Sign in to follow this  
Derek77

Ford Recalling 135,365 SUVs for Safety Adjustment

13 posts in this topic

hahaha Fix Or Recall Daily... :deadhorse:

Time to trade up for an Chevrolet Equinox or Pontiac Torrent. Get out that ol POS :lol:

hahaha Fix Or Recall Daily...

Time to trade up for an Chevrolet Equinox or Pontiac Torrent. Get out that ol POS

What exactly makes them a POS? Please explain it to me with your infinite wisdom. :rolleyes:

I love it when people bash Ford vehicles, yet have nothing really to say other than "it's a POS." Typical knee-jerk reaction to anything with a blue oval.

Edit: I just realized I'm dealing with the same guy that thinks a Pontiac G6 can whoop on a BMW... :lol:

Edited by mustang84

What exactly makes them a POS?  Please explain it to me with your infinite wisdom.  :rolleyes:

I love it when people bash Ford vehicles, yet have nothing really to say other than "it's a POS."  Typical knee-jerk reaction to anything with a blue oval.

Edit: I just realized I'm dealing with the same guy that thinks a Pontiac G6 can whoop on a BMW... :lol:

Dude, get out on the internet. There are Ford horror stories all over the place. 3.8 issues in the Taurus and Windbag, I mean Windstar Trany issues with those and the F-series trucks. My buddy once changed the bed of his F-150 and found that 2 of the bolts on ther right side were NS and two of them on the left were metric! Another friend of mine went to buy a Ranger pickup and 5 of them on the lot had "XLT" badges on one side and "XL" on the other. This is supposed to be quality? Don't think so.

Besides, this IS a GM site right? Anything else is second best IMO. If you Ford guys actually thought it out and read up on the internet forums, you would find that GM products are always going to be more reliable and have fewer quality issues. Look who's at the top of JD power? Not Ford...

Ford interiors are very nice, but I think GM interiors have been top notch for a very long time. And complaints are far and few between unless you rely on Auto rags for an opinion...

BTW, no offense to you Mustang84, you like Fords, great. If you start defending the $h!ty imports though :nono:

Don't mess with the G6 man. BMW is an overated waste of space, even the grill design is a ripoff of Pontiac :angry:

BMW doesn't make a vehicle that I would have the displeasure of owning. I'll take my Pontiac thank you very much. At least it'll be reliable and helps out our fellow Americans.

BMW helps out the US economy as much as a warehouse full of Bratwurst.

First of all, some complaints on the internet do NOT represent every vehicle the company has sold in the last decade or so. If I came in here and said that I have an Impala and that the engine blew up, the transmission fell out and the brake rotors were installed backwards, everyone would know that it was an isolated incident and that not every Impala will have those things happen. And believing everything you hear on the internet is retarded.

Secondly, BMW's grille has evolved for decades, as has Pontiac's. One didn't really rip the other off, they just made similar design evolutions.

Thirdly, you're an idiot.

First of all, some complaints on the internet do NOT represent every vehicle the company has sold in the last decade or so.  If I came in here and said that I have an Impala and that the engine blew up, the transmission fell out and the brake rotors were installed backwards, everyone would know that it was an isolated incident and that not every Impala will have those things happen.  And believing everything you hear on the internet is retarded.

Secondly, BMW's grille has evolved for decades, as has Pontiac's.  One didn't really rip the other off, they just made similar design evolutions.

Thirdly, you're an idiot.

Well, I wouldn't expect that kind of thing to happen on a GM vehicle <_< On a Ford though...

As far as being an idiot, Call me names all you want. Doesn't bother me. If I drove an import, you could call me an idiot all you want. I would deserve it. :lol:

i just want to know if someone from the gm board, york or maybe wagoner himself beat you with a hose?

im a fan of pontiacs but when they started using all that cladding it tested the limits of my taste...no i didnt like it. so whats your deal, why such a devotion and inflated sense of superiority regardless of unassailable facts.

maybe someone should take you out back and beat you with a hose, knock some sense into you. thats not a threat but honestly man, pull your head out yer arse.

:scratchchin:

riddle me this....

my 1987 Lincoln Mark VII with 160k on the clock has had no major issues at any given point in its life (had the front airbags replaced at 120k, some other minor stuff around 140, and the PS at 158)

my room mates 1996 S 10 4 cylinder has just gone in for a total overhaul. it was running on 2 cylinders, the entire exhaust is rotted out, the steering rack and all has had to be replaced, and every bushing and strut on the damn thing is shot at a hair over 80k miles. oh, and its on its 3rd heater core. Did I mention that my 2 ton luxury coupe gets far better gas mileage, driven roughly equal?

If I were to take these two isolated examples and blindly proclaim them to be congruent with every other ford (lincoln, w/e) versus every other chevrolet, wouldn't that be just a smidge retarded?

It's blind hatred towards other manufacturers that almost makes me not wanna talk to people about cars. granted, 3.8 fords blow headgaskets like no tommorow. granted the fwd ford autos (the aod's, specifically) suck quite much, and the rwd ones can go at the drop of a hat if you dont replace the throttle body valve bushing with the copper one. On the flip side of that, have you ever heard of the DOHC 3.4? how about 8-6-4? Crossfire Injection? Optispark? Heater Cores in S-10s and S-10 Blazers?

Every manufacturer EVER will have their own little notorious design flaws. thats what add character

Every manufacturer EVER will have their own little notorious design flaws. thats what add character

"Character"? Is that your word for it? I call it stress. LOL :lol:

BTW, nice car--always been a fan of the Mark VII and VIII (especially its last year!)

thanks, this is actually my second one. and I'm only 19! its just a car that managed t oget done right in an era where so much was getting done wrong.

DID YOU KNOW...

in 1984 and 1985 they offered a BMW turbo diesel in the Mark VIIs and Continentals? The Mark VII was also the first american car with flush mounted headlights and 4 wheel antilock with discs (beat the corvette by 6 months). ALSO, the 1993 Mark VIII was a strong candidate for a nascar entry, and even had a prototype made. not sure if thats the market Lincoln was going for, but whatever...

Following proper maintainance schedules is a big part of longevity in cars, I think...a poorly maintained car is more likely to have problems at higher miles than one that has been maintained properly..

All right, from a parts guy standpoint......and I feel that I am qualified to speak on this issue (3 years at Autozone, 7 months at CarQuest after fallings out with higher management at AZ). Overall, there are more parts bought for FoMoCo vehicles and imports from my store than GM OR DCX.....I'm not sure why, but for some reason 8 times out of 10, if I get a call from one of my shops, this is the rough breakdown of cars I hear about in order of most to least: FoMoCo, Toyota (includes Lexus), Honda Includes Acura), Kia, Hyundai, DCX, and GM...... Now of course, this is the south I'm talking about so there are a heck of a lot more domestics around here than imports I know, but it still shows something when you're selling parts day in and day out and you see more going out the door for FoMoCo than everyone else.

And I'm not hating on Fords, I know a ton of people that have them and don't have problem number one out of them just as much as I know people with GM's and they've had nothing but problems. Every vehicle has hiccups....its the major reason why we bitch about them is their shortfalls.

Edited by 76ChevyTrucker

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this