Rims on for the summer and finally got springs

Finally got some lowering springs installed this spring, ment to get these images up earlier but been waiting for some decent weather.

Posted Image

The rear's not as low as I had hoped it would be but it doesn't look as 4x4 as it did before. The ride is certainly better, smoother, tighter I couldn't ask for more.

And as promised here's a bonus that just happened today :angry:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This happened right out in front of my house. I'm at my computer and I hear my alarm going off.. I look outside to see some guy looking at my bumper with his Dodge Ram pulled out a bit. I get outside, tell him that it's my car. He said it was his fault (no $h!), and he had "slipped" on the gas because he was "tired." My dad came out and called the police (one advantage of having a police station less than 50ft away). We swaped information, a report was done and I took pics.

Here's that guy's truck:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The horizontal bar at the far left of his grill is cracked and there's a small crack in his bumper on the right side along with several scrapes that would probably buff out.

Ack, Decka... what a crappy surprise. That's a lot of damage for the age of your vehicle... I'm scared for ya.

The Ram's bumper is clearly twisted back and upward on the right end. A look at the left corner shows a nice gap between the bumper and the headlight assembly... the right side is tight against. The plastic bumper cover on the Ram is very likely hiding more damage to the bumper impact bar beneath, the frame and possibly fender on the Ram.

Edited by ocnblu

Oh, Decka ... very sorry your car got, well, Rammed.

Sure hope things work out for you...keep us posted.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

CD Showcase, 8p-11p central, April 21 & 28, wrmn1410.com

"I should ask, but I won't" ... Rebecca Lynn Howard ... 'Forgive'

Thanks guys for the comments... Today I will be going to a few body shops for a few quotes. It's drivable at the moment, I got some bulbs, and clear red tape and I bungeed down the truck since it wouldn't close. The driver side exhaust looks like it was pushed down a bit but not sure. The frame doesn't look bent but I could be wrong.

I'll let you guys know how I make out. If it is claimed as a "total", I'm just hoping that I will be able to get my $300 Pioneer cd deck, alpine speakers. and maybe the rims if possible.

Edited by Decka

Well, I got a few quotes from some body shops in the area. One body shop quoted it just under $6k, and the another quoted it just under $2500. Both shops said they would claim the car as totaled but the insurance company as final say so I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

When I got out of work I called up a buddy of mine and took the car to his house, spent a few hours doing the following:

-Put the steel wheels back on (with BRAND NEW tires)

-Stock Tape deck

-Stock Front speakers

-Chopped off my stainless exhaust tips

So I lost my springs, hood, and a few other things but I got some of the major items I wanted to keep. I'll let you guys know how it turns out with the insurance.

Edited by Decka

Sorry Decka. You kept that car looking great. Looking at the photos, I knew it was totalled, but I didn't want to sound like an ass. I didn't know how to say it.

I hope it works out well for you at settlement.

Wow... taht sux. Sorry Decka. Good luck wiht all the

red tape and Insurance B.S. I don;t envy you right

about now. :(

Ah Decka, what a shame! I always liked what you did with your Olds Achieva. The very first "new" car I ever test drove was a brand new, bright red 2-door 1992 Olds Achieva SC. If I had the money or credit at that age (18), I would probably have bought it! Too bad aout your car - seeing pics of it always reminded me of that day back in May of '92. Good luck with the settlement.

Well kinda good news.. There was an insurance agent over yesterday to take pictures and look at the car. Apparently we are keeping it but they are claiming it as a total and we a check for the car's value prior of the accident. One thing I'm really shocked is my dad some how talked them into calculating in everything I had on the car too (even though we are keeping it). So they said as long as we have orginal recipts for the work done they will add that in to the estimated value. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but it looks like I'll be able to get some more stuff off my car and will be parting it out. My dad had made a comment on taking the money and fixing the car but when the frame's bent I don't think that's a good idea.

I'll post again when I have more info.

Well.. this is really crap here. The insurance co. estimated it at $1700 for the car's value so this just makes things worse. My dad is fighting with them to bring it up to $3k or so but hasn't heard back from them.

Sorry about your car, but yeah...that Ram pwned it. You know...this is causing me to formulate a theory that Olds suck in car crashes...the big Olds that hit my Shadow took a lot more damage than my car did. His whole front end needed to be replaced, as well as his radiator (at the least)...whereas all I need is a fender. (although the damn insurance company faulted me, even though me, my mom, and my best friend think it was his fault).

Anyway, I'm sorry about what happened, nice wheels by the way, hope you can repair that poor car...

Edited by Dodgefan

Well we finally reached a settlement.

Their insurance co. agreed on $4130:omfg: (maybe + tax, not sure), a lot more than I was expecting. I would have been happy with $2500 or $3k.. but damn..

Excellent news on that settlement ... congratulations!

So, what're you going to do now?

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

CD Showcase.8p-11p central.04/28/06, www.wrmn1410.com

"How can anybody be so lucky?" ... John Conlee ... 'Domestic Life'

My friend got into an accident with their 1994 GMC Sierra. They hit a 300C taxi that went through a stop sign. The whole left rear side was ripped off. They were doing about 80 when they hit. The GMC Sierra was still drivable but they had to take it to the garage later. His dad works at our school so I got to see it. The left side bug deflector, lights, part of the grill were gone. The fender was bent towards the wheel and actually was stuck on it but they twisted it out. The frame was bent so their truck was a write-off. Now they drive a rental. It is a black Caliber SXT Sport. They hate it probably because they like their Vibe GT better. I should've gotten pics of the truck but its too late now. Sorry to hear about your accident.

Great news on the settlement,Decka!  Are you still keeping the car or are they taking it?

This photo pretty much expains it :(

Posted Image

Things I lost:

-KYB Shocks/Struts

-Snow Tires with only 1 winter's use

-Springs (less than a week of use)

-Duel Flowmaster Super 40 Mufflers

-Hood

Still in the process of looking for a car. I'm in the market for a 2 door midsized coupe. So far I haven't found anything I'm really liking.

This photo pretty much expains it :(

Posted Image

Things I lost:

-KYB Shocks/Struts

-Snow Tires with only 1 winter's use

-Springs (less than a week of use)

-Duel Flowmaster Super 40 Mufflers

-Hood

Still in the process of looking for a car. I'm in the market for a 2 door midsized coupe. So far I haven't found anything I'm really liking.

It still looks repairable. My dad's Shadow got hit by a snow plow and he fixed it. Is the damage that bad?

Looks like your Over-Achivah & that poor Grand Prix SE will be

partying soon in the great Automtive Palace in the sky. :(

Why can't Dodge Rams hit Camrys & Tauruses instead of cars

that have soul?

Looks like your Over-Achivah & that poor Grand Prix SE will be

partying soon in the great Automtive Palace in the sky. :(

Why can't Dodge Rams hit Camrys & Tauruses instead of cars

that have soul?

A few years ago I saw a Dakota hit an older Corolla...looked like the trunk of the Corolla exploded...I couldn't see any damaged on the Dakota.

Remember what they say: If you can't Dodge it, RAM IT!

:P