Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Checked out the Target near my office after work tonite...found the red IROC-Z, the green '73 Firebird (sweet), the recolor of the '70 Camaro race car in red, a repaint of the '68 El Camino in purple now w/ a tonneau cover, the Aventador, and the Estoque recolored in dk blue...

Cool finds, Cubical. The '68 El Camino was also offered in Black/Gold and Orange/Black that way in 2011 (I bought the purple one recently too, for my daughter). I'll have to visit my local Target over the weekend and look for the '73 Firebird and IROC-Z Camaro - also want to find the police version of the 2010 Camaro SS (original release is in white, second release will be in blue):

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/Library/ImageViewer/?source=sneaks&nid=null&cid=null&smid=null&ContentType=SneakPeek-HWC&sid=3415

BTW, a new repaint for the recently released '64 Chevelle (first color was red):

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/Library/ImageViewer/?source=sneaks&nid=null&cid=null&smid=null&ContentType=SneakPeek-HWC&sid=3416

This one is out now...

6698537689_9293194394_z.jpg

That is just awesome. I loved the '80s Camaro IROC-Z's, and wanted one until I fell for the Trans Am GTA offering. Can't wait to get this red one, and I wonder what the 2nd issue repaint color will be?

BTW, any news on 2012 Matchbox releases to share with us?

I've only found 1 interesting '12 Matchbox repaint--a repaint of the '68 Mustang CS. Matchbox is going to focus on more garish kid-oriented models (construction vehicles, etc) and fantasy vehicles is what I've read. Saw a repaint of the '63 Caddy Ambulance as a surf wagon, but didn't care for the color scheme.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

• 3 weeks later...

The Mustang MB is coming out in lime green now. Its in single pack, but not widely available yet.

found it. bought it. I'd rather a different color though.

Last year it was available in silver w/ a black stripe.

The Mustang MB is coming out in lime green now. Its in single pack, but not widely available yet.

yeah i think that's the one in the 10-pack. I thought it looked light blue though.

yeah i think that's the one in the 10-pack. I thought it looked light blue though.

The silver was a single, the 10 pack car looks like dark blue w/ a white stripe (looking at pics on ebay). I have the silver one and the green one. Maybe they will do a High Country Special in bright red or white.

i never saw the dark blue/white one! ooh, that may have made buying the 10-pack worth it.

Maybe it's lighter than I thought...kind of a medium blue..

ebay auction 190636159682 is a loose one from the 10 pack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATCHBOX-MUSTANG-GT-CS-BLUE-10-PACK-EXCLUSIVE-NO-HANDLING-FEES-ANY-ITEM-2-S-H-/190636159682?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item2c62ccf2c2#ht_532wt_1001

• 2 months later...

I also saw a MB ten pack with a black CTS coupe in it; license plate says "Stealth." The pack was labeled "First editions," so I'm assuming that means all the cars in that pack are new.

Anybody know if that CTS is available as a single anywhere? It doesn't matter what color it is; I'm planning on Frankensteining it into a V coupe, so the paint will likely get stripped anyway (I'm painting it black myself).

Edited by Turbojett

I also saw a MB ten pack with a black CTS coupe in it; license plate says "Stealth." The pack was labeled "First editions," so I'm assuming that means all the cars in that pack are new.

Anybody know if that CTS is available as a single anywhere? It doesn't matter what color it is; I'm planning on Frankensteining it into a V coupe, so the paint will likely get stripped anyway (I'm painting it black myself).

The CTS coupe was out as a single last year in silver, don't know if there have been any single recolors yet. The CTS-V wagon has been out in red.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the Hot Wheels Hot Ones silver '84 Hurst Olds today (sweet) along w/ a Hot Ones '83 Chevy pickup (blue w/ stripes) and a gray and black V8 Vega in the Boulevard series.

Also recently found the Hot Ones '82 Firebird in met. red & gold, Hot Ones blue '78 442....and from the Boulevard series, the orange w/ white roof '68 Firebird, dk blue w/ black roof '69 Camaro w/ redlines, blue w/ white roof '68 Cutlass, and orange '70 GTO Judge...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An upcoming release of the Hot Ones will have a reissue of the bustleback Seville. I hope its got normal paint.

Oh my freekin' goodness, me, too! I get tired of the "weird" paint jobs some of these cars get. For instance, the 1986 MC SS (HW) had a NORMAL paint job in its first incarnation. Then, all of a sudden, all of these weird jobs came. Same for the 1970 MC, too.

*sighs*

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"We go through life so sure of where we're headed" __ Brad Paisley __ 'Find Yourself'

• 1 month later...