William Maley

Ford News: Detroit 2012: Thanks Internet For Releasing More Pictures Of The Fusion

27 posts in this topic

William Maley

Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

January 8, 2011

Breaking embargos before an autoshow is the norm and the Detroit show is no different. Joining alongside the Mercedes-Benz SL and Dodge Dart is the new Ford Fusion. A Czech website Auto Forum have gotten two pictures of the new Fusion before its debut at Detroit.

The pictures, while a bit pixelated, reveal how much infulence the Ford Evos concept had on the overall design. From the hexagonal grille, front headlights, fog lamps, and lower air inlet, the front end of the new Fusion shares many components with the concept.

We'll learn more about the new Fusion tommrow morning at the Detroit Auto Show.

Source: Auto Fourm

Click here to view the article

Wow. Very sleek with great details and a dash of sport. I can't wait to see the side profile, rear, interior and specs. Do you think we'll see all this at midnight tongight or will we have to wait till tomorrow morning?

I prefer the Malibu front end, the Fusion to me is a bit ugly. Need more photos in and out.

2013_ford_fusion_f34_12-de-as_113111_717.jpg

2013_ford_fusion_prf_12-de-as_113115_717.jpg

2013_ford_fusion_r34_12-de-as_113112_717.jpg

2013_ford_fusion_fint_12-de-as_113112_717.jpg

That's gorgeous! Love the slender headlamps, the low, long look, the Aston Martin-esque grill, the whole thing inside and out looks awesome.

I officially retract my earlier statement. This thing does not dither with past glory, it forges ahead, and looks fantastic doing it. Best looking Ford sedan in many a moon.

http://jalopnik.com/...on-first-photos

Hot dayum that looks $15K more expensive than every other midsize family sedan on the market. It rivals the A6 in design, IMO.

In profile, the greenhouse reminds me a lot of the A7...

http://jalopnik.com/...on-first-photos

Hot dayum that looks $15K more expensive than every other midsize family sedan on the market. It rivals the A6 in design, IMO.

In profile, the greenhouse reminds me a lot of the A7...

I really do like the interior now that I've seen it. It's definitely a cut above the Malibu interior and not like anything else in the segment. Not digging the exterior, maybe thoughts will change when seen in person but I have to say that it just seems derivative of a bunch of other cars (Jag XF, Audi A7, Aston, etc) to me for some reason. Perhaps not unoriginal or uninspired for a Ford, but not exactly sitting quite right either.

Looks good, the grille is a big change from current Fords, so that is a little odd, but it looks nice all around. The 47/44 mpg hybrid is awesome, that blows away the competition. Odd that they have both a 2.5 liter four and an ecoboost 1.6 with the same power, they could just offer one or the other, plus the 2.0 Ecoboost.

They previewed this grille w/ the Focus Electric..very similar.

The previous-gen Focus sedan I sawr today made me think... "ocn, that is a mild preview of the new Fusion... sort of the embryo, if you will!"

I will say, if what I've read and seen here is accurate, that'll "wow" people and get TONS in the showroom. This is definitely a step above what's out there. It's amazing that your average midsize sedan today is like a luxury car from 10 years ago. It definitely has my attention. It's hard to look away from my Buick, but if I could get the same quiet, smooth ride out of one, I'd have a hard time saying no.

That said, it's not "love it" to me. Not an enormous fan of the grille nor the interior. The interior is very nice, but I'm more conservative in my style preference.

This smokes anything in the class currently out there or upcoming based on looks. The only negative I can see is that it will be too popular!

Will be interesting to see how the mags compare it with the new Malibu. One thing I noticed--the Fusion went from a 107.x inch wheelbase to a 112.x inch wheelbase for the new generation, while the Malibu did just the opposite--112.x to 107.x..I think that will prove to be a mistake for Chevy. The new Malibu looks pretty cramped in the back, and the rear door openings seem pretty narrow in person. What is interesting is the new Malibu is actually 0.2 inches longer than the new Fusion, despite the nearly 5 inch difference in wheelbase (longer front overhang?)

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Will be interesting to see how the mags compare it with the new Malibu. One thing I noticed--the Fusion went from a 107.x inch wheelbase to a 112.x inch wheelbase for the new generation, while the Malibu did just the opposite--112.x to 107.x..I think that will prove to be a mistake for Chevy. The new Malibu looks pretty cramped in the back, and the rear door openings seem pretty narrow in person.

I agree with you, I think shrinking the length and the back seat room will be a negative for Chevy.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead