Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gizhost

Subaru BRZ Chop

9 posts in this topic

I'll admit, that's the fascia I was initially expecting. I'm not let down by the production car, though.

Good job, Giz, nice clean chop. I prefer the factory version though.

Nicely done. Gives me a little vibe of Scirrrrroccccoooo upfront, but otherwise well within Subaru's brand.

Talking about badge engineering, the three vehicles are perfect example yet no one in media is clamorously claiming such.

I like the chop, but I also prefer the production version.

I do like the blacked-out vent panel though.

Thanks for the kind word guys, pretty consistent comments by those who have seen it though. Hopefully since it appears that most people really like the look of the production vehicle it will sell well for Subaru.

Nicely done. Gives me a little vibe of Scirrrrroccccoooo upfront, but otherwise well within Subaru's brand.

Talking about badge engineering, the three vehicles are perfect example yet no one in media is clamorously claiming such.

That is my main issue with the twins...if this were a GM, Ford or Chrysler product, even an excellent one, most American enthusiasts and automotive journalist would subject the vehicles to more badge engineering criticism than hours in the day. However you'd be hard pressed to get any more literal when it comes to the term badge engineering than this.

Also after someone said it looked like a Jetta...I thought to myself...I don't think it looks as much like a Jetta as it does a Scirocco which was not what I was going for but I do agree :P

Edited by Gizhost

I have to say, I did prefer the rear end on the BRZ concept to the one it has in production (same goes for the Toyota)

Subaru-BRZ-STI-Concept-Wallpaper-2-600x401.jpg