Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Top Gear: Vauxhall Monaro vs Chrysler vs Jaguar

11 posts in this topic

They're complaining about the torque in the 5.7 hemi?

Yeah I didn't really understand that, considering they never ever talk about torque.

Yeah I didn't really understand that, considering they never ever talk about torque.

They were driving on sand afterall and they couldn't turn off the 300's traction control? I think that's what they were complaining about. As soon as there was wheel-spin, the traction control backed off on the throttle. Without the ability to power slide, it's no wonder the 300 couldn't keep up. Note that they loved it on the street.

I also thought it was ironic that they gushed all over the Monaro and named it #1 while the US press turned their nose up on the GTO.

I only test drove a GTO with a salesman but I could feel the potential! It does blend in on US roads but I think that's a good thing. I like to fly under the radar and the GTO is probably the ultimate sleeper. Picture the poor BMW driver that just got shut down by a "Grand AM".

ok, stacked comparison much?

29k 300c

33k Holden Monaro

50k Jaguar S-Type R

Yes, that's right. Even in a competition with cars that only cost 60% its price, in tests done by three admittedly biased Brits . . . The S-Type still can't win.

i actually saw this episode on tv a while ago... that was back when i was able to watch top gear all the time... now i dont know when its on... its very dissappointing... altho it bothered me that they didnt mention that they sell the monaro in america as GTO... i was happy with a positive review... i never understood why a car has to look like its predecessors did 30 years ago just to be good...so what if it wasnt an exciting, eye catching design, the performance was there, no need to be flashy, then your getting close to rice... all show and no go... id take a boring looking powerhouse anyday

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this