Lamborghini Estoque Concept: I'm Not Dead Yet!

William Maley

Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

April 24, 2012

With the Lamborghini Urus making its debut at this week's Beijing Motor Show, a question has popped upped about another one of Lamborghini's concepts; what ever happened to the Estoque concept?

The Estoque sedan concept was shown at the 2008 Paris Motor Show as a way to preview a new model line for the brand. Since then, nothing much has happened.

Autoweek had the chance to sit down with CEO Stefan Winkelmann and asked him about the Estoque.

"It [the Estoque] was placed on hold because of a number of reasons, including the lack of a suitable platform. We haven't given up on the idea of a sedan entirely, but we see more potential in a sport-utility vehicle encapsulating typical Lamborghini attributes."

Source: Autoweek

View full article

It is very clear that they do love the idea of a 4 door performance sedan, but with the world wide economy in the dumpster, they see faster profits in the SUV. I suspect we will see the name plate expand ove the next few years.

"It [the Estoque] was placed on hold because of a number of reasons, including the lack of a suitable platform."

Just use a Porsche one. Seems to work when you want to make an SUV.

GROSS, Can you imagen cross breeding a sexy Lambo with that butt ugly Panamera? :puke:

yes, but you can still tell it's a Cayenne, which is, in turn, actually a Volkswagen.

the Panamera, however is not.

oh yes, and:

"I think I might be getting better!"

"I think I'll go for a walk..."

Good for you, getting better and walking is an awesome way back to sound health! :)

huh? I'm as fit as I'll ever be, and I do walk quite a bit nowadays. I'm pretty healthy; not Bob Harper healthy, mind you, but i'm not fat, sick or diabetic.

I was making a silly Monty Python reference with that last bit of my post. it was a running gag in one of their movies where somebody was thought to be dying: "He's not dead yet!...I think he's getting better...Actually I think he might pull through...oh, no, no, he's died."

I always appreciate the good vibes though. :cheers:

Edited by Turbojett

huh? I'm as fit as I'll ever be, and I do walk quite a bit nowadays. I'm pretty healthy; not Bob Harper healthy, mind you, but i'm not fat, sick or diabetic.

I was making a silly Monty Python reference with that last bit of my post. it was a running gag in one of their movies where somebody was thought to be dying: "He's not dead yet!...I think he's getting better...Actually I think he might pull through...oh, no, no, he's died."

I always appreciate the good vibes though. :cheers:

Got ya, now I understand. Never watched the Monty Python shows, so was not aware that was from that. So many people seem to have had health issues in the last year, I thought you had gotten sick or something.

Thank you for the explanation, Have a great week. :D