That will buff right out.

Mayhaps the tree grew around it and elevated it as it grew. :)

And thanks, Chris. I had fun in that little car right up until that moment. And today I was almost in a head-on collision in my Jeep. Some Spainish kids in a clapped-out Civic went to pass a Jeep Liberty that was turning right heading toward me on a two-lane. They pulled out blind directly into my path. I had to slam on the brakes and came within 3 feet of hitting them head-on.

I myself also have stupid close calls all of the time...people are idiotic when it comes to cars.

Glad your okay, Blu!

4corvette_062402_07.jpg

Not many '61 Corvettes left running around, and some dingus drops it off a carrier truck?! HEADS WILL ROLL FOR THIS!!!

Yes they will...at first I thought it was a 62, but it has contrasting coves.

Narrow white walls were first offered in 62 IIRC...so this car should have/should have had widw whites IIRC.

4corvette_062402_07.jpg

Not many '61 Corvettes left running around, and some dingus drops it off a carrier truck?! HEADS WILL ROLL FOR THIS!!!

Yes they will...at first I thought it was a 62, but it has contrasting coves.

Narrow white walls were first offered in 62 IIRC...so this car should have/should have had widw whites IIRC.

well it wasn't the color of the coves that gave it away for me as much as the inner trim:

DSC_3573A_a.jpg

vs

DSC_8291A_a.jpg

I had thought in the past I had seen '62's with color contrast coves, but I suppose they were custom jobs.

• 7 months later...

no blood at all in the Merc.

was someone trying to out run the paparazzi in the Stingray?

Looks like blood on the right rear door window, right by the front seat in the 2nd pic..

I guess the Stingray driver exceeded his skills on a winding road and lost it...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Looks like blood on the right rear door window, right by the front seat in the 2nd pic..

I guess the Stingray driver exceeded his skills on a winding road and lost it...

Where did you find the additional photo's? The link posted only shows the one photo.

Where did you find the additional photo's? The link posted only shows the one photo.

I was referring to the wrecked Grand Marquis in Drew's post--2 pics. As for the Stingray, there are 2 pics at one site (Jalopnik? not sure where I saw it)--but the 2nd is just an closeup of the first focused on the door and quarter panel...hard to tell in the pic if the door is open or the outer skin is loose..

I was referring to the wrecked Grand Marquis in Drew's post--2 pics. As for the Stingray, there are 2 pics at one site (Jalopnik? not sure where I saw it)--but the 2nd is just an closeup of the first focused on the door and quarter panel...hard to tell in the pic if the door is open or the outer skin is loose..

Got it, Yes it does look like a bloody hand print on the Grand Marquis, I would have to think that someone was seriously injured unless they were drunk and just squished out of the way.

To me it looks like the door is open due to what looks like the inside edge, but then it could be the panel popped. Either way, I cannot believe someone did this to a new car. Silly Engineers.