The New Infiniti G35

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... well if you're confusing Daihatsu and Datsun you probably

should not hold strong oppinions abotu the Automotive industry. :wink:

Focusedchaos:

I agree, I wish they had kept the Datsun name in the US market.

Here are more pics.  A complete interior pic.

Posted Image

Is that an idrive-style controller under the nav screen?

The interior's an improvement, but the exterior changes leave me cold. The sedan looks too bloated now, with too much of a mini M45 look, and the coupe looks like an Acura.

I like what they've done with it. They fixed the things that were wrong with the original (interior), and didn't mess around with what was great about the original (exterior). Nissan/Infiniti's ability to respond so effectively to criticism scores major points in my book. They're listening to what the critics and the consumers have to say, rather than telling them, "This is good enough, deal with it", as the domestics so often tend to do. Bravo!

I like what they've done with it. They fixed the things that were wrong with the original (interior), and didn't mess around with what was great about the original (exterior). Nissan/Infiniti's ability to respond so effectively to criticism scores major points in my book. They're listening to what the critics and the consumers have to say, rather than telling them, "This is good enough, deal with it", as the domestics so often tend to do. Bravo!

Agreed, each time they do a refresh/redesign they address complaints the previous model had. Like the interiors, and the Altima's big but, which looks much better now :lol:

Edited by Dodgefan

Nope its just you. I think they made it worse, it looks softened. Now it looks more like a Lexus, which I dont consider a good thing.

It's not just him, I like it better than teh current version, and I can easily tell it's an Infiniti, I'd never mistake it for a Lexus

For a major refresh, it's ok. It looks like they took the old sedan and added some of the coupe's elements to it. Overall, more successful than the new Lexus IS. I do hate the trend away from bodyside moldings.

It's not just him, I like it better than teh current version, and I can easily tell it's an Infiniti, I'd never mistake it for a Lexus

but uh... you also think this

Posted Image

looks better than this

Posted Image

end of story...

I think a lotta cars are better than the Monte Carlo...like the GTO or Charger. it doesn't take much :P (Sorry, I'm guessing you own own by your sig, but I just don't like them)

the only coupes that look worse are the eclipse, and solara. at least the monte carlo doesn't come last.

Just noticed something:

Posted Image

Posted Image

But I wholeheartedly believe that Toyota is the copyright infringer because this design for the G35 has existed quite a while, and the new one is merely a slight Banglization.

The previous-gen Avalon had the style, too.

Nope its just you. I think they made it worse, it looks softened. Now it looks more like a Lexus, which I dont consider a good thing.

Honestly now... Compare. The coupe was always the sexier of the two and the sedan is now more like the coupe. Definitely an improvement as I never really like the G35 sedan... just the coupe... as it was sexy unlike the sedan.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think you're crazy. :D

Edited by blackviper8891

Honestly now... Compare. The coupe was always the sexier of the two and the sedan is now more like the coupe. Definitely an improvement as I never really like the G35 sedan... just the coupe... as it was sexy unlike the sedan.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think you're crazy. :D

The Blue one looks better. That is the previous G35 right? The rear on the new one slopes more, the reason why I hate the G6 coupe so much.

the only coupes that look worse are the eclipse, and solara. at least the monte carlo doesn't come last.

Eclipse. Monte Carlo, Salora. See? Still not dead last. I Like the Eclipse, I clinda like the front end of the Salora up until teh end of the door. After that, it goes straight to hell. The Monte Carlo looks a little better with decent looking nose, but the rest is still meh.

Uh......it DOES......

Hah! See? I'm not the only one. If you ever see one in black, like I have, they look awesome.

That it does. However, niether of them are what you'd call beauty queens.

True....true.....true.....

But I have to admit that I do kinda like the look of the Eclipse coupe.

I do think, believe it or not, that it's a more coherent design than say the 350Z.....(which I'm no big fan of.....)

This "new" G35 looks a lot better in person than here in pixles as it may be.

I was pissed at Infiniti however that because of the debut of this car

they did not bring the G35 coupe concept. The rep said it would have

"upstaged" the restyled sedan's debut. No $hit Sherlock! That's why

it's an autoshow, I can see the frekin G35 sedna in Showrooms this

fall. But this was my ONE chance to see that breathtaking concept.

Damn It.

Datsun was never and will never be associated with Toyota. God I

hope not anyway. It's alwas been a different emblem for a Nissan

same as Infinitini is just a Nissan rebadge.

Infintis are not just "Nissan rebadges," and haven't been for some time. During the days of the I30, QX4, etc., sure. Not anymore (USDM). The only notable exception is the QX56, and thats understandable. The Z shares the basic platform with the G cars, but there's no rebadging there.

I'm not a fan of this new design...it's too heavy, too Japanese-romantic in design. But as some have said before, the rear is too heavy, and the stance isn't that great for a sports sedan - then again that's where BMW is heading.

I do like the Kuraza-inspired front end, the creativeness in the character line (although it could've been accentuated more), and the interior looks great. Hopefully the plastiluminum doesn't scratch as easily this go-round.

I really, really liked the previous G35 when it was introduced. It was a solid product with a solid design, conservative but original. This baby was not perfect, though. The interior was not deserving of its price. Additionally, (IMO) the surface execution, lighting units, and trim suffered the weak execution similar to Nissan products of its time (I can't really put my finger on it, but its something with the sheetmetal...looks like plastic without the tautness of German design). However, those gripes were few in comparison with the car's many strengths - power, design, aerodynamics, handling, and value.

I was hoping this new generation of G35 would address the weakness of the previous, which it seems to have. The interior looks alot better, and the materials appear to be of higher quality. The detailing of the lighting designs looks more jeweled and less plasticky. The sheetmetal looks less plasticky. But unfortunately, they did not make the car look more taut...it looks heavier, less integrated with its platform, similar to M35.

Edited by red

Yeah.  My dreams have been answered.  I hope they put ALOT of memory on the hardrive... 1gig, anyone?

9.5 Gigs actually

I'm not a fan of this new design...it's too heavy, too Japanese-romantic in design.  But as some have said before, the rear is too heavy, and the stance isn't that great for a sports sedan - then again that's where BMW is heading.

I do like the Kuraza-inspired front end, the creativeness in the character line (although it could've been accentuated more), and the interior looks great.  Hopefully the plastiluminum doesn't scratch as easily this go-round.

I really, really liked the previous G35 when it was introduced.  It was a solid product with a solid design, conservative but original. This baby was not perfect, though.  The interior was not deserving of its price.  Additionally, (IMO) the surface execution, lighting units, and trim suffered the weak execution similar to Nissan products of its time (I can't really put my finger on it, but its something with the sheetmetal...looks like plastic without the tautness of German design).  However, those gripes were few in comparison with the car's many strengths - power, design, aerodynamics, handling, and value.

I was hoping this new generation of G35 would address the weakness of the previous, which it seems to have.  The interior looks alot better, and the materials appear to be of higher quality.  The detailing of the lighting designs looks more jeweled and less plasticky.  The sheetmetal looks less plasticky.  But unfortunately, they did not make the car look more taut...it looks heavier, less integrated with its platform, similar to M35.

I disagree, I think the sheetmetal looks much tauter than the current model, and I think it looks more sporty and agressive, it also looks far better than the 3 Series IMO

I'm not a fan of this new design...it's too heavy, too Japanese-romantic in design.  But as some have said before, the rear is too heavy, and the stance isn't that great for a sports sedan - then again that's where BMW is heading.

I do like the Kuraza-inspired front end, the creativeness in the character line (although it could've been accentuated more), and the interior looks great.  Hopefully the plastiluminum doesn't scratch as easily this go-round.

I really, really liked the previous G35 when it was introduced.  It was a solid product with a solid design, conservative but original. This baby was not perfect, though.  The interior was not deserving of its price.  Additionally, (IMO) the surface execution, lighting units, and trim suffered the weak execution similar to Nissan products of its time (I can't really put my finger on it, but its something with the sheetmetal...looks like plastic without the tautness of German design).  However, those gripes were few in comparison with the car's many strengths - power, design, aerodynamics, handling, and value.

I was hoping this new generation of G35 would address the weakness of the previous, which it seems to have.  The interior looks alot better, and the materials appear to be of higher quality.  The detailing of the lighting designs looks more jeweled and less plasticky.  The sheetmetal looks less plasticky.  But unfortunately, they did not make the car look more taut...it looks heavier, less integrated with its platform, similar to M35.

Well, to each is own. I disagree with you. The car's skin is much more taught now. It's been lowered a few inches, and is a bit wider, for a much more aggressive stance. The look that you call heavy, I call substantial. Though I didn't think the last gen's headlamps looked "plasticky," I agrree that these are better. Infinit's made state of the art headlamps one of it's hallmarks, starting with the current Q. The ones found on this G look great, and will probably looks really impressive in person. As far as the interior, I think it'll be a huge leap forward; both in materials used and in fit and finish. I look fowrad to seeing the difference personally.

it's definitely substantial and more athletic than the last g. the last g has become so boring....i just can't look at it anymore, it just blends in so much and yet it tries but just fails miserably. the new one looks much much sportier and dynamic, while not straying from the original's design language. The side profile, well I just don't want to look at the old one, it's so...boring.

If it's 9.5 gigs, that's an incredible amount of memory (which is great). I'll be able to put thousands of cds on there without worrying about the memory getting full.

9.5 gigs would get you about 2500 songs in pretty crappy quality and aboue 2000 songs in good quality....so not quite thousands of CDs but a couple thousand songs at least. As for the car, I LOVE it....I liked the old generation a lot and the subtle changes they made make me want it even more.

The new G35 looks a little old-school Maserati Quattroporte-like-I think I like the old one better-but this is also my first time seeing this car-I prefer the new model's rear end though, as well as the Chevy Monte Carlo and Toyota Solara...on the other hand, I think the Mitsubishi Eclipse is ugly and not much better in person.

9.5 gigs would get you about 2500 songs in pretty crappy quality and aboue 2000 songs in good quality....so not quite thousands of CDs but a couple thousand songs at least.  As for the car, I LOVE it....I liked the old generation a lot and the subtle changes they made make me want it even more.

I stand corrected. I'd be perfectly happy with a few thousand songs at my fingertips. 8)