Chevrolet News:Did OnStar Accidently Confirm An SS Model In 2014?

There was never any "96 Malibu SS" car, ;-)

Ok so we found one person that cared? Sorry LOL!

The 2006 Malibu SS. :rolleyes:

:confused0071: You telling me that poser was an SS????? :rage:

JK I see the sarcasm in your eyes! :P

Edited by dfelt

Time will tell if you are right or wrong.

... or crazy.... :breakdance:

First ... it's already been established YEARS ago that I'm crazy ... so, where the hell have you been? ;)

Second ... time will tell if I'm wrong or right ... and if Ch#$r%*et has provided more proof of lying to consumers. Just sayin'.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"Are we too blind to see?" __ Elvis Presley __ 'In The Ghetto'

Time will tell if you are right or wrong.

... or crazy.... :breakdance:

First ... it's already been established YEARS ago that I'm crazy ... so, where the hell have you been? ;)

Second ... time will tell if I'm wrong or right ... and if Ch#$r%*et has provided more proof of lying to consumers. Just sayin'.

CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *

"Are we too blind to see?" __ Elvis Presley __ 'In The Ghetto'

Time will tell if they lied to you or you misunderstood. I really don't think many here see it the same way. I don't thnk that much effort was put into constructing this press release. THis was not a White House press release. LOL!

Time will tell if they lied to you or you misunderstood.

Ch#$r%*et has lied before. What makes you think they didn't do it again? They told everyone that the Lumina replaced the Monte Carlo, just because the Lumina took over in NASCAR. Styling and evidence proves otherwise.

According to the book _Chevrolet: The Complete History_ [copyright 1996 by Publications International LTD], on page 348: "With the new Lumina coupe and sedan effectively replacing their Celebrity counterparts...." And, on page 359: "Taking the place of the aging Celebrity sedan was the Lumina sedan ... a coupe version followed in the fall."

Also, the Lumina shared types (Eurosport), dashboards (flat/horizontal), tail lights (3 square on each side, across the back panel, more or less) and FWD with the Celebrity.....NOTHING with the Monte Carlo (or Impala, for that matter).

"My depth perception must be off again" __ Saliva __ 'Rest In Pieces'

Ch#$r%*et has lied before. What makes you think they didn't do it again? They told everyone that the Lumina replaced the Monte Carlo, just because the Lumina took over in NASCAR. Styling and evidence proves otherwise.

According to the book _Chevrolet: The Complete History_ [copyright 1996 by Publications International LTD], on page 348: "With the new Lumina coupe and sedan effectively replacing their Celebrity counterparts...." And, on page 359: "Taking the place of the aging Celebrity sedan was the Lumina sedan ... a coupe version followed in the fall."

Also, the Lumina shared types (Eurosport), dashboards (flat/horizontal), tail lights (3 square on each side, across the back panel, more or less) and FWD with the Celebrity.....NOTHING with the Monte Carlo (or Impala, for that matter).

Take some time to relax and get our of the house. You are just way too focused on this speck on the wall.

They could call it a Corsa and if the car is right it would still sell. Seeing they are selling it as a Lumina overseas with no issue the name is not a problem as long as it is on the right car. [Not saying I would like the see the Lumina name again. I did not like it the first time]

Like I said lets just see what they do and be glad we have a RWD V8 again.

" "With the new Lumina coupe and sedan effectively replacing their Celebrity counterparts...."" -....... key word there.

I still say your book has it a bit wrong... and you as much as anyone knows there was a lot of name jumble in that era. The Lumina didn't replace the Celebrity directly because the Beretta/Corsica also replaced the Celebrity as well. The Lumina did replace the Monte Carlo in that it solved the problem of Chevy lacking a large family coupe after the death of the G-body Monte Carlo. The Beretta replaced the Celebrity coupe in pricepoint though was a bit smaller in physical size. The Celebrity sedan was essentially split with the lower 75% of the price range taken up by the Corsica and the upper 25% of the price range taken up by the new Lumina which was intended to fill the rather massive gap between Celebrity and Caprice. It is rather similar to the split Ford went through 3 years earlier with LTD/Granada/Thunderbird combining to Fairmont and then splitting to Tempo and Taurus and Thunderbird.

The 1988 W-Body Cutlass Supreme took over from the G-Body Cutlass Supreme Classic and not the A-Body Cutlass Ciera..... The Cutlass Ciera was replaced by the Cutlibu and NOT the Intrigue.

The 1988 W-Body Grand Prix took over for the G-body Grand Prix/Bonneville and not the A-Body 6000 which continued on until 1991.... no matter what Wikipedia says. No one in the world believes that the Grand Prix replaced the 6000.

The 1988 W-Body Regal took over from the G-body Regal and not the A-Body Century which continued on until 1996.

Thus...The 1990 W-Body Lumina took over for the G-Body Monte Carlo and it only looks like it took over for the Celebrity because Chevy was caught flat footed by the Taurus and ended up "missing" a proper upper mid-size car for a few years. The Corsica/Beretta took on the lower end of the market (the proof is in the sales) and Chevy just suffered with the Celebrity as the Caprice/Corsica in-between car until the Lumina came out.

and everyone had a flat/horizontal dash in 1988... if that is going to be a criterion for "sharing"... then the Lumina shared a horizontal dash design with the Taurus as well.