Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

I like it. I always like the Max's rear. The only thing that has changed is the lower bumper, between the tailpipes. The basically revised (fixed) the front, and got rid of that awful tooth. The interior's beautiful, IMO. Simple, rich looking. I love the looks of both the wood and metal variations. I'd take this over Avalon, Azera, or 500 in a heartbeat.

The front end look's sweet. I still hate the rear-end. If it had something radical yet beautiful like the Altima's rear lights, it would be a seller.

Does this compete with the Fusion?

No. The Altima competes with the Fusion/Camry/Sonata. This competes with the next step up; 500/Avalon/Azera, respectively.

You don't really get a good idea of what the exterior looks like because the angles the pictures were taken from are so extreme.  Really like the interior though.

Agreed. It's needs some real world angles. Not bird's eye angles...

what's with the long skinny sunroof? I would think that would just be annoying. I have a sunroof in my car, and I have to cover it much of mid-day so the sunlight doesn't mess with me through my periferal (sp?) vision. Or is it super-tinted? Just seems like a novelty rather than something that would have much function.

Wow that interior wood piece looks awful.

You think so. I think it looks great. Also, it looks real. We'll find out with the official press releaes, but I think it's real. Much nicer than the $h! found in the Avalon, IMHO.

Another ugly Nissan 3-spoke. And the tampon glass in the roof is irritating. Still, not bad overall, especially since they did some dental work on the front. Yee-gods that tooth looked bad.

Really? I've always liked Nissan's 3-Spoke steering wheels. You want ugly 3-spoke? Here's what's in my car (tho this isn't an actual photo of mine). :P

Posted Image

I agree with the tooth, thank god the dentists had their way with it.

There's no good view of the only thing worthwhile that changed [aside from interior], the front end. It needed work, though the rear still looks bloated and ugly to me. The interior still sorta screams Nissan quality to me, and that to me is below Honda and Toyota. Especially with all the high gloss plastics everywhere. The styling is nice inside however.

The XLR style headlights are the biggest change? :huh::rolleyes:

I think the Maxima needs ot return to it's roots.

I'm not holding my breath for an inline 6 like the

one in my '84 but RWD woujld be a start. The

next gen. Maxima should be a rebadge fo the

outgoing G35 sedan & maybe they can make a

coupe too... kind of a for passanger 350Z.

The quirky styling, FWD, V6 & lack of a fully

manual trans make the current Maxima very

unapealing. Yet I love my 1984 more than

many Domestic cars form the era.

Compared to teh Avalon, 500, Azera, and Lucerne? I think it's awesome. NO wood for me though, I'll take teh aluminum (which, even if it isn't,  looks real)

The Maxima doesn't really compete with those cars, IMO. I realize it's basically int he same class, but those are all focused on driver comfort and the Maxima focuses on performance.

I agree the front looks like the old Altima, and what's with the square block in the middle of the grill?

Really? I've always liked Nissan's 3-Spoke steering wheels. You want ugly 3-spoke? Here's what's in my car (tho this isn't an actual photo of mine). :P

Posted Image

Yeah, but that's, what, 1988?

This is yet another horrible Nissan 3-spoke:

Posted Image

I agree the front looks like the old Altima, and what's with the square block in the middle of the grill?

Oh yeah. It IS still there, just blacked out. God, you suck Nissan.

The Maxima doesn't really compete with those cars, IMO. I realize it's basically int he same class, but those are all focused on driver comfort and the Maxima focuses on performance.

So why do all those boast more power. FYI under the new SAE standard power drops from 265-255 hp, an torque from 255-152 lb-ft. Avalon? 268 hp, Azera 263 hp. The 500 and Lucerne, OK, one is a cheap family car, not a premium sedan, and the other is a much bigger grösser limousine.

So why do all those boast more power. FYI under the new SAE standard power drops from 265-255 hp, an torque from 255-152 lb-ft. Avalon? 268 hp, Azera 263 hp. The 500 and Lucerne, OK, one is a cheap family car, not a premium sedan, and the other is a much bigger grösser limousine.

Well, up until recently they didn't have as much power, and they all just seem to be focused on ride comfort rather than performance. You don't see commercials of Avalons, Azeras, 500s, or Lucernces being hustled around like you do in Maxima commercials.

Interesting... so Nissan is throwing CVTs into all of its cars? The 2007 Sentra, Altima, Maxima and Murano will have it. Not a fan of how they feel.

That 'wood' has to be fake- looks awful. I don't like how the entire dash is 'dropped down' from the windshield or the cheap-looking font on the gauges.

How is the current maxima doing sales-wise: still an argument for too much overlap between the altima 3.5 and infiniti?