ToniCipriani

Oldsmobile Alero Beta Update 2

29 posts in this topic

Oldsmobile, Reincarnated.

Just a quickie, Alero on Epsilon Platform:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: Sidenote, styling influenced by the Oldsmobile Profile Concept.

In memory of Oldsmobile (1897 - 2004).

Edited by ToniCipriani

oh wow i like that alot... those headlights are really nice... good job

may i suggest lowering the ride height tho? add some aggression seeing as the alero was in fact a W body like a grand prix and the monte...

...alero was in fact a W body like a grand prix and the monte...

Alero was N-Body, identical to the Grand Am. Olds' W-body was the Intrigue.

Edited by ToniCipriani

really? i was positive alero was W body... hmm...

oh wow i like that alot... those headlights are really nice... good job

may i suggest lowering the ride height tho? add some aggression seeing as the alero was in fact a W body like a grand prix and the monte...

N-body. Replaced the Achieva and kinda the final Cutlass.

W-body Intrique replaced the Cutlass Supreme.

Added rear:

Posted Image

Know what the scary thing is? The Aurora's tails fit perfectly, shape and everything. I guess the Aura was intended to be Oldsmobile.

And this: AURORA

Edited by ToniCipriani

wow seeing that and the G6 in your sig.....shows how much they look alike...I miss the days where a 1979 Oldsmobile Delta 88 looked nothing like a bonneville or a Buick or a Caddy or a Chevy.....this is just sad IMO...the only sheetmetal those cars had in common was the doors and roof...the rear facias and front facias were all different.... ^_^

Very nice work.. You could have left the taillamps as they were because they look like Eighty Eight taillamps anyway..  This was nice to see and appreciated.  :CG_all:

I was actually going for the Aurora, giving it the family look :AH-HA_wink:

Rear is excellent. Front needs some work still...too concept-y. Make the headlights more realistic, and add some kind of grille upper (think 2002 Bravada in terms of integration) because as shown there just isn't enough air getting to the engine for sure. All that said...great job!

still too squinty...and not to nitpick, but that's a pretty rough chop there.  The overall idea looks good, though.

It is. I worked on it because I got bored from doing my term report.

However, to make it "squint", it's intended. If I make it taller, it won't look much different from the N-Body Alero.

Essentially, I'm saying don't make it squinty at all. Big, bold headlights are "in" so let's see some big ass Olds headlamp units.

Essentially, I'm saying don't make it squinty at all.  Big, bold headlights are "in" so let's see some big ass Olds headlamp units.

No./

if that is meant as a 3rd gen Aurora....NO

that is a next gen Alero if anything....I'd like to see a more in your face nose....take the original headlights.....but double the thinkness of them, and integrate a bigger Olds grille.....and lose the the Tailights....I think the rear needs to be unique to Olds....it just looks like G6 with amber in the tailights...I'm not trying to impune your work....just suggesting what I'd like to see....good work thought :)

if that is meant as a 3rd gen Aurora....NO

that is a next gen Alero if anything....I'd like to see a more in your face nose....take the original headlights.....but double the thinkness of them, and integrate a bigger Olds grille.....and lose the the Tailights....I think the rear needs to be unique to Olds....it just looks like  G6 with amber in the tailights...I'm not trying to impune your work....just suggesting what I'd like to see....good work thought :)

No, it IS the Alero. Way too small for Aurora. I'm just taking cues from the Alero, to bring the relationship closer.

My theory has always been an Aurora on Sigma or Zeta, NOT Epsilon.

On first sight it does look like a G6, and the same can be said with the Aura. However, if you look closely, the way the taillamp wraps into the quarter panel is different from the G6.

Note the taillight part of the front 3/4. The G6 doesn't wrap into the panel like that.

Edited by ToniCipriani

Needs the name "Oldsmobile" on it some place (would be the same mistake as the first Auroras) and maybe some minor changes to a light or trim part here and there but I think it looks good.

Ever wonder why there's no "Mercedes-Benz" explcitly written on a Mercedes-Benz in big letters? A good design should communicate the brand using brand specific design, not words. Here, it's the new generation Oldsmobile design: cat-eye headlights with an European flair. In the recent generation of Chevies, the only ones I've seen with the words Chevrolet actually on it is the Aveo. The design itself doesn't communicate Chevrolet well, so it's needed.

I've always been against putting the brand name in words on a car. Signature grilles and logos are more than sufficient.

In fact if you look at the Aura, there isn't the word "Saturn" on it.

Edited by ToniCipriani

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this