I like the interior a lot, the steering wheel and vents are very cool.

This is a predictable reskin, lacks any amount of IN YOUR FACE

originality but it does give the car a new lease on life. I hope

that the next gen. Maxima debuts by decade end wit RWD and

the Altima becomes fills the Camry-fighter segment for Nissan.

Nissan did a good job with this car. The design is more successful than the Maxima's. The upswept character line is one of my favorite design elements. The taillights may be a bit busy. The interior appears more functional than exciting. In the center stack, the controls are placed high where they are more reachable.

I'd like to see another version of the interior--lighter colors, wood trim.  I'm sure it'll be available.

A tan interior is currently available so a lighter color has to be coming with the new one. I am not so sure about wood trim, though. It would surprise me.

A tan interior is currently available so a lighter color has to be coming with the new one.  I am not so sure about wood trim, though.  It would surprise me.

Why be surprised? Wood is offered on the current Altima (albeit, faux), and will be offered on the 2007 Sentra. It would be stupid to not offer it again.

A tan interior is currently available so a lighter color has to be coming with the new one.  I am not so sure about wood trim, though.  It would surprise me.

The current Altima offers it:

Posted Image

The preview pics don't show if the 07 does or doesn't... But I do agree it would be smart not to offer it. I just don't think it would look any metter in the 07 than it did in the current gen. Nissans just don't look very good with wood trim.

The current Altima offers it:

Posted Image

The preview pics don't show if the 07 does or doesn't... But I do agree it would be smart not to offer it. I just don't think it would look any metter in the 07 than it did in the current gen. Nissans just don't look very good with wood trim.

My mistake. I have never seen an Altima with wood trim and, judging by that photo, I don't think I do. I guess Nissan's "image" makes wood trim seem weird. Even Infiniti, to an extent.

My mistake.  I have never seen an Altima with wood trim and, judging by that photo, I don't think I do.  I guess Nissan's "image" makes wood trim seem weird.  Even Infiniti, to an extent.

Well, I wouldn't go that far... Infinitis can have very warm interiors. :)

And I like the little touch of wood in the 2007... it looks nice. I think they'd be able to pull it off in the Altima if it doesn't look so God-aweful like it does in the above picture.

Very true.  Their interiors can look awesome when they use the Rosewood trim.

Yes... I wish the Infiniti website had better images of their interiors.

Speaking of Infiniti interiors, I sat in an M45 at a car show a couple weeks ago..loved the interior design, and the wood was great...low gloss, looked very realistic.

Yeah. That's the direction they've gone in all of there cars with the wood interiors. They's a natural, matte finish to the Rosewood they use. I think it's a good way for them to seperate themselves from the other lux makes, who all use a high gloss finish to their woods.

i am not joking here....are the front and rear bumper covers the same as the maxima?

this is a very thorough RESKIN.

that rear pic has a little bit of a Bonneville flavor to it in the flare over the rear wheel

Posted Image

What are you talking about? There's not evena hint of Bonnie in the Altima...If there's a hint of anything it's of the last gen Altima.

This car's not a reskin.  All new next gen.

Correct

the flare/bulge of the rear fender and the angle / shape of the rear greenhouse has some of the same flow and character of the way the Bonne's rear glass and fender bulge go. The ass end is quite different but the 'pulled and bulged' look and proportion of the rear of the car has some of the same look.

I have a hard time believing based upon pictures that this is an all new platform and safety structure. I will need to see wheelbase specs before I say for sure, but i bet $$$$ the floorpan is the same as is the suspension and engine bay structure. The fenders of course all look new but too similar to the existing Maxima and Altima (just puffed up). The door side glass looks damn close to almost the same, which suggests to me the crash safety cage around the passenger compartment has the same structure but maybe they were able to tweak the side glass just enough, ala BLS/9-3 to get just a vaguely different look.

the flare/bulge of the rear fender and the angle / shape of the rear greenhouse has some of the same flow and character of the way the Bonne's rear glass and fender bulge go.  The ass end is quite different but the 'pulled and bulged' look and proportion of the rear of the car has some of the same look.

I have a hard time believing based upon pictures that this is an all new platform and safety structure.  I will need to see wheelbase specs before I say for sure, but i bet $$$$ the floorpan is the same as is the suspension and engine bay structure.  The fenders of course all look new but too similar to the existing Maxima and Altima (just puffed up).  The door side glass looks damn close to almost the same, which suggests to me the crash safety cage around the passenger compartment has the same structure but maybe they were able to tweak the side glass just enough, ala BLS/9-3 to get just a vaguely different look.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=110046