Sign in to follow this  
saturnd00d

Mazda MX-5 review

Full article: http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/advice/st...=home&pos=Edit1

I find this review rather unfair to the solstice. Such low-blows and cheap shots like:

ex.1

"The quick and simple folding fabric top, a Miata hallmark, has been made quicker and simpler. It's much easier now to grab it from its folded position and pull it straight forward into place. One central windshield header catch replaces the former two.

Pontiac Solstice, please copy - immediately…"

ex.2

"Executive summary - it remains the best sports car value you can find, and don't believe a word of any comparison test between the new Miata and Solstice that even hints otherwise"

Remind me again why this guy won't let people decide for themselves?

and ...ex.3

"I don't wish to beat a dead horse, but contrast that to the Solstice, with its sluggish performance, numb steering, coarse engine, scary wet-weather handling, that ridiculous trunk and silly cheap-pup-tent roof"

What are your thoughts/opinions on this?

Edited by saturnd00d

Full article:  http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/advice/st...=home&pos=Edit1

I find this review rather unfair to the solstice. Such low-blows and cheap shots like:

ex.1

"The quick and simple folding fabric top, a Miata hallmark, has been made quicker and simpler. It's much easier now to grab it from its folded position and pull it straight forward into place. One central windshield header catch replaces the former two.

Pontiac Solstice, please copy - immediately…"

ex.2

"Executive summary - it remains the best sports car value you can find, and don't believe a word of any comparison test between the new Miata and Solstice that even hints otherwise"

Remind me again why this guy won't let people decide for themselves?

and ...ex.3

"I don't wish to beat a dead horse, but contrast that to the Solstice, with its sluggish performance, numb steering, coarse engine, scary wet-weather handling, that ridiculous trunk and silly cheap-pup-tent roof"

What are your thoughts/opinions on this?

He's totally right about the Miata's top being MUCH simpler to drop and erect compared to Solstice's "cheap-pup-tent roof"......also the fit-and-finish of the Solstice soft-top is pitiful in comparison.

He's also right about the "ridiculous" trunk. If you guys have never gone and looked at a Miata's trunk IN PERSON and then compared it to Solstice's....you'll see exactly what he's talking about. Miata's is much bigger and what space IS there is much more usable.

I'm sorry but who buys a car like these for a trunk anyways? For me, it would be all about the twisties with the open top.

It's not the facts that he's pointing out, such as the roof or trunk tidbits, but its how he puts it that grinds my gears.

I'm sorry but who buys a car like these for a trunk anyways? For me, it would be all about the twisties with the open top.

It's not the facts that he's pointing out, such as the roof or trunk tidbits, but its how he puts it that grinds my gears.

Okay....in this case, I AM going to :deadhorse: because I've bitched and moaned alot about this.....

Take Solstice's severe lack of trunk space (especially with the top down...)

Say you are going to take a weekend trip.....well, if you plan on taking ANY luggage with you for overnight stays....well, you certainly won't be able to take the trip WITH THE TOP DOWN.

Who wants to go on a fun weekend trip in their convertible ONLY to have to drive it all the way with the top up so that you can fit your small roller bag in the trunk?

THAT just totally DEFEATS the reason for having a fun convertible in the first place.

Okay what about driving your fun convertible around town on the weekend running errands, shopping, whatever you have to do?

Well....if you are going to take the Solstice, will have to tool around town with the top UP...because your shopping and groceries won't fit into the trunk unless you keep it raised.

Of course.....you can put luggage and shopping and groceries in the passenger seat and drive with the top down.....but....OOOOPS.....then you can't take anyone with you.....!

Miata's larger and more useful trunk allows you to do all the above....and so does a C6 convertible by the way.....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook