ocnblu

Leaping From Spot To Spot

63 posts in this topic

1976 Oldmobile Station wagon with fake wood grain on the side in pretty decent shape. Brings back memories of growing up sitting in that rear facing 3rd seat. :P

extremely clean and incredibly unremarkable '79 LeMans sedan, still wearing factory wire wheel covers, FAR out in the HD lot to avoid door dings. ;)

Flat tan AMC Rebel popped up on a local used car lot.

Silver Fiat 500 with chromium gas door. Yellow Fiat 500 @ the local Enterprise office. Miniature.

One of those dumb iQs at the local Scion suppository. And, at the Datsun dealer, a new blue Leaf (it blows.) I wish somebody would turn over that new Leaf.

'64 Impy convert, black over yellow, fresh from paint; missing all it's trim bits.

'63-'67 Corvette roadster coming toward me, blue, sans hood. Prolly on a shakedown cruise. Not long after that, a dark gold '66 Cutlass coupe.

Saw not 1 but two very clean and sharp late '80s Camaro convertibles today, tops down. A white RS and a black Z-28, both w/ aftermarket 18 inch or so IROC-style wheels.

Walking out of a restaurant today and caught a Jaguar S-Type R (My personal favorite)

Also, Alfa Romeo Giulietta while on the interstate

Silver Datsun X-Trail with stuff on the roof rack and indeterminate license plates. How it got in northern Maryland is anyone's guess.

Matte black first-gen CTS with black wheels. Not a V.

Silver Audi RS parked in front of my work place, very clean and detailed, the rain should muddy it up later today here in Seattle. :)

Noticed the front row at the local Chevy store this morning--2 '13 Malibus--one white and one dark red (like the magazine road test cars), a bright red Camaro LS, a black Camaro SS convertible, and a black Volt...

FIrst Prius V, silver

something else I forget

Was sitting at a light and glanced to my right and spotted a dark red Jensen Interceptor coupe and a white British convertible of some sort in a fenced in lot behind a strip joint...

Speaking of leaping, I caught this Jaguar X-Type Vanden Plas (it said so in the pin-strip) with rear mounted hood ornament just in case you forgot it was a Jaguar when the old bag behind the wheel passed you.

post-51-0-93754400-1329881399.png

Speaking of odd badging, was behind a current style F150 today that had Z71 decals on the rear fenders...

Saw a red Scion iQ this mornign...strange tiny car. Also saw a very clean pale green w/ black top '74 Olds 98.

Speaking of leaping, I caught this Jaguar X-Type Vanden Plas (it said so in the pin-strip) with rear mounted hood ornament just in case you forgot it was a Jaguar when the old bag behind the wheel passed you.

post-51-0-93754400-1329881399.png

I wouldn;t be surprised if it was aftermarket. car mascots, much like flags, are always supposed to be charging.

Saw a red Scion iQ this morning...strange tiny car. Also saw a very clean pale green w/ black top '74 Olds 98.

And saw a white iQ this afternoon, along w/ a bright green Spark...

I wouldn;t be surprised if it was aftermarket. car mascots, much like flags, are always supposed to be charging.

Most likely...pretty sure the Vanden Plas and 'VDP' badging usage are bogus also, IIRC Jag had a Vanden Plas version of the XJ but not the X-type....and Vanden Plas was a coachbuilder and a car brand long ago..

Got my first good, long look at a Ford Fiesta... wow they are narrow from the rear.

Facelifted Lincoln MKS

Black 76 or 77 LeMans

Saw a solid, straight '64 Olds F85 2dr sedan this afternoon...could have been the original light blue paint, w nearly 50 years of sun fade...