Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

That will buff right out.

On 5/15/2018 at 4:01 PM, dfelt said:

Looks like it is a Ford product...no loss to humanity.

On 5/24/2018 at 2:57 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

That really saddens me.  There is a Model-A in my family for probably longer than that which will eventually come to me. 

It saddens me also. They are going to try to rebuild what is there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to say that this is just way to funny to hear the husbands wife sailor mouth what happens. They were clearly looking around and NOT paying attention to their own auto warning.

Speaking of Teslas, the 2nd Model 3 I saw (about 2 weeks ago) was almost in an accident when I saw it..the Millennial woman driving it was preoccupied w/ the touch screen and was drifting toward the lane divider as she was passing me...(I was in the center lane of a 3 lane freeway section)...I sat on the horn and she looked up before driving into the barrier...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Speaking of Teslas, the 2nd Model 3 I saw (about 2 weeks ago) was almost in an accident when I saw it..the Millennial woman driving it was preoccupied w/ the touch screen and was drifting toward the lane divider as she was passing me...(I was in the center lane of a 3 lane freeway section)...I sat on the horn and she looked up before driving into the barrier...

I totally hate the Tesla 3 center screen only just like the Prius and every other cheap ass car that thinks a center mounted screen is good enough. HUD should be a requirement in auto's like this.

16 hours ago, dfelt said:

I have to say that this is just way to funny to hear the husbands wife sailor mouth what happens. They were clearly looking around and NOT paying attention to their own auto warning.

I long for the good old days, when the only people embarrassing themselves on the internet or public TV were the trailer trash rednecks getting pulled out of cars on those stupid ride along with a cop cable TV shows.  Now that the entire population is revealing they are really just as moronic stupidity is becoming a banality rather than a curiosity. 

9 hours ago, dfelt said:

I totally hate the Tesla 3 center screen only just like the Prius and every other cheap ass car that thinks a center mounted screen is good enough. HUD should be a requirement in auto's like this.

So an additional government mandate will make cars more interesting? 

46 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I long for the good old days, when the only people embarrassing themselves on the internet or public TV were the trailer trash rednecks getting pulled out of cars on those stupid ride along with a cop cable TV shows.  Now that the entire population is revealing they are really just as moronic stupidity is becoming a banality rather than a curiosity. 

So an additional government mandate will make cars more interesting? 

Agree on the Banality of the population, just head shaking.

No not a mandate, just wish the auto companies would think about where they have the people look. Want to only offer a center stack screen fine, but their eyes should be straight ahead. Like GM did with Day Time running lights that are a great safety improvement to driving but never gov mandated that I know of as then everyone would have them and they do not. I just wish HUD was on all auto's as I think it would keep people paying attention to their real job. Driving safely.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Agree on the Banality of the population, just head shaking.

No not a mandate, just wish the auto companies would think about where they have the people look. Want to only offer a center stack screen fine, but their eyes should be straight ahead. Like GM did with Day Time running lights that are a great safety improvement to driving but never gov mandated that I know of as then everyone would have them and they do not. I just wish HUD was on all auto's as I think it would keep people paying attention to their real job. Driving safely.

Regulation can indeed be a good ting. Seat belts were resisted when I believe it was Ford (Balthazar, are you out there?) first brought them out in 56.

How many lives have been saved by seat belts?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Seat belts were resisted when I believe it was Ford (Balthazar, are you out there?) first brought them out in 56.

Correct: Ford offered them in '56, ran a 'safety' oriented advertising campaign but the take rate was pretty low (I have not seen any figures). They are listed way in the back of the '57 brochure, and one illustration of the interior shows belted occupants, but there is zero prose touting them in the brochure for '57.

1956:
1956+Seatbelts.jpg

img2319_41825.jpg

1957:

n_1957 Ford Custom-10-11.jpg

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 1

I know I complain about the new stuff they build but I love the vintage stuff. I also have an odd fetish for four door sedans...

That 57 Ford makes me very happy!

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I know I complain about the new stuff they build but I love the vintage stuff. I also have an odd fetish for four door sedans...

Lol...my Ford 4dr 'fetish' is for '69-72s, followed by '73-78s.    Especially the police trim Customs, Custom 500s and Galaxie 500s.  But I also like the LTDs and LTD Broughams.   I like the clean, crisp lines and interesting dash designs of that era.  

images-21.jpeg

1971-custom-500-1.jpg

1971-Ford-Galaxie-PI-2-e1510021567522-630x420.jpg

i798433.jpg

pdvd0384dh.8362.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Lol...my Ford 4dr 'fetish' is for '69-72s, followed by '73-78s.    Especially the police trim Customs, Custom 500s and Galaxie 500s.  But I also like the LTDs and LTD Broughams.   I like the clean, crisp lines and interesting dash designs of that era.  

images-21.jpeg

1971-custom-500-1.jpg

1971-Ford-Galaxie-PI-2-e1510021567522-630x420.jpg

i798433.jpg

pdvd0384dh.8362.jpg

That era of Fords I love also.

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

The ultimate 'GenericCar'. Can be used at will in any & all advertising with no worries of product endorsement. ;)

It held that honor for a long time. Crown vics have appeared frequently in more modern times.