How to pronounce "Ecotec"

How do you pronounce "Ecotec"? Is it E-Co-Tech (like, ecological technology) or Echo-tech (like, I dunno what the heck that would mean). I've always said it the first way, but I've heard people pronounce it the second way. Which (if either) is correct?

Funny this thread should pop up...

I've always said "E'-koh-tek" sa well. I sold Chevrolet cars for

4 years out of two dealerships and it was always pronounced

that way by all the other associates. But at NYIAS the trophy

reps at the Chevrolet and Pontiac booths both pronounced it

as Echo-tech. I just chlked it up to $h!ty N.E. word butchering

and I made a mental note to pronounce it the new correct

way, but now I'm more confused than ever. :blink:

How do you pronounce "Ecotec"?  Is it E-Co-Tech (like, ecological technology) or Echo-tech (like, I dunno what the heck that would mean).  I've always said it the first way, but I've heard people pronounce it the second way.  Which (if either) is correct?

it stands for economically responsible and technologically advanced...

so thus

ECO... TEC

Ecotec

:pbjtime: straight from GM training baby

But how many people ecology or aconomy as EEkology, and EEKonomy. I'd think most people would say ek-ology, ek-onomy, and thus ek-o-tek.

In the states...ecology is ALWAYS with a long e. Economy goes both ways...like "economics" is short e, but fuel economy is long e.

I've always known it as the Eco-Tech engine, at least that's how its spelt on the Wife's Cobalt, therefore, how my mind thinks to pronounce it. Although I'm going guess that some of y'all think I'm a backwards, pickup driving, tobacco chewing hick with a gunrack in his truck. Or some of you might accidentally agree with me.

IN any case I think we can all agree that it beats the $h!

out of any V-tech ever made! The Ecotech has earned

high praises from everyone including V8-centric Car Craft

& Hot Rod. It's a bitchin little motor. Anyone who knows

how pushrod V8 obsessed I am knows that I'm not a

Four banger kind of guy but I love the ecotech!

I'm not sure if I've ever said 'Ecotech' outloud, but I'd pronounce it E-co-tech, pronouncing 'eco' as in ecology. An 'Echo' pronounciation would require it to be spelled Echotech or Eccotech (like the shoe company--Ecco), I think..

Well, today was my first day working at the Saturn dealer, and watching a product video, an announcer for a vehicle introduction at the NYIAS pronounced it echo-tech. I'll have to pay attention to whether any more GM representatives or other "official" sources pronounce it that way...

• 1 month later...

I've pronounced it "ee-ko-tek", with the long 'e' sound. It amkes more sense.

I mean, "echo-tech"?

What the hell is that?