Nissan motors. Since Nissan was

originaly founded by/for the Japanese Military buildup and with all the

horrible things doen by the Japanese in WWII they wanted a politically

correct name taht would not elude to WWII esp. in parts of Asia where

they commited attrocities and in the USA. (remember Pearl Harbour?)

Datsun was never and will never be associated with Toyota. God I

hope not anyway. It's alwas been a different emblem for a Nissan

same as Infinitini is just a Nissan rebadge. These days Nissan and

Renault have a relationship (I think the French own Nissan) but there

has never been any affiliation with Toyota. The Nissan Quest and

Mercury Villager shared a platform and there was some other

affiliation between Nissan & Ford back in the day. (1970s I think)

Datsun was/is just a cover-name for Nissan motors. Since Nissan was

originaly founded by/for the Japanese Military buildup and with all the

horrible things doen by the Japanese in WWII they wanted a politically

correct name taht would not elude to WWII esp. in parts of Asia where

they commited attrocities and in the USA. (remember Pearl Harbour?)

Datsun was never and will never be associated with Toyota. God I

hope not anyway. It's alwas been a different emblem for a Nissan

same as Infinitini is just a Nissan rebadge. These days Nissan and

Renault have a relationship (I think the French own Nissan) but there

has never been any affiliation with Toyota. The Nissan Quest and

Mercury Villager shared a platform and there was some other

affiliation between Nissan & Ford back in the day. (1970s I think)

I think he's confused with Daihatsu. I was confused when I was what... 5 years old??

I think he means they're getting a bump in displacement, though I really, really wish you were right :(

well, it's certainly much improved. I don't like that they played it safe though. The current one doesn't stand out, but I don't think this one will see the same fate. It might stand out for a year or two. CTS, Is, and 3 will easily dominate over this. I love the side sculpting, but hate the head on view of the rear that shares cues with Altima and Maxima, it looks bloated. The interior is much improved, though conservative as well.

2nd MB copied the interior and bangle rear for the new Sclass

:pokeowned:

Daihatsu (Charade? :banghead: )is owned by Toyota, Datsun was the name Nissan under which first exported their vehicles to the USA. In the early 80s they dropped Datsun in favor of Nissan, which was a huge mistake on their part.

I like the new headlights, but I'd rather keep the rest of the old front end intact. The rear seems almost indentical, and the interior is also pretty similar.

The HVAC and radio controls look really cheap to me. If it was a GM interior, it'd be getting ripped.

Guest YellowJacket894

1st Datsun is now owned by Toyota...

W'hoa there, lil' man. Lets try to get our facts straight before we use that big cocaine mouth, 'kay?

does anyone else think the rear looks kind of bloated/low/swollen?

like the new eclipse? it just doesn't look right.

i'm a HUGE fan of the current G35coupe, but this is just a letdown

and the rear door curves weird.

nah, I like it, it's way better than the M...gawd that butt is ugly on that car. This looks pretty good too me. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dodgefan

:pokeowned:

Daihatsu (Charade?  :banghead: )is owned by Toyota, Datsun was the name Nissan under which first exported their vehicles to the USA.  In the early 80s they dropped Datsun in favor of Nissan, which was a huge mistake on their part.

funny for the past 5yrs I could've sworn Toyota owned Datsun. I wonder where I picked that up.