William Maley

New York 2012: SRT Viper: Comments

ok, enough with the back and forth at each other, back and forth over the car....

i love the cross breeding that was done. it went Italian without getting rid of its american roots. it kept and boosted its power. it has alot of tech options to help with handling. it will be a fantastic car.

I am not saying it will not be a fantastic car, but where you love the style of Ferrari, I do not like it at all. I think Lambo is a far better style. VIPERS instill fear in others, This version of the VIPER should use all the technology to build a world class driving car, but keep the style to one that instills fear in others by saying I am not gonna mess with him. This current style is nice, but it does not instill fear. It does not say "Don't Mess with Me!"

I get this I can beat most cars and I have no problem racing, but you might win.

IMO :)

That's because you can't hear it.

• Upvote 2

ok, enough with the back and forth at each other, back and forth over the car....

i love the cross breeding that was done. it went Italian without getting rid of its american roots. it kept and boosted its power. it has alot of tech options to help with handling. it will be a fantastic car.

I am not saying it will not be a fantastic car, but where you love the style of Ferrari, I do not like it at all. I think Lambo is a far better style. VIPERS instill fear in others, This version of the VIPER should use all the technology to build a world class driving car, but keep the style to one that instills fear in others by saying I am not gonna mess with him. This current style is nice, but it does not instill fear. It does not say "Don't Mess with Me!"

I get this I can beat most cars and I have no problem racing, but you might win.

IMO :)

That's because you can't hear it.

Hearing has nothing to do with it, I am sure every one of us once we hear the burble of that Viper Motor will love the sound and feel the energy course through our vains.

Yet the Style is subjective to a persons likes and my use of the Lambo is not for crossbreeding, but as an example of how they should have pushed the body design further.

It seems to me they were pushing the envelop and then some freaking Honda jumped in bed and blanded it down to the level of a Ferrari.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nicer interior, for sure. Not much noticeably new on the exterior except for the Euro headlights, it's still like a giant dick waving in yer face, which is fine for a Viper, just sayin'. Excellent motor, sounds like.

I'm surprised at myself. I am more impressed with the new sedans shown at NY than I am with the Ram and Viper.

This is more aggressive than any Viper has ever looked. I don't get where you people see Ferrari in this at all. It's nothing but Viper from stem to stern.

• Upvote 2

This is more aggressive than any Viper has ever looked. I don't get where you people see Ferrari in this at all. It's nothing but Viper from stem to stern.

:word:

Nicer interior, for sure. Not much noticeably new on the exterior except for the Euro headlights, it's still like a giant dick waving in yer face, which is fine for a Viper, just sayin'. Excellent motor, sounds like.

I'm surprised at myself. I am more impressed with the new sedans shown at NY than I am with the Ram and Viper.

That's too bad you feel that way, considering this marks the return of an icon, which is no better than ever, featuring one of the most powerful naturally aspirated engine in the world.

Ram debuts segment first technologies like the 8-speed automatic for both the V6 and V8, as well as a lightened and strengthened frame, award winning infotainment system, in truck that is 146 pounds lighter than the old one. This, plus improved aerodynamics an air suspension make for a truck that already has the best ride and handling of any half ton now makes 20% better fuel economy without any batteries or electric motors, something you of all people should appreciate.

To each their own.

• Upvote 1

The Viper has never really been my thing, but I do think the new one looks great...can't wait to read the road tests..

The current Ram has always been nice. The Viper has always been off my radar, I am more a Corvette guy. The Chevy Impala hasn't been this stylish and cool since 1996. It is much more of a leap forward than either of the DODGES (forget this Ram and SRT crap). Give me a break.

• Downvote 1

EXACTLY.

I don't see any Ferrari or Alfa or Maserati in it anywhere.

I look at it and I see more of the original GTS coupe than anything else:

Dodge-SRT_Viper_GTS_2013_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg

cars_and_bikes595.jpg

Edited by Turbojett
  • Upvote 2

Honestly, I don't see anything on the new Viper that jumps out at me and screams "Italian" other than the paint, maybe. I guess if I squint really hard at the grille my thoughts might eventually turn to the grille out of a Ferrari 458, but like Swordfish said, it's an all-American Viper end to end and that's a very good thing.

This is the most god awful looking waste of natural resources I have ever seen - we laugh out loud at these (along with Hummers) whenever we see them on the road. No improvement over all the other ugly looking ones out there -

You must have a sad, miserable life if you can't find better use of of your time.

No I Just Have Good Taste -

I can't say much else here that hasn't already been said, but I do have one question: What on Earth do you consider to be a car in good taste?

Edited by black-knight
  • Upvote 1

the only place i really see Italian is the interior. the places on the outside that i can kind of see Italian are the CF but that's not a big deal, and the colored brakes. both of those are so small they aren't worth saying. all Italian influence i see is on the interior. and that's mostly because everything is wrapped in the same leather that Ferrari uses. but yes it is still 100% american muscle. because it wasn't Ferrari themselves who designed the interior. it was SRT asking people what they wanted.

Wow, GM is going to have its work cut out for it in order to beat this, even with the new ZR1.

The seats in that blow anything the Corvette has ever offered out of the water. If GM doesn't design it's own sporty seats for the C7, they better be contacting Recaro.

This is the most god awful looking waste of natural resources I have ever seen - we laugh out loud at these (along with Hummers) whenever we see them on the road. No improvement over all the other ugly looking ones out there -

I agree - these are hideously fugly - and the people who drive them are crack.

• Downvote 3

You're so much in the minority you've resorted to talking to yourself. That's almost as funny as it is pathetic.

• Upvote 2

Should someone call the funny farm and let them know one of their animals wandered off? ;)

• Upvote 1