Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Leaping From Spot To Spot

ocnblu

The Yukon XL was still parked near my Envoy, so I got a closer and clearer picture:

IMG_20120201_165653.jpg

I know the Terrain has the GMC logo in the tail lights, and many of the past couple of years worth of concepts had it in either of these places (Sierra HD All Terrain has it in the headlights, the Denali XT had it in the tail lights). I wonder if the Acadia or the Sierra have logos on them? I will investigate this over the weekend when I go to the Philly Auto Show :)

on two separate occasions, three different CTS coupes at the same intersection. (none the same one twice, I am assuming.) Sales of those things must be really starting to pick up as of late. Haven't seen any V coupes yet though.

Edited by Turbojett

Cruising into Philly my 2nd time today, behind a gold STS, this black STS-V came up beside darting around everyone. First V I've seen in a long, long time and looked great with chromed factory wheels and blacked windows.

IMG_6361.jpg

Whilst rolling home tonight, saw some drivers were out enjoying the cool winter weather in their oldies...saw a lowered aqua and white '59 Buick 2dr (on large wire wheels), a dark red w/ black vinyl top '67 GTO, and a gold '71 Caprice..all hardtops w/ all the windows down.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

(2) new 2013 Malibu Eco's rolling off the delivery truck next door at Chevy, mixed in with other base model 2012 Malibu's. Red and a white one.

Now, how long until the current/old ones are renamed Classic like last time...

Edited by caddycruiser

Saw an old DeSoto today on Highway 99 near edmonds. Sure do not see to many like that anymore. Needed some TLC, but over all still in pretty good shape for as old as it is.

(2) new 2013 Malibu Eco's rolling off the delivery truck next door at Chevy, mixed in with other base model 2012 Malibu's. Red and a white one.

Now, how long until the current/old ones are renamed Classic like last time...

...and the time before that

...and the time decades before that

On the NJ Turnpike yesterday a little past the Newark airport, coming home from a 2-day offsite training in NYC, I spotted a car carrier with two new 2012 Fisker Karmas - one white, the other a silver-gray color - int he Trucks/Buses lane. I still love the look of these very expensive cars.

On the NJ Turnpike yesterday a little past the Newark airport, coming home from a 2-day offsite training in NYC, I spotted a car carrier with two new 2012 Fisker Karmas - one white, the other a silver-gray color - int he Trucks/Buses lane. I still love the look of these very expensive cars.

Cool. I want to see one of these on the road...

Black Lacrosse Super...haven't seen one in SO long...or this might actually only be the second one I've ever seen driving. On the road in Philly Superbowl Sunday.

IMG_0994.jpg

Then this past Thursday, driving back from Atlantic City a big black Hyundai Equus rolling along the Expressway. Big. Also the first I've seen in motion.

IMG_4470.jpg

Went for a stroll at lunch today and saw a couple blocks from my office a ZipCar site being set up in an ASU parking lot...had a car hauler unloading Focuses, Civics and a Tesla roadster w/ ZipCar logos...interesting..

Then this past Thursday, driving back from Atlantic City a big black Hyundai Equus rolling along the Expressway. Big. Also the first I've seen in motion.

That looks like just west of exit 9B heading westbound on the North-South Freeway, not technically part of the Atlantic City Expressway. ;-)

Oddly, I saw my first Equus the other day... BRIGHT white, driving past the WTC site. Was a pretty nice looking car. Unfortunately, the driver was a complete idiot.

Silver Fiat 500 with chromium gas door. Yellow Fiat 500 @ the local Enterprise office. Miniature.

One of those dumb iQs at the local Scion suppository. And, at the Datsun dealer, a new blue Leaf (it blows.) I wish somebody would turn over that new Leaf.

Noticed the front row at the local Chevy store this morning--2 '13 Malibus--one white and one dark red (like the magazine road test cars), a bright red Camaro LS, a black Camaro SS convertible, and a black Volt...

Speaking of leaping, I caught this Jaguar X-Type Vanden Plas (it said so in the pin-strip) with rear mounted hood ornament just in case you forgot it was a Jaguar when the old bag behind the wheel passed you.

post-51-0-93754400-1329881399.png

I wouldn;t be surprised if it was aftermarket. car mascots, much like flags, are always supposed to be charging.

Speaking of leaping, I caught this Jaguar X-Type Vanden Plas (it said so in the pin-strip) with rear mounted hood ornament just in case you forgot it was a Jaguar when the old bag behind the wheel passed you.

I wouldn;t be surprised if it was aftermarket. car mascots, much like flags, are always supposed to be charging.

Most likely...pretty sure the Vanden Plas and 'VDP' badging usage are bogus also, IIRC Jag had a Vanden Plas version of the XJ but not the X-type....and Vanden Plas was a coachbuilder and a car brand long ago..